Why it is very unlikely Sansa Stark will be Queen of the Seven Kingdoms

TheSnape

I don't think it will be Dany either. I think that GRRM said that someone unusual would end up on the Iron Throne, but we would be glad of in the end. So all the popular candidates are out of the question. Besides I think that Dany will die as a Martyr to save Westeros from the Others. I mean the girl has a severe case of savior complex.

I don't think the others are evil, a recent interview of D and D hints at there not being good vs evil Armageddon type of things in this series.

A better word to use for the others are that they are polar opposite of dragons.

Let's not forget that Sansa is married to Tyrion. I know widowhood: there won't be much time for a new story development since Tyrion would not die before the very end of the story.....I know, that crazy lawyer joke of annullment.........possible. Just as much as Sansa being out of the equation in the end.

But she cannot be Queen on her own right. So whose queen could she be?

Tyrion's. But the IT is the last thing I should wish to a character I like. So Tyrion should better be happy elsewhere = Sansa won't be his queen.

Gendry, the proverbial blacksmith Jaime promised her. Possible.

Edric. Possible.

Aegon. Possible for a brief moment. There will be many who will sit the IT before the end. And Aegon may be king until he is unveiled as fake. Yet Sansa may love her beautiful fakeprince and go down with him or follow the devastated and depressed boy into exile and a quiet life. A happy ending for her.

Meaning any speculation for Sansa to be queen is linked with some shipping her around, once again as fandom bicycle, ridden by everyone. Yawn.

And that shiny title Queen in the North only works over at least Rickon's corpse, apart from that this title is of no bigger value than Lady of Whatever, it only sounds more fancy.

Let's not forget that Sansa is married to Tyrion. I know widowhood: there won't be much time for a new story development since Tyrion would not die before the very end of the story.....I know, that crazy lawyer joke of annullment.........possible. Just as much as Sansa being out of the equation in the end.

Tyrion's. But the IT is the last thing I should wish to a character I like. So Tyrion should better be happy elsewhere = Sansa won't be his queen.

Edric. Possible.

Aegon. Possible for a brief moment. There will be many who will sit the IT before the end. And Aegon may be king until he is unveiled as fake. Yet Sansa may love her beautiful fakeprince and go down with him or follow the devastated and depressed boy into exile and a quiet life. A happy ending for her.

Meaning any speculation for Sansa to be queen is linked with some shipping her around, once again as fandom bicycle, ridden by everyone. Yawn.

And that shiny title Queen in the North only works over at least Rickon's corpse, apart from that this title is of no bigger value than Lady of Whatever, it only sounds more fancy.

The Starks have a claim to the IT referenced multiple times in GoT. Bran stays in cave or dies, Rickon has a strong aversion to the south so would stay Lord of Winterfell by choice, leaving IT for Sansa. Or Rickon dies too anyways

Every Great House somehow somewhere has a claim to the IT

And why do people want Rickon to die for Sansa's sake?

I just gave you a reason he doesn't need to die.

But there is more reason to think Sansa would rule anything than Rickon would.

When have I ever stated I wanted Rickon dead? Please direct me to where I said that I want Rickon to die in order for Sansa to be Queen. You seem to forget this is a novel. If GRRM intends Sansa to be queen in the North then he will make her queen in the north without Rickon dying. Frankly I am getting fed up with people telling me I want Rickon or Bran dead so Sansa will be queen. Stop putting words in my mouth. If this book series is going to follow any sense of narrative then Sansa will be the most politically active Stark kid. So yes it is plausible that Sansa can be queen in the North.

And if Martin wants Sansa to become a septa she will be a septa and if the author wants her to become a brothel's madam she will be just that.

Of course Martin will make everything happen the way he wants it and not the way you or I want it.

Only we have no idea what he wants - fortunately, otherwise it would be boring :D

And if Martin wants Sansa to become a septa she will be a septa and if the author wants her to become a brothel's madam she will be just that.

Of course Martin will make everything happen the way he wants it and not the way you or I want it.

Only we have no idea what he wants - fortunately, otherwise it would be boring :D

You are right. We don't know what grrm will do next. However what we do have to accept is that it is plausible that Sansa becomes queen in the north.

@Sun Of Dorne

I have to have the last word, sorry and then I'll go to hear the Berlin Philhamonics tonight, soo great.

Of course I have to accept that it is possible. Frankly, I do not care but I care about Rickon, I love the remote hints we get about that wild child. But Sansa's fate is so very open that about ten different fates for her are within the range of very much possible.

@Sun Of Dorne

I have to have the last word, sorry and then I'll go to hear the Berlin Philhamonics tonight, soo great.

Of course I have to accept that it is possible. Frankly, I do not care but I care about Rickon, I love the remote hints we get about that wild child. But Sansa's fate is so very open that about ten different fates for her are within the range of very much possible.

Well we have to wait and see. Enjoy yourself tonight.

You are right. We don't know what grrm will do next. However what we do have to accept is that it is plausible that Sansa becomes queen in the north.

Only if Rickon dies. Otherwise you are storing up problems for the future. Rickon's son claiming over Sansa's and rightly so, she would be usurping not only his inheritance but that of his descendants. So its plausible but not really desirable for Stark fans.

Edric. Possible.

He also promised her Hot Pie, the fat faced inkeep!

That line was a bit of double bluff. Jaimie is talking about Arya's path and how he thinks it would be better. As we see in the story, its probably worse. Things are never as simple as Jaimie thinks they are. It says a bit about him too, that he thinks life as a nobody would be great but its far from it.

LF and Aegon are at their greatest worth plot points, Aegon for Dany and LF for Sansa, each have their roles to perform for the greater characters. Tyrion, Dany, Jon and Sansa herself are the claimants for whose arcs the story has been set up.

Armies, allegiances and fortunes will come and go. The crown will change heads and up in seemingly unlikely places, as was the case in the wars of the roses and TPATQ.

She'll be queen and she's already married to who she will make king. Her character arc leads back to KL. It was in KL the Starks were betrayed and destroyed, naive and out of their depth as politicians and schemers, and where Sansa was used and made a victim.

Where she was once a lamb, Sansa will return to KL a wolf.

LF and Aegon are at their greatest worth plot points, Aegon for Dany and LF for Sansa, each have their roles to perform for the greater characters. Tyrion, Dany, Jon and Sansa herself are the claimants for whose arcs the story has been set up.

Armies, allegiances and fortunes will come and go. The crown will change heads and up in seemingly unlikely places, as was the case in the wars of the roses and TPATQ.

She'll be queen and she's already married to who she will make king. Her character arc leads back to KL. It was in KL the Starks were betrayed and destroyed, naive and out of their depth as politicians and schemers, and where Sansa was used and made a victim.

Where she was once a lamb, Sansa will return to KL a wolf.

How is Sansa a claimant. It seems Neds claim was by battle. He reached the throne first. Her training under littlefinger is no different from Bran and Bloodraven or Arya and the Kindly Man.Another strike against her is that she was created to bring tension to the Stark household suggesting her final place isnt instrumental.

How is Sansa a claimant. It seems Neds claim was by battle. He reached the throne first. Her training under littlefinger is no different from Bran and Bloodraven or Arya and the Kindly Man.Another strike against her is that she was created to bring tension to the Stark husehold suggesting her final place isnt instrumental.

Only in the sense that she will seek and succeed in claiming it. She was created so that we may revel in seeing the game played right and the antagonist players beaten at their own game by a sympathetic character we can cheer for.

Where in God's name has this come from? I mean, I am one of the biggest Sansa's fan out there and even I would never even dare to think that Sansa's ascension to the power needs to have Rickon dead. I mean, I love poor child and I would never support a theory in which he is dying and Sansa coming to become Queen in the North. That's just... bad and wrong... And so much Sansa-unlike...

Where in God's name has this come from? I mean, I am one of the biggest Sansa's fan out there and even I would never even dare to think that Sansa's ascension to the power needs to have Rickon dead. I mean, I love poor child and I would never support a theory in which he is dying and Sansa coming to become Queen in the North. That's just... bad and wrong... And so much Sansa-unlike...

It is simply a strawman statement that is usually thrown out when Sansa as queen in the north theory is raised up. It is something that should be ignored.

It is simply a strawman statement that is usually thrown out when Sansa as queen in the north theory is raised up. It is something that should be ignored.

I've seen 2-3 posts on tumblr that say that Sansa should usurp power no matter laws of succession and kill anybody who opposes her, but that is 1) tumblr, not westeros.org 2) one or two people.

So, yes, it is a strawman, nobody here has said it.

Archived