How far will the ironborn get?

We know the iron born are sailing up the meander and reaving and are based on the shield islands, but how far into mainland westeros will they get? This is without the possible dragon that vicotorian will posses should that plan come through? Personally i can see them maybe getting to Highgarden before the Tyrells get to them.

The popular theory is they'll be useful just enough to get Daeny to Westeros through some sort of forced marriage. Victaryn is at sea and poised to use the Hellhorn during the Battle of Mereen.

Another popular theory is Theon will be used to resurrect Jon. Theon and Asha are poised to be hostages turned wildcards.

I think they'll flee to the seas as the Others attack. I'm getting tired of the political warfare, and the Krakens seem like a delicious sea food feast for the White Walkers, but given the Isles have gotten a lot more facetime lately GRRM can probably squeeze a few more fish wives out before the Others invade.

Do people really think Victarion will succeed in making Dany his salt wife? Really? I'm sure The George could make it work, but it sounds like an awful idea.

How far will they get? Hopefully they'll come to Toronto so I can kick them all in the balls.

Militarily any time they are caught in the mainland in numbers they will likely be spanked. They don't use cavalry, use limited ranged weapons, aren't the most disciplined etc.

I think they could do some serious damage to the structure of the Reach with some reading but I believe it will be limited enough. A few castles which will be taken back without Danys interference or some other unforeseen event

It is possible Euron/Victaryn go all the way to King's Landing. It's on the way back for Vic, and who knows what Euron is doing during this time. KL is on the coast, there's no Tyrion to bait and switch out of a KL invasion, GRRM hints the Iron Throne will change hands a number of times before its end.

And it is called the Iron Throne.

Here's a map to think about it logistically:

http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/versions/speculative_map.jpg

It is possible Euron/Victaryn go all the way to King's Landing. It's on the way back for Vic, and who knows what Euron is doing during this time. KL is on the coast, there's no Tyrion to bait and switch out of a KL invasion, GRRM hints the Iron Throne will change hands a number of times before its end.

And it is called the Iron Throne.

Here's a map to think about it logistically:

http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/versions/speculative_map.jpg

Also many other major cities/castles are based on rivers and by the sea, harrenhall, storms end, sunspear, white harbour, gulltown, twins, KL etc. So who knows, it all depends on how ambitous Euron is, we know they have the largest fleet in the kingdoms, can't see them winning the war overall but can see them becoming a force to be reckoned with.

Either Euron succeedes with his plan, and ends up on the IT, from which he can do some real good, or damage if you look at it that way.

Or it fails and he gets crushed leading to an insurrection by Aeron, Theon and Asha.

Either way, before that happens, he gets to trap that silly Redwyne fellow, take his ships and reave the prize called the Arbor.

They might get to the Reach which gives us a good chance to see Willa's and Highgarden. Then they get beaten down by the Tyrells, or of they manage to defeat the Tyrells then they can go toe to toe with the GC. Alternatively, Dany and her dragons can land in the Iron Islands while all the Ironborn are invading, forcing the Ironborn to return to defend their homes and getting burnt to a crisp.

Do people really think Victarion will succeed in making Dany his salt wife? Really? I'm sure The George could make it work, but it sounds like an awful idea.

There's a lot of foreshadowing that says he will. Theon describing what a salt wife is, Balon going on and on about paying the iron price. Plus in the House of the Undying one of the prophecies is three mounts you must ride one to bed, one to dread, and one to love. The accompanying images are the horse Khal Drogo gave her as a wedding gift, a smiling gray skinned corpse at the tiller of a ship (a very obvious reference to a Greyjoy, probably Victarion), and a blue rose petal in a wall of ice (an obvious reference to Jon). That makes me think Victarion's ship is one of the three mounts and that it's the one to dread.

for the sake of the people that live there I hope not

Don´t be so pessimistic.

The Mormont women would make fine raiders, the raiders would be quite happy with all the wine of the Arbor and the peasants of the Riverlands can always brag to the other peasants: "Yah!? But mine lord is a PIRATE! A terror of the seas!!!".

Archived