How do i find or read sample chapters?

Annara Snow

As for Victarion capter, the reading of it can be found here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJblxV3QHQ
Note: I only place the link because video is on an official channel of conference organizer on YouTube, so I assume its considered officially released. If it isn't however I would appreciate if mods only delete my post and NOT ban me - it is in god faith

Edited by Syrio the Dancer

That is where I have been getting my Chapter readings and GRRM Official site. However, My Youtube has been acting up lately. Stating that I have no Flash Player or need to install 1. Some Videos play & others don't. 1st it started with my computer at work & now my kindle. Have to try my home computer( which I rarely us now because of my new Kindle & Phone Samsung G). Is anyone else having issues with YT?

It is possible to install the app even if u don't live in the US. I have an android phone so I don't know if it possible on iphones but you need to download a VPN app from the play store, I use hotspot shield VPN. Run the app and set your virtual location to united states. Now go to GRRMs website and follow the links to the app and it will instal no problem! You can then run the app normally, you don't need run the VPN every time u go on the app. Hope I've helped some off you, enjoy!

I don't think anyone's linked to the new Arya.

Oh, I read it last week and didn't even think of posting the link. Thanks for thinking of it!

I thought it was really good, right up until the end where she

kind of tried to replicate what she did back at the inn with the Mountain. I mean she doesn't need to say "is there something wrong with your legs; do I need to carry you" to every scum from Harrenhal she kills, does she?

• 2 weeks later...

There are summaries for all of them on the Wiki I believe. Tyrion chapter from the App is certainly there, as is Arriane and Theon. The Mercy chapter is still on GRRMs website as far as I know. There are Youtube videos of him reading the Victarion chapter. I believe Rhaenys_Targaryen was also doing the Barristan summaries for the wiki

I thought it was really good, right up until the end where she

kind of tried to replicate what she did back at the inn with the Mountain. I mean she doesn't need to say "is there something wrong with your legs; do I need to carry you" to every scum from Harrenhal she kills, does she?

According to the show, Polliver says those words to Lommy and she repeats it before killing him

According to the books, Raff the sweetling is the one who says those words to Lommy and so she repeats it before killing him

According to the show, Polliver says those words to Lommy and she repeats it before killing him

According to the books, Raff the sweetling is the one who says those words to Lommy and so she repeats it before killing him

Indeed. Her response in that chapter is consistent with the events of the books.

Indeed. Her response in that chapter is consistent with the events of the books.

Oh, excellent! Thanks for the correction!

• 4 weeks later...

Any word on any new chapter that will be made available during the summer?

It doesn't seem likely we'll be seeing more. GRRM said that he's probably at the limit for samples for TWOW. I can't find the exact quote again but it was in an interview from earlier this year I believe.

That doesn't mean there aren't other samples planned, though. I don't think anything was set in stone.

Edited by Caerl Targaryen

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like there are 6 but only 5 have been available in their entirety as far as I know.

- Theon

- Mercy

- Arianne

- Ser Barristan

- Tyrion

Part of a Victarion chapter was read by GRRM at the end of a TIFF Bell Lightbox interview. That interview should still be available on YouTube. He reads the chapter at the end.

Supposedly 2 other Tyrion chapters were read at conventions. I'm unsure if they were unique chapters or if they were the same chapter released in the A World of Ice and Fire app. I haven't been able to find a reliable source to refute or confirm that.

Edited by Caerl Targaryen

It looks like there are 6 but only 5 have been available in their entirety as far as I know.

- Theon

- Mercy

- Arianne

- Ser Barristan

- Tyrion

Part of a Victarion chapter was read by GRRM at the end of a TIFF Bell Lightbox interview. That interview should still be available on YouTube. He reads the chapter at the end.

Supposedly 2 other Tyrion chapters were read at conventions. I'm unsure if they were unique chapters or if they were the same chapter released in the A World of Ice and Fire app. I haven't been able to find a reliable source to refute or confirm that.

If you want to read the old ones on GRRM's website (they are replaced when a new one comes out) try this. Just paste the URL of the sample page from George's website and then select a date and boom, cached web pages.

Theon I

Arianne I

Arianne II (read, not published)

Barristan I (read, not published)

Victarion I (read, but transcribed)

Tyrion I (read, not published)

Barristan II (read, not published)

Tyrion II (app)

Mercy

Theon I

Arianne I

Arianne II (read, not published)

Barristan I (read, not published)

Victarion I (read, but transcribed)

Tyrion I (read, not published)

Barristan II (read, not published)

Tyrion II (app)

Mercy

One of those Barristan chapters (Barristan I, I think) was published in the paperback edition of ADWD. It's also in the Kindle Edition.

• 1 month later...

It doesn't seem likely we'll be seeing more. GRRM said that he's probably at the limit for samples for TWOW. I can't find the exact quote again but it was in an interview from earlier this year I believe.

That doesn't mean there aren't other samples planned, though. I don't think anything was set in stone.

See I have mixed feelings about this. It is a cool thing to be able to read a chapter from one of the books, but if he starts pouring samples out we will have half the book read before WoW is actually published. Then we will have to wait even longer for the final book ;).