Fourth Trailer Hits the Web

Westeros

A lot of new shots here, a few new bits of dialog, and at least one very, very interesting scene (see if you can guess which one we mean), can now be found over at the official Game of Thrones Facebook page.

Visually stunning work, as usual!

Visit the Site!

my guess is Jamies hateful line or the Boltons Stark line.

Not directly related to the trailer, but anyone interested in an in-depth recap of the premiere (there are more details given in the comments) can check it out here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/20s46w/spoilers_all_including_s4e01_so_ive_seen_the/

Obviously there are MAJOR SPOILERS (sort of...), so if you don't want to know how the first episode plays out, then I wouldn't recommend reading the above link. It's not so much a review as it is a scene-by-scene (approximately) breakdown. The poster did have this to say, though...

So I got to go to the premiere and see S4.E01. It's a treat. It moves fast. There is a lot crammed in, but it flows well.

At about 0:50 you can see Stannis' ship sailing underneath the Titan of Braavos. Stannis scene AND a Braavos reveal in one? *Salivates*

IKR? I also can't wait to see more shots of the Titan. And of course, the Stannis & Mycroft Tycho scene should be amazing, too.

Stannis's ship seems to have a different colour scheme, remember in s2ep5 I think, they had the Fury with white sails with his sigil. Now its red not that its a big deal, do you think we will see Saladoor Saan? I really hope so. Just cant wait!

Stannis's ship seems to have a different colour scheme, remember in s2ep5 I think, they had the Fury with white sails with his sigil. Now its red not that its a big deal, do you think we will see Saladoor Saan? I really hope so. Just cant wait!

I think it is red because it is Salladhor's ship and we know he is a fancy man. Lysene guy with red sails, not weird at all.

Not directly related to the trailer, but anyone interested in an in-depth recap of the premiere (there are more details given in the comments) can check it out here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/20s46w/spoilers_all_including_s4e01_so_ive_seen_the/

Obviously there are MAJOR SPOILERS (sort of...), so if you don't want to know how the first episode plays out, then I wouldn't recommend reading the above link. It's not so much a review as it is a scene-by-scene (approximately) breakdown. The poster did have this to say, though...

That was... GOLD

Brilliant!

I like that they open with the reforging of Ice, it's a good note to start the season on: very symbolic of the breaking down of House Stark and the North into smaller, Lannister-controlled contingents. Not sure how I feel about Dany "humorously" resolving a bet between Grey Worm and Daario, this feels like something that might be found on a show like 'Sherlock,' or 'The Office…' I just hope they don't make it too comedy-orientated. But I'll reserve judgement until I've actually seen the episode.

Looks like we're definitely getting "Hands of Gold," then. Tyrion and Shae tension is always a very good sign. The Martell introduction sounds…interesting. It does feel like it could end up being cheesy (Oberyn getting mad at some drunk Lannisters and beating them up), but I have faith that they'll handle it well. And in any case, I'm glad we're getting the story of Elia in the first episode already. Sansa/Tyrion/Dontos also sounds much better than I was expecting it to be (Sansa is "having none of it"), and they included the amethysts!! :bowdown:

Always nice to see some fan-service in the form of the white book scene (Duncan the Tall and Arthur Dayne), so no complaints there. I am a bit confused by how the episode will end, though: from the review it sounds like the last scene will be the crucified children pointing the way to Meereen. I was sure it would be Arya's recovery of Needle, as that seems like a more natural episode-concluding moment :dunno:

Either way, though, it sounds amazing! Can't wait for April 6th!!

Daenerys is, at the end of the trailer, sitting with Drogon on what seems to be a higher place. I was wondering if it could mean Dany will ride Drogon earlier than expected? Or if it was just editing. Also indeed the ship going towards Braavos... What happened to Stan's refusal to go there? This s04 makes me very curious :)

Archived