Has (f)Aegon always been (f)Aegon?

Lord Jennings

If the planned worked out and Viserys hadn't of been a total idiot and gotten himself killed, would (f)Aegon still try to claim the throne?

What I am trying to say is: after the death of Viserys did Illyrio and Varys go with the next best plan which is (f)Aegon? Would there even be a (f)Aegon if Viserys lived? Would the golden company AND the dothraki fight for Viserys or would they war against each other? Was it the plan all along for Viserys to die?

Varys tells Kevan that they had been training (f)Aegon since he was a little boy to be the best king there ever was. Why would they train him to rule with Viserys and Dany still alive?

JonCon believes he's real, so he's been fAegon at least since he was a little boy and the Griff griff began.

Or he's the real deal. :-)

Most people on this forum will tell you Varys and Illyrio never has any intention of letting Viserys anywhere near the Iron Throne. And Dany was a nonentity until she went and started hatching dragons and conquoring cities.

JonCon believes he's real, so he's been fAegon at least since he was a little boy and the Griff griff began.

Or he's the real deal. :-)

Most people on this forum will tell you Varys and Illyrio never has any intention of letting Viserys anywhere near the Iron Throne. And Dany was a nonentity until she went and started hatching dragons and conquoring cities.

So you think its been Young Griff all along as the chosen one to take back the throne? What if Viserys had lived? If he was more Rhaegar instead of himself? <--if that were the case I don't think there would even be an (f)Aegon

I agree with you on Daenarys.

I think because Viserys' and Dany's legitimacy is undisputed then their support would be used to bolster fAegon's questionable legitimacy. I think Viserys was probably meant to die but he was meant to get the dothraki to Westeros first and failed. Illyrio probably planned to have Viserys, then Dany, as the figure head during the invasion, and take the flack for it, then kill them when the war was won. As fAegon is so young Illyrio did not expect him to be able to lead his own army by the time the invasion started but because his plans have been delayed the boy has grown up.

If fAegon is a Blackfyre then Varys and Illyrio see him as the "true" king ahead of any Targaryan descended from Daeron II.

If Aegon is real, he's ahead of Viserys in the succession and they would either want him out of the way, or use him to bolster Aegon's legitimacy.

I think because Viserys' and Dany's legitimacy is undisputed then their support would be used to bolster fAegon's questionable legitimacy. I think Viserys was probably meant to die but he was meant to get the dothraki to Westeros first and failed. Illyrio probably planned to have Viserys, then Dany, as the figure head during the invasion, and take the flack for it, then kill them when the war was won. As fAegon is so young Illyrio did not expect him to be able to lead his own army by the time the invasion started but because his plans have been delayed the boy has grown up.

If I am Viserys and Dany I am not supporting (f)Aegon because ever since the sack of King's Landing I have been told he's dead. Now all of a sudden he's alive again? I think that would be a tough sell

If I am Viserys and Dany I am not supporting (f)Aegon because ever since the sack of King's Landing I have been told he's dead. Now all of a sudden he's alive again? I think that would be a tough sell

Yes, sending them headfirst into Robert's warhammer with a couple Dothraki would be better than poison or a dagger in the dark. But ultimately any problem they posed could be dealt with.

If fAegon is a Blackfyre then Varys and Illyrio see him as the "true" king ahead of any Targaryan descended from Daeron II.

If Aegon is real, he's ahead of Viserys in the succession and they would either want him out of the way, or use him to bolster Aegon's legitimacy.

Agreed. I just dont think that after 17 years of believing a person is dead and thinking the 7 kingdoms are yours by right would be easy to give up to someone who shows up and claims they are the true heir.

1. If the planned worked out and Viserys hadn't of been a total idiot and gotten himself killed, would (f)Aegon still try to claim the throne?

2. What I am trying to say is: after the death of Viserys did Illyrio and Varys go with the next best plan which is (f)Aegon? Would there even be a (f)Aegon if Viserys lived? Would the golden company AND the dothraki fight for Viserys or would they war against each other? Was it the plan all along for Viserys to die?

3. Varys tells Kevan that they had been training (f)Aegon since he was a little boy to be the best king there ever was. Why would they train him to rule with Viserys and Dany still alive?

1. It wasn't up to Aegon, Illyrio has set this whole course in action, he is calling the shots up to the point when Tyrion tricks Aegon.

2. Aegon was always the original plan as he is Illyrio's son. Viserys was going to die no matter what, Illyrio was pretty positive Dany would die too. Viserys, when on the run with Dany, approached the GC and asked them to help him invade Westeros and they turned him down. The Dothraki would have never fought for Viserys. Yes it was the plan for Viserys to die the whole time.

3. They trained him because they are related to him and want to put the Blackfyres back on the throne, make no mistake this plan has been in motion for the best part of 2 decades. fAegon was always the plan. Dany and Viserys were completely worthless until Dany hatched the dragons (which NO ONE knew would happen). After the dragons Varys and Illyrio wanted her back because the dragons validate who she is and if fAegon married her, no one would question him. It was all about him the whole time.

nice @ suzanna stormborn. I guess JonCon's take away from supporting this farce is that he gets to go home. Hes placing a pretender on his best friends throne but I guess thats better, to him, than Tommen. Good enough for me.

There is debate about whether or not JonCon knows the true lineage of fAegon. I used to think he knew Aegon was fake, but if you go back and read the JOnCon/GC chapter, it really seems like JonCon believes Aegon is Rhaegars son. JOnCon's motives are to restore 'his Prince's' son to the throne and to take Connington house back and to restore his families honor.

Archived