Two More Trailers

Westeros

Maybe they add the eyes in later when doing CGI, or maybe they even forgot it. If its Coldhands, where are his crows? Where are his black clothes? Why isn't his face covered? Why isn't he riding an elk? What seems more reasonable, its a White Walker with one thing different or its Coldhands with almost everything different? Not trying to be a jerk with the Coldhands stuff but it does come across to me as the height of book-reader delusion.

Did anyone catch this video yet? It covers the fight scenes this season and has some interesting shots / info..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-28xunfJAk0

It looks like Jon is going head-to-head with the Magnar of Thenn during the Battle of Castle Black (apparently the Thenns all fight with some badass axes in the show). Alliser Thorne and Tormund are also going to have a duel. I have no idea how that is going to end but I'm excited for it based on the bits we got of it. We also get glimpses of a messed up looking Hound (possibly his new "death" as the scene at the Inn will now be in S4E01). One thing I'm confused about is a woman that looks for sure to be Ygritte's stunt double is practicing getting hit by one of Stannis' cavalrymen. I am assuming they use the same stunt personnel for general stunts as well as stunt doubling, but if that isn't the case here then I am awfully confused about how this battle and Ygritte's death is going to play out.

Yeah, but that can't be Ygritte. She's fighting in the south side of the Wall. How would she cross it in the middle of the battle? She will probably be hit by arrows just like in the book and die by the middle of the episode.

Maybe they add the eyes in later when doing CGI, or maybe they even forgot it. If its Coldhands, where are his crows? Where are his black clothes? Why isn't his face covered? Why isn't he riding an elk? What seems more reasonable, its a White Walker with one thing different or its Coldhands with almost everything different? Not trying to be a jerk with the Coldhands stuff but it does come across to me as the height of book-reader delusion.

Fair points. Nonetheless out of curiosity I watched every scene where a WW appears in the show and you can always see the blue eyes, if only a faint glow.

At least there are some things where the show can surprise, really looking forward to see what they will make out of this.

I'm pretty sure John Bradley (Sam) confirmed that Coldhands was cut in an interview.

I heard the same. Then I heard about the three-eyed-crow/The Bloodraven. There's even a shot of Bran surrounded with bones and you can see branches in front of him, while he is looking up.

I think Bran should have plenty of material for next season. I've been of the opinion for a while now that Bran is going to be our window into all the prophecies we have missed up until this point. We need to see some of this material eventually and besides one or two isolated exceptions, Bran has been the only characters with visions / dreams so far.

I think Bran will definitely be the one to start clueing in show readers to some important history regarding Lyanna and Jon...also since it's now looking increasingly likely there may be mystical origins to the "There must always be a Stark at Winterfell," card, (like maybe they were necessary either to keep the Wall intact or for some form of alliance with the CotF) that could give us some insight there as well.

Also Bran could start communicating with his other siblings, and that could be important for Arya and Sansa's storyarcs...namely convincing Arya to come home, and maybe influencing Sansa's next move. Especially if Sansa starts warging birds like some have predicted for TWoW...

Did anyone catch this video yet? It covers the fight scenes this season and has some interesting shots / info..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-28xunfJAk0

It looks like Jon is going head-to-head with the Magnar of Thenn during the Battle of Castle Black (apparently the Thenns all fight with some badass axes in the show). Alliser Thorne and Tormund are also going to have a duel. I have no idea how that is going to end but I'm excited for it based on the bits we got of it. We also get glimpses of a messed up looking Hound (possibly his new "death" as the scene at the Inn will now be in S4E01). One thing I'm confused about is a woman that looks for sure to be Ygritte's stunt double is practicing getting hit by one of Stannis' cavalrymen. I am assuming they use the same stunt personnel for general stunts as well as stunt doubling, but if that isn't the case here then I am awfully confused about how this battle and Ygritte's death is going to play out.

ok, I am kind of confused about what Marshall said about the two battles being fought AT THE SAME TIME.. at Castle Black and behind the Wall. Some time passed in books between skirmish at CB and big battle beyond the Wall. Not to mention there was also Jon facing the wildlings from atop of the Wall.

Does that mean they somehow merged all those battles? I am not sure how would that make sense... and where would they put Jon, beyond the Wall or at CB? Hmm...

Ok, apparently I should not have been surprised by this, just read on another thread that this has been known for months and months....

I see no problem with introducing Coldhands in later seasons IF he becomes important in the books and isn't in this season, no matter what Sam's actor said. He can't speak for what will happen years from now. They threw Meera and Jojen in a season late. Why not Coldhands? :dunno: Like many have said it's not like he has really done anything important yet, much like M&J when we meet them in the second book.

I hope I don't seem like I am in denial of him being cut. I'm not, and I honestly don't care about him besides the decrease in Bran's already very small amount of material left. I'm just pointing out that it could still be possible for him to appear.

(I don't know if someone above has mentioned anything like this already, I'm a little too busy to read everything right now :P )

I see no problem with introducing Coldhands in later seasons IF he becomes important in the books and isn't in this season, no matter what Sam's actor said. He can't speak for what will happen years from now. They threw Meera and Jojen in a season late. Why not Coldhands? :dunno: Like many have said it's not like he has really done anything important yet, much like M&J when we meet them in the second book.

I hope I don't seem like I am in denial of him being cut. I'm not, and I honestly don't care about him besides the decrease in Bran's already very small amount of material left. I'm just pointing out that it could still be possible for him to appear.

(I don't know if someone above has mentioned anything like this already, I'm a little too busy to read everything right now :P )

I dunno Obebb... I'm detecting heavy amounts of denial in this post

:P

Spoiler-ish shot of Cersei there…anybody else see the hairline?

Also, Jon fighting Karl is going to be pretty badass from what we've seen.

These videos just give further evidence to my prediction that this is going to be the best season yet.

Same thing I said when I saw it. I would have preferred if they hadn't shown anything with Cersei looking distraught or sad.

I think the writers will likely try to focus on further developing Jojen & Meera, rather than introduce another character into their entourage that - thus far, in the books - hasn't served much of an integral purpose. Coldhands was an easy cut, especially because they chose to have Bloodraven 'interact' with Bran directly prior to actually meeting one another. Why waste time and money on the tour guide when we can instead dedicate those resources to the 'destination' (Leaf & Bloodraven)?

I think the writers will likely try to focus on further developing Jojen & Meera, rather than introduce another character into their entourage that - thus far, in the books - hasn't served much of an integral purpose. Coldhands was an easy cut, especially because they chose to have Bloodraven 'interact' with Bran directly prior to actually meeting one another. Why waste time and money on the tour guide when we can instead dedicate those resources to the 'destination' (Leaf & Bloodraven)?

Good point, and I agree. It's really just the people who were hoping that CH is Benny who are disappointed by his omission. I think he would have visually looked cool (assuming they could pull of the elk thing without strapping antlers to a horse), but I'm not sure he's worth the screen time to introduce.

Good point, and I agree. It's really just the people who were hoping that CH is Benny who are disappointed by his omission. I think he would have visually looked cool (assuming they could pull of the elk thing without strapping antlers to a horse), but I'm not sure he's worth the screen time to introduce.

Well actually I haven't thought CH was Benjen for years, so I wouldn't make such assumptions.

I never understood the theory that Benjen was Coldhands in the first place. There just didn't seem to be any compelling evidence for it. Like, at all.

But I have to imagine that some people are upset/disappointed because it means the character may not play any significant role in The Winds of Winter and/or A Dream of Spring. In essence, it's 'spoiling' the books, to a degree. I wouldn't expect this to be the last piece of adaptation that hints strongly at future developments of the story (such as Melisandre telling Arya that they'll meet again) in the coming season, either.

I think some people have this expectation that literally (or maybe not so literally) every character is going to play some important part in the end game of the story, when I just don't think that could possibly be the case with only two books (supposedly) to go in the series.

It's all well and good cutting characters because they may not be important but a lot of fans like the magical side of the story and to be honest apart from Dany's dragons it kind of takes a back seat in the TV show. It's understandable when things like this get cut and fans get upset and annoyed with the show.

It's all well and good cutting characters because they may not be important but a lot of fans like the magical side of the story and to be honest apart from Dany's dragons it kind of takes a back seat in the TV show. It's understandable when things like this get cut and fans get upset and annoyed with the show.

I would say that Bloodraven is a much more magical and fantastical element in this story than Coldhands is and the show is bringing him into the mix sooner and emphasizing him more at this point so I don't get this complaint at all.

Also:

Warging from Bran/Orell/new Thenn character this year

White Walkers

Mel's visions

Thoros' resurrection powers

Faceless Men

Shadow monster

Warlocks

Dragons

Giants

Leeches/king's blood predicting deaths

Greendreams

Bran's weirwood visions this upcoming season

Lady Stoneheart this upcoming season

There's magic and fantasy aplenty here. Are we simply just complaining about lack of Jon/Arya warging and HOTU visions? That's really all I can think of.

Archived