Why it is very unlikely Sansa Stark will be Queen of the Seven Kingdoms

TheSnape

It's become quite a popular theory among Game of Thrones fans that Sansa Stark will end up as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. There's little proof that this will happen, save for Littlefinger's involvement, and this is why I think that's quite unrealistic.

-Littlefinger's involvement in her life is purely done for his own benefit. We don't know his plans for Sansa, but making a rough guess, it's something that will actively benefit Littlefinger, and not necessarily something designed to boost Sansa's power.

- Sansa is widely thought to be guilty of Joffrey's murder. Her hairnet being at the scene implicates her in his murder, so everyone thinks that Sansa's a kingslayer (at least partly). It's unlikely that lords would welcome a kingslayer as their Queen. There's a reason she's disguised as Littlefinger's bastard daughter, Alayne Stone

-Unlike most of the other claimants (Dany, Aegon, Stannis etc.) she doesn't have an army or have Lords sworn to her. Say what you want about Dany and Stannis, but they have armies at this stage that are already sworn to them, and Stannis now has the allegiance of the North as well. Aegon doesn't have an army as of yet, but Varys and Ilyrio are trying to put him on the throne- and they're the kind of guys who MAKE armies, as soon the flip-flopping Lannisters, Tyrells, Tarlys etc. will all flock to them - maybe of questionable loyalty, but huge armies. Sansa doesn't even have anyone to declare her as Queen, so she is quite far behind. She doesn't really command any armies.

I think the biggest reason is the one that you don't mention -- Sansa doesn't seem to want to be queen. Why would she? The Red Keep has brought her nothing but loneliness and despair, and her trip there is inextricably linked with the bloody deaths of her family and friends and the ruin of her House. Not only that, Sansa has not known a king to die a natural death. Aerys butchered by Rhaegar, Robert gored to death by a bull, Joffrey poisoned at a wedding feast... and if she takes the Throne it will probably be after the deaths of Tommen and likely more claimants as well. There is nothing that should attract her to the Iron Throne and many, many things that would repulse her.

To me that's actually the biggest piece. LF could probably throw together some kind of conspiracy to put her on the Throne, but if she doesn't want it then the game is over.

I think the reason why some people, not me btw, believe Sansa will be queen of the seven kingdoms is because some believe she is the westeros equivalence of Elizabeth of York who married some Lancaster dude.

Doesn't add up. Elizabeth had a claim of her own stronger than her husband's who won Bosworth. Sansa has no claim. Dany is more like Elizabeth if she marries Aegon Blackfyre.

Doesn't add up. Elizabeth had a claim of her own stronger than her husband's who won Bosworth. Sansa has no claim. Dany is more like Elizabeth if she marries Aegon Blackfyre.

*shrugs* don't really care if Sansa or Dany is similar to Elizabeth of York doesn't really interest me ^_^

I think the biggest reason is the one that you don't mention -- Sansa doesn't seem to want to be queen. Why would she? The Red Keep has brought her nothing but loneliness and despair, and her trip there is inextricably linked with the bloody deaths of her family and friends and the ruin of her House. Not only that, Sansa has not known a king to die a natural death. Aerys butchered by Rhaegar, Robert gored to death by a bull, Joffrey poisoned at a wedding feast... and if she takes the Throne it will probably be after the deaths of Tommen and likely more claimants as well. There is nothing that should attract her to the Iron Throne and many, many things that would repulse her.

To me that's actually the biggest piece. LF could probably throw together some kind of conspiracy to put her on the Throne, but if she doesn't want it then the game is over.

:agree:

Being Queen isn't what Sansa wants...but there may be other forces that want it for her...LF I think wants to rule the Seven Kingdoms through a puppet King and Queen with Sansa in mind for the job...and other contenders for the throne, might see her as a good way to build alliances throughout Westeros.

Just out of curiosity TheSnape...who do you think will ultimately be Queen?

:agree:

Being Queen isn't what Sansa wants...but there may be other forces that want it for her...LF I think wants to rule the Seven Kingdoms through a puppet King and Queen with Sansa in mind for the job...and other contenders for the throne, might see her as a good way to build alliances throughout Westeros.

Just out of curiosity TheSnape...who do you think will ultimately be Queen?

No idea

Logically, I think it may be Dany, although most of me hopes Tyrion gets it.

No idea

seriously, jump on board the "king's landing gets destroyed and burned to the ground, and there will be NO more iron throne" train.

think of it, daenerys arrives, wreaks havoc, her dragons ignite the hidden caches of wildfire that aerys had hidden all over the city.

king's landing, red keep, and the iron throne gets left in cinders.

the result?

the seven kingdoms become that, the seven kingdoms, ruled independently. sansa and hardyng rule winterfell (really baelish), tyrion can finally get casterly rock as the sole living lannister heir (jaime is his hand because by this point jaime is SO noble he would never want the burden of ruling).

and so on and so forth.

No idea

I don't think it will be Dany either. I think that GRRM said that someone unusual would end up on the Iron Throne, but we would be glad of in the end. So all the popular candidates are out of the question. Besides I think that Dany will die as a Martyr to save Westeros from the Others. I mean the girl has a severe case of savior complex.

I don't think it will be Dany either. I think that GRRM said that someone unusual would end up on the Iron Throne, but we would be glad of in the end. So all the popular candidates are out of the question. Besides I think that Dany will die as a Martyr to save Westeros from the Others. I mean the girl has a severe case of savior complex.

savior/messiah complex, agreed.

someone unusual.. hm.. but believably able to sit.

Barristan would be an amazing ruler if he survives the oncoming.

savior/messiah complex, agreed.

someone unusual.. hm.. but believably able to sit.

Barristan would be an amazing ruler if he survives the oncoming.

TBH that comment of grrm made me kind of worry that Sansa does end up in King's Landing. I mean she did have a dream in AGOT that she would be queen consort of the seven kingdoms. I sincerely hope it's a silly dream and won't happen :(. What I hope for is that the Iron throne will be destroyed and the Seven Kingdoms will be independent once again.

Archived