[TWOW Spoilers] NEW Chapter Discussion - "Mercy"

TeamMartell

Thanks! That totally skipped me at first...so Arya's crossing off names, and Ser Harys's delegation to Braavos may be running into trouble. Plus this delegation may be the impetus to get Arya back home.

Interesting, though they would choose *that* subject matter to entertain a Westerosi delegation...it doesn't reflect well on the Lannister regime to put it kindly, and where would the "murder part" come in?

Ok..amazing chapter. But I have a few questions. Was Arya playing Sansa or Shae? 'Cause it could be either. Is Arya leaving the FM? Surely, that wasn't the contract or training they had planned for her. As others have said, this could be what gets her back to Westeros.

Edit: the "you'll have to carry me" reference was awesome! I didn't catch it's meaning at first.

I don't think Arya is leaving her training. I think she just spotted Raff and thought of a way to kill him quickly, so she did it then ran back to the play to continue on with whatever. I can't imagine that's the end of her FM training. Maybe she'll end up back in KL.

Thanks! That totally skipped me at first...so Arya's crossing off names, and Ser Harys's delegation to Braavos may be running into trouble. Plus this delegation may be the impetus to get Arya back home.

Interesting, though they would choose *that* subject matter to entertain a Westerosi delegation...it doesn't reflect well on the Lannister regime to put it kindly, and where would the "murder part" come in?

It seem to be in awfully bad taste to show a play starring the supposed murderer of the King raping someone.

Even if that passes for entertainment in Braavos, Westerosi nobles with connections to the Lannister family would not be amused by it.

Brilliant stuff, i think my favourite chapter of the series so far.

A few thoughts; a Forel, perhaps a relation of Syrio. I imagine due to the nature of the play he has written, those who believe that Syrio is alive will be stirred up somewhat.

Who is Arya playing in the play? Clearly, the play is supposed to show the death of King Robert and the aftermath. Who could Arya be, that is raped and then murdered? My only thoughts were Elia (a different war) and Lollys (not murdered).

Ser Harys Swyft and his guards: they mention the Queen. They were obviously in the Red Keep when Kevan died, so things didnt completely deteriorate. Cersei is obviously still in some sort of power; unless the "queen" is Marg, but that doesnt seem to fit what Rafford says.

Arya truly is becoming a young Lyanna...and seemingly will be exceptionally beautiful!

Daena; sounds Valyrian.

The Black Pearl rears her head again!

The Sealord must have some connection to the Iron Bank; that was why the Westerosi were going to Braavos in the first place.

Harys Swyft's wife: do we know who she is? I dont recall her being mentioned before now, but it appears she is at King's Landing.

Who was the old guard with Raff? Anyone know?

And finally....Arya is ticking of her list! :commie: :commie: :commie:

Wonderful George. Truly wonderful :bowdown:

I think she is playing Sansa. The events in the play are different: in this play, a simply evil Tyrion actually rapes the innocent pretty Sansa.

Interesting, though they would choose *that* subject matter to entertain a Westerosi delegation...it doesn't reflect well on the Lannister regime to put it kindly

If this is about the reign of Joffrey, I expect Tyrion is the main villain. Maybe the play's version of Sansa is like Anne Neville in Richard III.

This chapter was brilliant. I absolutely freaked out when her name changed back to Arya and when Raff freaked out; it was genious.So it's clear now that she's definitely got the faceless skill but has the ability to change back into herself whenever she wants. Can't wait until the book comes out!

After this sample I sadly feel that Arya will be the one to off king Tommen especially because of Tommen's fondness of cats I think that was a nod to Arya. I think Arya will infiltrate Kings Landing if she leaves Bravos on Ser Harys Swifts boat. So if she does leave on Harys boat and infiltrates Kings Landing she could be a possible candidate for Cersei's Valonqar?

Fantastic. Chills when I read - Think so? asked Arya, sweetly.

I don't think she's leaving the Faceless Men. But she'll be punished for her doing, as before. She'll confess to it.

How I loved the farce! :D to honour the envoy from Westeros :lol:

Archived