Why it is very unlikely Sansa Stark will be Queen of the Seven Kingdoms

TheSnape

I don't think it will be Dany either. I think that GRRM said that someone unusual would end up on the Iron Throne, but we would be glad of in the end. So all the popular candidates are out of the question. Besides I think that Dany will die as a Martyr to save Westeros from the Others. I mean the girl has a severe case of savior complex.

Gendry is unusual enough. :)

ASOIAf seems to be a warning: Be Careful What You Wish For. Jon wanted to go to the Wall where he felt he might be an equal, start a new family, and grow...so he was stuck by his vows to stay stuck at the Wall while his Stark family is killed, presumed dead, or missing. Arya didn't want to marry or be a lady, instead she wanted grand adventures...and we see the horrible adventures she has gone on. The point is, I don't think the characters will end up where they started in the books (ie go full circle), instead have a deeper appreciation of what they have/had. Sansa wanted to be queen so much so that she lied about the Butcher's boy and told Cersei about her father's supposedly secret plans to leave Kingslanding. Yet by the time Joffrey says he will marry Margery, Sansa's relief is palpable, and at the moment actual seems to enjoy being a high status bastard and feeling more courageous because of it. So I really doubt Sansa will become queen in the end.

Nooo! R+L=J was the 1st theory I ever had (I puzzled it together on my own through the books, and then I was so excited when I finished to find a forum and post my idea to the world but alas, everyone else put it together too haha). It's really the only theory I hold near and dear to my heart...

there's got to be a twist somewhere. george has to be reading all these theories, with a bucket of kfc, and mashed potatoes with extra gravy.

"oooh, that sounds good. OH I LIKE THAT!"

the thing is, forums like this write his book for him haha. while he knows how his story will go, when a theory is SO well outlined by us, there would be nothing better than for george to give us something different and jaw-dropping.

think about it, between dance of dragons and now, there's very little on a first read through that is predictable. jon being a targ is so well known and believed, i have to think george would do something else entirely.

dont get me wrong, i buy the whole jon targaryen thing too, i didnt see it until i read all the outlined theories and thought to myself, yeah thats plausible.

Blazfemur - I remember watching an interview on YouTube about that. GRRM said he avoids forums. He said that at one time he tried reading the forums and it didn't go well. I think he said something along the lines of "Ooh, that's better than what I came up with. Maybe I should borrow their idea." and, "Uh-oh, they figured it out, maybe I should change that." So that was the reason why he doesn't read what fans say, because he might be tempted to go off-course.

:P

As for Sansa, Winterfell maybe. I don't think Bran is coming back, and even if he could, he can no longer bear children, so that leaves little Rickon. He is too young to rule. I can see Sansa ruling Winterfell until Rickon comes of age. And Sansa IS getting a crash course in child care.

While I don't think it's that likely, Aegon's best decision would be to marry Sansa. She's niece of the rightful lord of Riverrun, sister of the rightful lord of Winterfell, and cousin of the current lord of the Eyrie. If Aegon helps Edmure and Rickon reclaim their birthright, provided they support his claim in return, he could get the support of the North, Riverlands and the fresh armies of the Vale.

So I guess if this happens Sansa would be Queen of the 7K, for a while at least

Blazfemur - I remember watching an interview on YouTube about that. GRRM said he avoids forums. He said that at one time he tried reading the forums and it didn't go well. I think he said something along the lines of "Ooh, that's better than what I came up with. Maybe I should borrow their idea." and, "Uh-oh, they figured it out, maybe I should change that." So that was the reason why he doesn't read what fans say, because he might be tempted to go off-course.

:P

As for Sansa, Winterfell maybe. I don't think Bran is coming back, and even if he could, he can no longer bear children, so that leaves little Rickon. He is too young to rule. I can see Sansa ruling Winterfell until Rickon comes of age. And Sansa IS getting a crash course in child care.

Do you know what Season it is in the North? What part of that Season makes you think Sansa is going to be doing anything there in the next decade?

Darksnider05 - I don't understand your question. The next book is called Winds of Winter...soo...

But to say that she is going to just sit for years? So GRRM is doing all this foreshadowing and character development just to have her sit on her bum for a few years? Also, why do you think Littlefinger framed Sansa with that hairnet? It was so that she had no other choice but to run, right into his trap. He is using her, and as far as eveyone knows, she is the next heir, not the false "Arya." Not to mention that she is still married to Tyrion Lannister, who is the next heir to Casterly Rock. There are a lot of different ways her story can go. But I'm sorry, I don't agree that GRRM would spend all those books, all those chapters, building up her character only to let her sit on her rear through the winter. The education she is getting by Littlefinger, as well as his plots, and that she is learning what a monster he is, it's all leading up to something.

"She wondered where this courage had come from, to speak to him so frankly. From Winterfell, she thought. I am stronger within the walls of Winterfell."

"Soon her gloves and her boots were crusty white, her hands were tingling, and her feet were soaked and cold, but she did not care. The castle was all that mattered."

"And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow.”

"The sky cells on the lower levels made the castle look something like a honeycomb from below. A honeycomb made of ice, Alayne thought, a castle made of snow."

While I don't think it's that likely, Aegon's best decision would be to marry Sansa. She's niece of the rightful lord of Riverrun, sister of the rightful lord of Winterfell, and cousin of the current lord of the Eyrie. If Aegon helps Edmure and Rickon reclaim their birthright, provided they support his claim in return, he could get the support of the North, Riverlands and the fresh armies of the Vale.

So I guess if this happens Sansa would be Queen of the 7K, for a while at least

thats a lot of "If" =/

It's become quite a popular theory among Game of Thrones fans that Sansa Stark will end up as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. There's little proof that this will happen, save for Littlefinger's involvement, and this is why I think that's quite unrealistic.

-Littlefinger's involvement in her life is purely done for his own benefit. We don't know his plans for Sansa, but making a rough guess, it's something that will actively benefit Littlefinger, and not necessarily something designed to boost Sansa's power.

- Sansa is widely thought to be guilty of Joffrey's murder. Her hairnet being at the scene implicates her in his murder, so everyone thinks that Sansa's a kingslayer (at least partly). It's unlikely that lords would welcome a kingslayer as their Queen. There's a reason she's disguised as Littlefinger's bastard daughter, Alayne Stone

-Unlike most of the other claimants (Dany, Aegon, Stannis etc.) she doesn't have an army or have Lords sworn to her. Say what you want about Dany and Stannis, but they have armies at this stage that are already sworn to them, and Stannis now has the allegiance of the North as well. Aegon doesn't have an army as of yet, but Varys and Ilyrio are trying to put him on the throne- and they're the kind of guys who MAKE armies, as soon the flip-flopping Lannisters, Tyrells, Tarlys etc. will all flock to them - maybe of questionable loyalty, but huge armies. Sansa doesn't even have anyone to declare her as Queen, so she is quite far behind. She doesn't really command any armies.

Sansa has the hairnet, she put it in her cloak, she was told to change her clothes which would of had her leaving the net as proof of her involvement but it's not there and LF doesn't know she has it with her AKA a smoking gun.

With this being said Sansa doesn't want to be Queen but it just may fall to her or another Stark to take it up as a duty, I think she may be an envoy or ambassador for her house or the north.

She is implicated just by the fact she ran away, which was LF plan.

Sansa has the hairnet, she put it in her cloak, she was told to change her clothes which would of had her leaving the net as proof of her involvement but it's not there and LF doesn't know she has it with her AKA a smoking gun.

With this being said Sansa doesn't want to be Queen but it just may fall to her or another Stark to take it up as a duty, I think she may be an envoy or ambassador for her house or the north.

She is implicated just by the fact she ran away, which was LF plan.

There is 50/50 chance of Sansa ending up as Queen in the North. It will most likely fall down to her or Rickon. If that doesn't happens I could see Sansa being the Queen of Thorns type to the North and political adviser/diplomat to the North when it comes to dealing with the South. God knows that Starks needs someone in the family who is political acumen.

There is 50/50 chance of Sansa ending up as Queen in the North. It will most likely fall down to her or Rickon. If that doesn't happens I could see Sansa being the Queen of Thorns type to the North and political adviser/diplomat to the North when it comes to dealing with the South. God knows that Starks needs someone in the family who is political acumen.

:agree: but sorta sad.

May it be like Tyrions mushrooms! May it be like Tyrion's mushrooms! :commie:

ETA: :commie: :commie: :commie: :commie: :commie:

All Hail Sansa, First of Her name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Princess of Dragonflies, the Stone Dragoness, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and King Gendry, Protector of the Realm.

All Hail Sansa, First of Her name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Princess of Dragonflies, the Stone Dragoness, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and King Gendry, Protector of the Realm.

I hope it's Ned Dayne to be honest.

that makes 3 of us in 3 consecutive comments.

iron throne destroyed confirmed.

I think it's destroyed but by Cersei with the caches of wild fire around KL

Danny arrives just as the winter comes South.

I think the biggest reason is the one that you don't mention -- Sansa doesn't seem to want to be queen. Why would she? The Red Keep has brought her nothing but loneliness and despair, and her trip there is inextricably linked with the bloody deaths of her family and friends and the ruin of her House. Not only that, Sansa has not known a king to die a natural death. Aerys butchered by Rhaegar, Robert gored to death by a bull, Joffrey poisoned at a wedding feast... and if she takes the Throne it will probably be after the deaths of Tommen and likely more claimants as well. There is nothing that should attract her to the Iron Throne and many, many things that would repulse her.

To me that's actually the biggest piece. LF could probably throw together some kind of conspiracy to put her on the Throne, but if she doesn't want it then the game is over.

Aerys butchered by Rhaegar... what am I missing?

I feel I must quibble with the OP a little. She is one marriage away from being Lady of the Vale, assuming SR kicks the bucket, and the Vale has a largeish untouched army. And she may win Northern allegiance if Davos' quest for Rickpn goes pear shaped. She has the potential to be a serious contender, especially if she knocks LF out of the picture *graduation*. Also I count the GC as an army, so Aegon has an army. 10000 is not huge, but not small fry either.

Nope... This is my ideal title for her:

All Hail to Princess Sansa of House Stark, Princess in the North, Lady of Winterfell, Riverrun, Harrenhal and Eyrie, Lady Protector of Vale of Arryn and Lady Paramount of Riverlands...

But, TBH, I see her playing some part in future books, but I am not obsessed by her becoming the Queen of any sort (although some sort of Ptolemaic governance of the Kingdom of the North would be awesome). It is, as Florina pointed out, a bit in contrition with how she feels.

Archived