New TWOW sample chapter - coming soon [CHAPTER NAME SPOILERS]

Wish I had only seen this when the sample was actually out. Waiting now without knowing for how long. An hour, a day, a week... it's torture. Any good guesses on how long George will keep us hanging? Have Mercy George.

Probably the week the show starts or this weekend as he said he was posting it for that reason. It's some build up to the thrones machine. The chapter in question is older than any of the other preview chapters from Dance, but that does not mean it was not meant for that book.

Mercy - maybe Sansa deciding to euthanize Robin Arryn? Although not sure why the title of the chapter would be that, when all other chapters have been names of characters.

The question that has been hanging around since 2011 could be the fate of Jojen, so maybe it's a Bran chapter.

My gut says it's Arya, and Mercy is the name and face she is using in the next phase of her Faceless Man training.

"Hiya kids, hiya hiya hiya"

Thinks he is funny does he? I got jokes to big boy. I should be thrilled the code on Not a blog, sniffle. Why George... why?

Kidding Ran, totally rolled my eyes and laughed when I saw that.

Dammit, Onomatopoeic foreshadowing in the blog post? :shocked:

Dammit, Onomatopoeic foreshadowing in the blog post? :shocked:

Yeah right that's what I am totally saying, all this Unomonopoly stuff. Trying to start something, playing games.

It's not a onomatopoeic word though, just the effect I think, they can be a pain in the but with cartoons. Next thing you know he will start using Ideophonic words then where will it end?

Ran, on 25 Mar 2014 - 5:51 PM, said:snapback.png

It answers a question some have been fervent to discover the answer to since 2011. :hat:

At first, with the clue "Mercy" I thought of Arya or the Hound or Brienne or Theon/Asha.

With this clue, my first thought was of Jon, but too spoilerish, right. (Even though I'm REALLY hoping).

Now, I'm thinking it may have to do with the Grand Northern Conspiracy Theory? Something to do with either the pink letter or Robb's will, perhaps? There have been quite a few of us who have been rather fervently theorizing in that section of the story.

Probably Brienne, can't remember off the top of my head, but was it in ADWD or AFFC when Brienne's chapter ends with her saying rope or sword and we were all wondering what that word was...?

Could possibly be Areo Hotah, his chapters are usually pretty badass so that would cool, and from Arianne's sample chapter we know that he is doing something cool, not sure how mercy would tie in though, or why GRRM would have had to write this chapter multiple times...

Ran, on 25 Mar 2014 - 5:51 PM, said:snapback.png

At first, with the clue "Mercy" I thought of Arya or the Hound or Brienne or Theon/Asha.

With this clue, my first thought was of Jon, but too spoilerish, right. (Even though I'm REALLY hoping).

Now, I'm thinking it may have to do with the Grand Northern Conspiracy Theory? Something to do with either the pink letter or Robb's will, perhaps? There have been quite a few of us who have been rather fervently theorizing in that section of the story.

I don't think there is a POV for the GNCT available, and no new POV's. I also don't think Martin has ever heard of it. Ran seems interested as he would be part of the "us" he mentioned, he didn't say fans or people, so it implies it is something he is interested in. Does he follow the thoery?

I don't think there is a POV for the GNCT available, and no new POV's. I also don't think Martin has ever heard of it. Ran seems interested as he would be part of the "us" he mentioned, he didn't say fans or people, so it implies it is something he is interested in. Does he follow the thoery?

Wouldn't need to be. Plenty of characters can witness something related to the GNC or pink letter.

Archived