The Walking Dead: Those Who Arrive, Survive (TV & Comics SPOILERS)

Lady Octarina

I rewatched some of those scenes. You're right. They aren't as bad as they seemed. Their biggest violations were roughhousing, bouncing a ball in the house, and wearing their shoes in the bed. Even if they hadn't said anything about Michonne possibly being hot, as a viewer, I would have automatically assumed this was a bad group just because it's a roving band of dudes.

I think it does play with our assumptions of them being outright bad and it is interesting how the leader mentioned that groups of men aren't welcomed because of that fact.

I thought they sounded pretty rapey in the house and maybe I am mistaken but I thought they were discussing terrorizing and or murdering someone. Rick had to worry not only about himself, but Michonne and Carl as well. These are guys that choke each other out over a bed, I think killing the guy was fair play, there is no telling wht they would have done to Rick. Even if they offered him a chance to join, he had to think of his own companions. We now know they are not above killing one another, so I still support Rick in getting away by any means necessary.

I'd really need to see the episode again to recall how bad the comments about Michonne were.My memory suggested it sounded bad, The issue is that this is a group of men where some may be putting on a false show to fit in not fall down the pecking order.

:agree:

And even if they're just talk and nothing but a bunch of cowards when things get difficult, after what Rick heard/witnessed I don't think it's that terrible that he did what he did.

I'm not criticising Rick's actions at all. I can see how that group would be justifiably pissed off at Rick's actions though. It's sort of the same scenario as last season when the inmates were rounded up by Rick and Co and some turned on them - from the inmates POV Rick and co were the aggressors.

I'd be fine with the guy who likes his drinks dying, though, or Glenn, or Maggie... Is it to much to hope they would rid us of Eugene this soon?

Not Bob! I really warmed up to him after the episode of him hanging out with Sasha and Maggie. Guy can act as well, which I'll be honest makes up for a lot of the ropey dialogue sometimes. Think about scenes with Carl and Michonne vs Bob with anyone. In hindsight it makes me realise how good a job David Morrissey did (and even then there were times he couldn't save the Governor).

Glenn really leapt to the top of my "expendables" list after the last episode though. His blind determination was stupid rather than heartwarming. A detour over/around the tunnel would have cost him a

or perhaps their reunion is the THREEDOG THAT WAS PROMISED.

Speaking of which, we've yet to to see ONE-DOG's return. They can't have a one-eyed dog guest star and have zero follow up.

It would be rather awesome if Morgan owns One-Dog and they rescued Beth :)

HAs anyone seen any rumours as to whether the actor playing Morgan is returning?

Speaking of which, we've yet to to see ONE-DOG's return. They can't have a one-eyed dog guest star and have zero follow up.

HAs anyone seen any rumours as to whether the actor playing Morgan is returning?

I've noticed conflicting info. He's credited for the episode but I've also seen Gimple deny his appearance.

I'd really need to see the episode again to recall how bad the comments about Michonne were.My memory suggested it sounded bad, The issue is that this is a group of men where some may be putting on a false show to fit in not fall down the pecking order.

I don't remember the details either, but let's assume some of them are just trying to put on a false show. That they feel they have to do that suggests that the leader is fine with whatever. If even one of them is inclined towards bad/criminal behavior, no one is going to stop it. That's pretty bad in my book. Not to mention the peer pressure that might compel someone to act in a way they might not want to.

I don't remember the details either, but let's assume some of them are just trying to put on a false show. That they feel they have to do that suggests that the leader is fine with whatever. If even one of them is inclined towards bad/criminal behavior, no one is going to stop it. That's pretty bad in my book. Not to mention the peer pressure that might compel someone to act in a way they might not want to.

Or it was the guy they put down. This is a bad group of people but it's still the case that Rick was more aggressive (he didn't have to kill that guy) and that I can empathise with that group wanting Rick dead. They didn't kill Darryl upon finding him so the same is true of Rick.

I still think Rick did the "right" thing under the circumstances.

Rick absolutely had to kill that guy. After he got over the shock of seeing a stranger he lunged for his weapon, there was no choice really, either he shoots Rick or calls his buddies. Neither one does Rick any good.

No argument there. What I'm trying to say is that I can understand that group being pissed and thinking Rick over-reacted. If they were to kill Rick (not going to happen), I'd say they were within their rights.

As much as I want to see Morgan back, having "Clear" be the last we see of him would be more powerful imo. That was one of the series best episodes by far.

I agree, especially considering his storyline after joining Rick's group in the comics. I'd be very disappointed if they did anything similar on the show.

One-Dog? Wth is that? (terrible memory, as I've told you before :blushing: )

One-Dog? Wth is that? (terrible memory, as I've told you before :blushing: )

One-Dog is the awesome one-eyed dog that tried to hang out with Beth and Daryl. I think he's either a post-apocalyptic Lassie (he tried to warn them) or he's an agent of the Governor (I've invented a back story where the two met on the road and became friends. I'd settle for him hanging with Morgan though.

Comic Morgan is pretty shit to be honest. He doesn't really do anything in the comic. TV Morgan is far superior but maybe he works best in small doses.

I agree with you on Morgan.

I didn't remember that dog only had one eye (I wonder if I even noticed that). I think a more sound theory is that the Governor has reincarnated into it, so it wasn't trying to warn them, but to make them relax enough for the zombies to get them.

I agree with you on Morgan.

I didn't remember that dog only had one eye (I wonder if I even noticed that). I think a more sound theory is that the Governor has reincarnated into it, so it wasn't trying to warn them, but to make them relax enough for the zombies to get them.

Maybe I imagined it had one eye (a pretty specific oddity). If he has two eyes I withdraw my Governor theory :)

EDIT: just found this it's a genuine one-eyed dog. The Governor theory is back in play. Although the real life dog is definitely more of a "lassie" based on its heroism.

I just wanted to pop over from the "other" thread and say I hope you guys don't stop posting over there.

Many of the more fun to read posts are from you guys.

I'm holding on to my theory that one-dog is Morgan's new buddy and that he is the mystery driver that swoops in and takes beth away.

Beth is not mystery meat damn it :crying:

I hope thats true on BOTH counts. :wideeyed:

I just wanted to pop over from the "other" thread and say I hope you guys don't stop posting over there.

Many of the more fun to read posts are from you guys.

Agreed.

No argument there. What I'm trying to say is that I can understand that group being pissed and thinking Rick over-reacted. If they were to kill Rick (not going to happen), I'd say they were within their rights.

I think that is what is interesting about the presentation. Is Joe really "bad"and a "Carol" on steroids in his reasoning process? How is Rick percieved by others outside the group, again going back to the original "I am Legend" parallel.

I'm not sanitizing Joe and what he ultimately is, but I think themes of how everyone deals in their own way with the apocolypse is provocative.

I think that is what is interesting about the presentation. Is Joe really "bad," and Carol on steroids in his reasoning process? How is Rick percieved by others outside the group, again going back to the original "I am Legend" parallel.

I'm not sanitizing Joe and what he ultimately is, but I think themes of how everyone deals in their own way with the apocolypse is provocative.

I agree that it's interesting to see how different pockets of people survive. This group of loners make their own kind of sense much like Negan's way of doing things and the crazy guy who thinks he's a knight or something. They all work in their own way yet there is a "right" and "wrong" way to do so morally.

If Morgan and One-dog was the focus of the spin-off show (haven't heard anything on that for a while) I'd happily watch it.

Re: Morgan

He was a little crazy when last we saw him. Like even deeper than Rick. I have a hard time believing he got out of that and is driving around rescuing people. I have an easier time believing he's been captured by Medium-rare Mary. But we will see, I suppose.

Re: Joe and crew

The representation thus far is reminiscent of the gang bangers (Vatos?) in the old folks home. Look shady turn out ok. But I think they are probably shady without being totally ok.

Maybe, maybe, this is the origin of a Negan-like character we meet briefly, but then encounter again after this storyline plays out.

I'm holding on to my theory that one-dog is Morgan's new buddy and that he is the mystery driver that swoops in and takes beth away.

Beth is not mystery meat damn it :crying:

A one-eyed dog which can drive a car and is friends with Morgan :o I'm on board :p

Re: Morgan

He was a little crazy when last we saw him. Like even deeper than Rick. I have a hard time believing he got out of that and is driving around rescuing people. I have an easier time believing he's been captured by Medium-rare Mary. But we will see, I suppose.

Re: Joe and crew

The representation thus far is reminiscent of the gang bangers (Vatos?) in the old folks home. Look shady turn out ok. But I think they are probably shady without being totally ok.

Maybe, maybe, this is the origin of a Negan-like character we meet briefly, but then encounter again after this storyline plays out.

I think thats right. Not exactly the same but a good match. (Not a reader of the comics, but I read up on Negan as I don't mind being spoiled), and it seems exacting absolute order to the point of using such brutality is the common denomonator between the two.

It is also interesting Negans view regarding sexual violence because it's unexpected.

Archived