Wow, I Never Noticed That v.4

coil

The parallels between Cersei and Catelyn.

Catelyn:
Originally betrothed to Brandon, Ned's brother.

Brandon dies.

Married to Ned.

Grows to love him and gives him trueborn children.

Hates Ned's (alleged) bastard but does the child no harm.

Rules the North with Ned benevolently.

Cersei:
Hoped to be betrothed Rhaegar.

Rhaegar dies.

Married to Robert.

Grows to despise him and gives him no trueborn children.

Hates Robert's bastards and kills them when necessary.

Rules the 7-Kingdoms alone, malevolently.

The two dead ramgers found in Gamebof Thrones appear to not have both been.killed by the Others. Othor looks like he was, because he is described as having wounds thay near similarity to Waymar Royce. Jafer Flowers however, was likely killed by Othor and his axe (which Dywen even mentions).

Yeah, not only this, but Wylla's (only?) words are "We know about the promise". Coincidence much, or do we know Martin better? :)

I've posted this a couple of times before, but that line -- I know about the promise -- is actually preceded by her mother saying to her: "You know nothing." Sound familiar? :)

“Hush, child,” said Lady Leona. “You heard your lord grandfather. Hush! You know nothing.”

I know about the promise,” insisted the girl. “Maester Theomore, tell them! A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf’s Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves took us in and nourished us and protected us against our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we should always be their men. Stark men!”

- ADwD, Davos III

"You know nothing."

"I know about the promise."

"Promise me, Ned."

Perhaps this means that Wylla the wet nurse knows about "the promise"; aka, R+L=J.

I've posted this a couple of times before, but that line -- I know about the promise -- is actually preceded by her mother saying to her: "You know nothing." Sound familiar? :)

- ADwD, Davos III

"You know nothing."

"I know about the promise."

"Promise me, Ned."

Perhaps this means that Wylla the wet nurse knows about "the promise"; aka, R+L=J.

Wait! Am I missing something??? What's Manderlys got to do with Wylla???

The name of the girl who gives the speech -- "I know about the promise,..." -- is named Wylla Manderly. So I'm saying that the names might be a hint that the other Wylla in the story also knows about a certain promise; Promise me, Ned.

The passage is evocative of Jon/R+L=J for three different reasons: "You know nothing."-- Something that is usually said to Jon; the name Wylla, which is linked to Jon via the wet nurse, and; her claim that she knows of a promise, which is connected to Jon via Promise me, Ned.

Nothing. At least nothing with the wetnurse Wylla.

I realise the wait for the books is long but you can't really read so much into every little detail. "Hush child, you know nothing" (in hindsight) smacks of Lady Leona knowing of the ruse Wyman Manderly played on the Freys and was desperate to have her shut up so as to not blow their cover.

The rate some people are going soon we'll get connections between how he italicized the and the at various points, thus proving or disproving one thing or the other. Thinking about the story more and less jumping to conclusions might be in order.

I just re- read the last Bran chapter. There is nothing in it to give credence to " Jojen Paste"

And I just re-read it as well, and state the opposite!

Jojen's behaviour is too erratic, there have been many hints about cannibalism, we know that magic and powers in general come with a price, the moon is often compared to a knife and Bran eats a strange food (not the first time he's fed something he doesn't realise what it really is) and tastes blood.

@J. Stargaryen never noticed that tiny and nice fragment...

Archived