New TWOW sample chapter - coming soon [CHAPTER NAME SPOILERS]

Sounds like Jon or Arya imo :) although Arya is the most likely given the name of the chapter.

PS: "Mercy" isn't a french girl's name, the only one close to that we have is "Marcy" which has no link to the english word :)

The most fervent question of 2011 ie the publication of ADwD is about Jon's fate, I think.

Could it be...? GRRM had written about the incident years and years prior to working on book 5. It could explain why it's been rewritten a few times.

Seriously, though, no way...

Could it be Sam ? We dont know at all where his story is heading ! I hope it's a Sansa one but I'm not betting on it !

Cat or the Hound (despite the seemingly "no new POV" rule that I never read or heard GRRM mention, btw) would be a nice surprise !

Wouldnt be surprised if it was the Damphair as well, I'm curious to see where his story will go !

This might throw a wrench into things, might it be a new Cat chapter?

It is possible, since technically she wouldn't be a new POV. It would be weird for it to be titled Mercy, since she is considered a main character with the chapters having her name. This is also why I doubt it will be Dany. Why would she suddenly begin to get chapters with titles instead of her name?

Could it be Sam ? We dont know at all where his story is heading ! I hope it's a Sansa one but I'm not betting on it !

Cat or the Hound (despite the seemingly "no new POV" rule that I never read or heard GRRM mention, btw) would be a nice surprise !

Wouldnt be surprised if it was the Damphair as well, I'm curious to see where his story will go !

The 2011 thing added into the OP basically confirms the character appeared in ADWD, so all of those are unlikely.

Regarding the "no new POV" rule, trust me, I've read a quote.

Sounds like Jon or Arya imo :) although Arya is the most likely given the name of the chapter.

PS: "Mercy" isn't a french girl's name, the only one close to that we have is "Marcy" which has no link to the english word :)

My bad it's English

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Mercy

Another name for Mercy by the way is Mercilla, which is pretty close to Myrcella.

The most fervent question of 2011 ie the publication of ADwD is about Jon's fate, I think.

Could it be...? GRRM had written about the incident years and years prior to working on book 5. It could explain why it's been rewritten a few times.

Seriously, though, no way...

Yeah Jon is very unlikely. Maybe reading too much into it, but Ran said "some have been fervent". Quite a few more people than "some" have wanted to find out what will happen to Jon.

According to Ran here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/104993-george-has-released-a-newparagraph/page-16#entry5562289

A question like "Who/what/where is Izembaro", perhaps? Arya does sound like the best bet right now, with "Mercy" being her new FM identity.

Thanks for sharing that tidbit tze!

If it's Arya I think Izembaro is the King of the Mummers

Answering a question we've been asking since 2011? Unlikely.

Would Stoneheart count as a new POV?

Just exploring my options, when it comes to questions, Will Jaime get killed by LSH, where is Arya going, what will happen to Dany, what will happen to Sweet Robin, are the Others coming, will Dany ever get the f### out of Essos, and something about Jon but I forget what it was.

Yeah Jon is very unlikely. Maybe reading too much into it, but Ran said "some have been fervent". Quite a few more people than "some" have wanted to find out what will happen to Jon.

If we pretend like we don't care what happened to Jon maybe he will release it.

Archived