Tyrion & Shae

4th Dragon Head

I don't know, I found it a really weird choice what they did w/TV Shae, if they were going to change her character, it would have to me been much more interesting if they made their relationship more of a question for the audience...is there any affection there or not, leave it open to multiple interpretations...as opposed to doing the polar opposite of the book.

I simply can't see how they will have Tyrion kill her.

I found book Shae, as you know from this thread, to have zero redeeming qualities...and I was horrified that Tyrion murdered her and it changed my view of his character and I am still POd that even 2 books later he's not even sorry FFS. So, I can't imagine how the show thinks they can take a hugely sympathetic TV Shae and have him kill her. It's impossible. Someone else has to do it.

There are screencaps of Tyrion walking into his old chamber, with the bare legs of a woman visible. We've also been introduced in season 3 to a solid chain Tyrion gives her as a gift. To me it's pretty certain Shae bites it. But it's true that it will be weird to see Shae betray him after almost swearing undying love to Tyrion, in front of Varys no less.

I think after seeing what we have seen on the TV version, if she were to still betray Ty the way she did in the books, and sleep with Tywin, it would make her seem even worse after the trial. In the books, there is the argument of "he knew what she was, she didn't owe him her allegiance". I think that part has been taken out in the show. In the show, he is utterly devoted to her, and seemingly she is to him. So with her betrayal, the audience would feel sorry for him to an even larger extent than the book readers did. I wouldn't be surprised if it made her willingly come forth to testify and take away the possible "cercei forced her" argument out too. That would villainize her in the show for sure...

But I also wouldn't be surprised if they did eliminate him killing her, bc that would take away from the good guy dynamic he has in the show. In the books, it shows everyone having good and bad qualities, and its not clear cut. In the show, he is clearly a good guy, and him killing her, for whatever reason, might deviate from that

I think after seeing what we have seen on the TV version, if she were to still betray Ty the way she did in the books, and sleep with Tywin, it would make her seem even worse after the trial. In the books, there is the argument of "he knew what she was, she didn't owe him her allegiance". I think that part has been taken out in the show. In the show, he is utterly devoted to her, and seemingly she is to him. So with her betrayal, the audience would feel sorry for him to an even larger extent than the book readers did. I wouldn't be surprised if it made her willingly come forth to testify and take away the possible "cercei forced her" argument out too. That would villainize her in the show for sure...

But I also wouldn't be surprised if they did eliminate him killing her, bc that would take away from the good guy dynamic he has in the show. In the books, it shows everyone having good and bad qualities, and its not clear cut. In the show, he is clearly a good guy, and him killing her, for whatever reason, might deviate from that

I agree with this...by making it appear that Shae was truly in love with Tyrion, he looks like less of a fool for believing there were a real loving relationship between them and more justified in his reaction to her perceived "betrayal".

Archived