Arya and Castle Black

Dogma

By now, every character and every angle has been discussed, still I cannot seem to find much about this theory. Here goes... I think Ayra will wind up taking the Black at the Wall. More speciffically, she will become Lord (Lady) Commander. This will Make her a Lady, (something Arya always objects to, but that is continuosly mentioned) , this will fullfil the Stark legacy,( where a Stark has manned the Wall for a thousand years), and it will attone for her "sins" . Arya's skill and knowlege aquired from the FM will make her a fearsome leader. She will rebuild both the numbers and the reputation of the Nights Watch. She will open the Watch up to females and enlist some of the spearwives from beyond the Wall. Arya, as Lady Commander of the Nights Watch, will not only be able to Protect the Wall but will make all the Kingdoms fear/repect the Watch.

Points...Ayra was greatly influenced by Yoren of the Nights Watch. Yoren shielded her from her father's beheading and it was Yoren who told her his brother's story and started her nightly "prayers". Arya has been influenced by many diferent men and lived in many different circunstancees form castle priveleged to starving and hunted. She has gained the ability to "see" from every prespective. Also, Ayra has always been with a "pack" (wolf pun intended) first, she had her brothers, then Gendry and the boys marching to the wall, then the Brotherhood without Banners, then the FM, she is not a lone wolf. Taking the Black, would give her a Big Pack. (Rhyme and pun intended).

The Wall and the Knights Watch will have many battles and changes that do not include Ayra.Ayra will not go to the Wall for quite a while, she will first have to give the "gift" to someone, be reunited with past characters, but I do not believe she will die. Since her character would have to atone for all the lives she took, she will either have to die or make amends and The Watch releases you from your past transgressions this seems a likely for Ayra. Thoughts...

• 1 month later...

The NW won't be existing much longer, so no

I agree with this. Even at the start of the book, the NW had declined so far that it was more penal colony than honorable institution. It sunk even further over the course of the story, and the latest blow might finally prove to be the last straw- losing two LC in a row to mutiny in the span of a few months could finally break it. The realm stopped caring about the NW and refused to pay and staff it properly, so it was on borrowed time anyway.

I agree with this. Even at the start of the book, the NW had declined so far that it was more penal colony than honorable institution. It sunk even further over the course of the story, and the latest blow might finally prove to be the last straw- losing two LC in a row to mutiny in the span of a few months could finally break it. The realm stopped caring about the NW and refused to pay and staff it properly, so it was on borrowed time anyway.

I agree. The NW will either not exist, or it's going to be radically changed. I think Sam's dream where he sees the NW at Horn Hill dressed in all sorts of colors foreshadows such developments.

As for Arya, I still hold out hope that she is going to be queen of the Hardhome wildings.

I agree. The NW will either not exist, or it's going to be radically changed. I think Sam's dream where he sees the NW at Horn Hill dressed in all sorts of colors foreshadows such developments.

As for Arya, I still hold out hope that she is going to be queen of the Hardhome wildings.

I think the NW would work better as a different type of institution, anyway. Jon's changes to allow people to help fight without having to swear oaths was a big step in the right direction. People will fight as long as they don't have to give up their lives for it.

I agree.. I think that either this time the Others will be gone for good and the seasons will decline to our earth's normallity by the end of the book (so no need for the Watch since that was their role) either the Wall will fall thus after the end of the Long Night vs 2.0 (ok, probably not so long this time except if martin is going to say that years passed and passed :whistle:). Or both of them. Thus, there will be no need for the Watch to exist ...

I'm not too sure if the Others will go away for good, and if this is the last Long Night.

What I do agree with, though, is that the NW in its current condition can no longer work, and needs to be completely reformed. Easiest to establish that is perhaps to have it break for now, so a newer Watch can arise later after the LN is done. If a certain LC would have any sort of power at the end, he'd be a good candidate to write the new rules. :leer:

Arya taking the black or being queen of the Wildlings? Er, no...

PS: Is there a reason this thread is in this subforum? It's for the upcoming Worldbook, not general.

Archived