Tormunds role in WoW?

Lord Robb

The latest event we saw at the Wall was when Bowen Marsh and co stabbed Jon, their LC. Jon was on his way from a meeting with wildlings and brothers of the Watch where he told that he planned to break his oath and fight Ramsay Bolton. At the meeting he did also give Tormund Giantsbane command over the group that would rescue the Wildlings at Hardhome. But as he got stabbed minutes later, what will Tormund do? Will he do as Jon told him and go to Hardhome? Or will he stay at the Wall and try to kill Bowen and his buddies? Or will he do something else? How will Tormund affect the plot in WoW?

Tormund may or may not kill Bowen and Company, but he'd be a good choice for moving Jon's body and guarding it. I'd expect the NW is going to have its own little civil war over the stabbing. The wildlings don't even need to get involved, but of course they can if they want to. I could certainly see them defending/avenging Jon.

What I'm more curious about at this point is what he'll do after the bloodshed has (temporarily) stopped. Where does he go and what does he do for the middle of the book? He's got potential to become a major player in the Long Night 2.0 if not the rest of Messteros.

Tormund may or may not kill Bowen and Company, but he'd be a good choice for moving Jon's body and guarding it. I'd expect the NW is going to have its own little civil war over the stabbing. The wildlings don't even need to get involved, but of course they can if they want to. I could certainly see them defending/avenging Jon.

What I'm more curious about at this point is what he'll do after the bloodshed has (temporarily) stopped. Where does he go and what does he do for the middle of the book? He's got potential to become a major player in the Long Night 2.0 if not the rest of Messteros.

I think it's entirely possible that Tormund and his followers may be given the Dreadfort once this is all over...or he or one of his sons might marry Lady Cerwyn, the way Sigar married Alys Karstack.

I love tormund, by far my fav wildling. Man I hope he last the wow let alone the whole series. He seems honorable and loves his people hard to say if he'll goto hard home is at it's a horrible choice to go and thought it'd be disastrous either way. Those people need to be a sacrifice they can't afford to lose anyone else at this point or so I feel. I feel he'll stay loyal to Jon and if any of the wildlings saw who stabbed Jon they'll have a reckoning coming to them. I feel that (I forget his name) the wildling warg with the boar has an important role in all this somehow. He's there for a reason that's for sure

I don't think Tormund and the wildlings are going to attack Bowen and co. The Watch has the wildling children Jon took as hostages to threaten. Also, I don't think the Wildings are armed right now.

If Jon is out of it for a while, then we might see a new vote for lord commander. It is my guess that someone like Bowen or a returning Thorne will get elected, especially since Eastwatch is now under the command of Ser Glendon Hewett, who was a Slynt supporter.

My guess is Wun Wun will be killed, the Wall's gates will be sealed with ice like Bowen was suggesting, and the Wildlings will either be rounded up in cages or forced back through the Wall before it is sealed. Of course, all of this will backfire and things will inevitably hit the fan. It also assumes Jon is taken out for the time being.

I know this is a little crackpot, but

1) I think Tormund can read.

"If I had me a nice goose quill and a pot o’ maester’s ink, I could write down that me member was long and thick as me arm, wouldn’t make it so."

2) I think the Pink Letter was written by Mance.

There's just too much obsession with the wildling submission ceremony for it to be anyone else.

3) I think there is code in the Pink Letter.

Things like "in seven days" and "false king's queen" have no place in it no matter who the author is. No one battles for seven days. No one cares about the false king's queen (even Stannis).

4) Mance still wants to help save the Wildlings north of the Wall.

5) I think Mance is telling Tormund to meet him at Queensgate in seven days. Queensgate is manned by wildlings. They will try to get the remaining Wildlings through.

6) I think Mance found the Horn of Jorumun

Mance was obsessed with the horn before and was interested in the Winterfell crypts where an old king may have it.

A horn at the Ice front would match the horn at the Fire front.

7) Tormund is the Hornblower.

8) I think Mance and Tormund will attempt to get the remaining wildlings past the Wall with the Horn

9) I think just as Quentyn accidentally let the dragons out. Mance and Tormund will accidentally let the Others in.

See: almost every Jon chapter in ADWD.

:thumbsup:

I sometimes see people mention that the Wildlings won't do anything to stop Marsh & co because their children are hostages, but for this to be a valid point, imo, they'd have to have the children ready with a knife to their throat, at the scene, and I don't think they do?

See: almost every Jon chapter in ADWD.

Jon lied and infiltrated the Wildling ranks and has killed hundreds of Wildlings personally. Jon took Wilding children as hostages, something Tormund called "the blood price." Jon sat by and watched Mel burn his king alive. You think Torumund is that forgiving?

Additionally, that Wall is keeping the other Wildlings from heading south.

Tormund and Mance made it abundantly clear before the battle at the Wall that they are "free" and will never, ever, ever submit to the laws of the Seven Kingdom.

Tormund is playing Jon and the Night's Watch.

I think Jon will become a martyr in the wildling's eyes regardless if he comes back or not. They will finally see what he has done for them and ban together for his sake and the NW. The one's who are against Jon's decisions regarding the wildlings will be few imo and be rooted out.

:thumbsup:

I sometimes see people mention that the Wildlings won't do anything to stop Marsh & co because their children are hostages, but for this to be a valid point, imo, they'd have to have the children ready with a knife to their throat, at the scene, and I don't think they do?

The North and the Battle of Ice mirrors Slaver Bay and the Battle of Fire.

In both situations, our heroes (Jon and Dany) defeated an enemy and decided to rule over them.

In both situations, our heroes took child hostages of a to quell a threat and "married" a former adversary to make peace. Dany to Hizdahr to quell the Harpies, Jon to Tormund and Mance.

In both situations, our heroes were unwilling to kill hostages, giving them no leverage.

And in both situations, everything fell apart and our heroes were exiled.

Tormund is not a friend. He is like Hizdahr.

Haha, Tormund is certainly more bombastic than any of Dany's suitors or appellants but there is no real reason to assume that he is being truthful with Jon, Tormund is only concerned about the wildlings and survival right now. But maybe what Tormund does is what Val wants, I mean, he only came in from the cold when she told him to.

Archived