Jorah needs a woman !

Pod The Impaler

Who do I hate enough to pair off to the biggest douche of westeros?? An oathbreaker, a slaver, a traitor and pretty much an idiot?? Well Danny is one candidate - she seems to be in the habit of marrying slavers and idiots, but she's out according to the OP so I'll go with Cersei.

Seriously though - Couldnt Jorah have given Lynesse as much wealth she wanted if he had just sold LongClaw?? Sure its a valuable heirloom but Tywin is desperately in the market for a Valyrian Steel sword(said to be as valuable as a kingdom) and he can shower Jorah with gold. How is breaking the law, risking execution, and doing something as despicable as slaving better than selling the family sword??

The sword was important to his family. I have a feeling Jorah will meet Sam, Sam will tell Jorah of his father and his dying wish and Jorah will drop whatever he is doing and go join the Watch. Seriously once he drops this whole "I love Dany" thing he will become a much more likable character.

The sword was important to his family. I have a feeling Jorah will meet Sam, Sam will tell Jorah of his father and his dying wish and Jorah will drop whatever he is doing and go join the Watch. Seriously once he drops this whole "I love Dany" thing he will become a much more likable character.

I agree.

Jorah needs a woman like a fish needs a rocket. He needs to get his own head together first before he drags someone else into it.

But if he must wed, I think he should try to marry a woman who doesn't want excessive amounts of luxury. Asha Greyjoy, maybe? She might like his stark contrast to Qarl the Maid.

First he needs to get over his valyrian fetish. :stillsick:

Nowhere near necessary :cool4: . He lives in Essos, relatively close to the remaining Valyrian cities. If he gets himself back in Dany's good graces and the war for Meereen is won, I'd reckon he could easily marry a prosperous merchant or minor noblewoman from Volantis, Tolos or Elyria.

Seriously though - Couldnt Jorah have given Lynesse as much wealth she wanted if he had just sold LongClaw?? Sure its a valuable heirloom but Tywin is desperately in the market for a Valyrian Steel sword(said to be as valuable as a kingdom) and he can shower Jorah with gold. How is breaking the law, risking execution, and doing something as despicable as slaving better than selling the family sword??

He'd just finished really fucking things up, I think he figured he'd leave the sword as it was pretty much the very least he could do. Besides Jon needed to get his speshul sword :rolleyes: .

He'd just finished really fucking things up, I think he figured he'd leave the sword as it was pretty much the very least he could do. Besides Jon needed to get his speshul sword :rolleyes: .

I meant instead of fucking up - If I am given the choice between selling a valuable family heirloom and selling human beings - I'd chose the heirloom any day of the week.

I meant instead of fucking up - If I am given the choice between selling a valuable family heirloom and selling human beings - I'd chose the heirloom any day of the week.

You aren't a lord, he's living living in without all the equal rights. He's a lord, the poachers were stealing from him. I'm not justifying or trying to justify his actions, but it's not that surprising he chose to sell the lowborn thieves than his families pretty much only heirloom.

Jorah needs a kick in the nuts, tbh. Preferably two. Then he needs to get over his "tiny blonde girls" fetish, and finally he can go marry Pretty Meris or smth. *grumble*

He's got a few, he's learning the error of selling people to slavery, by experiencing it. The fetish we'll have to wait until he's back in Dany's presence. Dany's time on the plains where she hallucinated he was there, clearly means she'd forgive him if he asks for it. The fetish... I'd just be happy if he picked an adult.

He's got a few, he's learning the error of selling people to slavery, by experiencing it. The fetish we'll have to wait until he's back in Dany's presence. Dany's time on the plains where she hallucinated he was there, clearly means she'd forgive him if he asks for it. The fetish... I'd just be happy if he picked an adult.

True, hopefully he's wising up somewhat, and I fully agree with the "picking an adult" thing.

TV Jorah I like, he is noble and caring and protective.

Book Jorah is a creepy sycophant. The only woman who "deserves" him is Cersei.

Tv Jorah has been whitewashed.

Book Jorah a sycophant? Not really, he certainly doesn't just tell her what she wants to hear. Barristan is more sycophantic in my opinion.

But creepy, yes.

Good point about Barristan.

Well I've always thought that he'd tell her anything to get in her pants plus he likes to suck up to women who are so out of his league that it's not even funny. No wonder they changed him to a completley different character in the show. The levels of creepy on the creep-o-meter are unbelievably high even without his leering.

Years ago he used to be one of the reasons I dreaded any Danereys chapters after Drogo's death.

Archived