What are the best/worst House Words?

Fanless Mace

Winter Is Coming is the best. It's ominous, not bragging, pretty catchy, has a few potential meanings.

Family, Duty, Honor is another favorite. It mainly works because the Tullys seem to truly embody it.

I also like Growing Strong. I didn't always like it but I watched one of those house histories video HBO released on the DVD about House Tyrell. The actress who plays Maegery narrated it and it really gave me new perspective on it.

We Do Not Sow is my least favorite, it would probably seem less douchey if I didn't have any insight into Ironborn culture but I do so it amounts to "Instead of being productive members of society we're going to be violent parasites."

"Winter Is Coming" is probably the best. "A Lannister Always Pays His Debts" is good because, while sounding normal, has a meaning behind it.

I still don't get why people really like "We Do Not Sow". Is there a deeper meaning behind it? It pretty much says "We're thieves".

"Hear Me Roar!" and "Growing Strong" suck. Glad that they made fun of the latter in the TV show.

I still don't get why people really like "We Do Not Sow". Is there a deeper meaning behind it? It pretty much says "We're thieves".

Pretty much, a lot house words seem to be boasts or threats, like the Bolton's and the Baratheons, this one is basically bragging about the iron price as if it wasn't just a load of people with no food and failing mines turning to thieves out of desperation.

Best:

• House Mormont: Here We Stand
  • House Martell: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
  • House Velaryon: The Old, the True, the Brave
  • House Oakheart: Our Roots Go Deep

Worst

• House Lannister: Hear me Roar
  • House Tarly: First in the Battle
  • House Stokeworth: Proud to Be Faithful
  • House Swyft: Awake! Awake! (seriously, this one is terrible)

I suppose I see your point. After all, I had a good laugh when Ned lost his head and Jaimie his hand. Oh yeah, fun times.

Well, I did have a good laugh when Jaime called Eddard "Poor Old Dead Ned" in his little chat with Cat. Pretty damn funny, actually.

"Strong as a bull, big as a mountain", my own family words (translated from my native language)! :) The words does not fit me though. I am normal size, and my personal strength is nothing to brag about.

Like it. I'll steal it (pretty much everyone in my family is born a Taurus, actually) but I'm quite small :/

Well, I did have a good laugh when Jaime called Eddard "Poor Old Dead Ned" in his little chat with Cat. Pretty damn funny, actually.

The next is funnier

"Tell me, what's the name of his bastard?"

"Brienne!"

"No, that's not his name".

Like it. I'll steal it (pretty much everyone in my family is born a Taurus, actually) but I'm quite small :/

The next is funnier

"Tell me, what's the name of his bastard?"

"Brienne!"

"No, that's not his name".

YES!! :lmao:

I love the hell out of Ned, but I'm sorry, a funny turn of phrase is a funny turn of phrase. Jaime does have many of those.

ETA: Love your new motto! :thumbsup:

Archived