What if?

The-Targaryen-Dog

What if Rhaegar, instead of messing around with prophecy's had took the Iron Throne from his insane father?

Actually think he was in the middle of this process, would explain why three Kingsguard, three of the best where in Dorne instead of at the Kings side.

Well, it would be a completely different story then..... It's impossible to make rational predictions.

Hell, what if I would have gotten out of bed an hour earlier yesterday morning... for all I know I could have been dead by now....

What if Robb had married Margaery?

Ok, this easily deserves its own thread, but I'll bite:

(I'm assuming we're talking after Renly's death, not at the beginning of the series)

Stannis takes KL and kills Tyrion, Cersei, Joffrey, etc. Sansa either dies or becomes a hostage of Stannis. Ditto Tywin, though he'd be caught by Robb's team. Jaime likely dies too.The city would still be a mess of famine and riots because the Tyrells would keep the roseroad closed. Sandor takes Arya to the Twins. No RW happens, so Edmure marries Roslin and Arya marries Elmar or whatever his name is.

Robb kicks the Ironborn off the North, kills Theon and Ramsey, defeats Mance and retrieves Rickon. Meanwhile, Edmure and the Tyrell army defeat the Lannister remnants in the Riverlands and start going westward, conquering the Westerlands in name of King Robb.

Depending how dire his situation is (and if he has Sansa as hostage), Stannis may or may not try to fight Robb. I could see most of his advisors urging him to accept a peace if things are too messy in KL.

Euron attacks the Reach, but the Redwyne fleet is free to fight him head-on and Robb/the Tyrells could also have Lannisport by this point, so the Ironborn wouldn't be that much of a threat.

Littlefinger would presumably be in some place like Bitterbridge, after negotiating a failed alliance with Mace. So I guess he gets caught and let's say he gets tortured to see where he keeps the gold and then killed. Regardless, his match with Lysa would be a no-go, so the Vale remains neutral.

Dorne is a wildcard. Stannis could offer to marry Shireen to Trystane, maybe, but Robb's team would have better things to offer, like lands in the West, Willas, or Sansa, if she gets returned to them in one piece. I think Sansa-Quentyn would have been an awesome match.

Also, with Tyrion dead, Aegon goes to Meereen. With some luck he gets killed by the Stone Men (with no Tyrion to save him), but if not he probably still dies in Slaver's Bay, killed by the pale mare or the slavers. And with no Tyrion and Jorah to

give Brown Ben the idea to switch sides again

maybe the battle goes bad for Dany too and she dies.

In that case, I see Robb being King of the North, West, Riverlands and Reach, maybe even the Iron Islands too. If Stannis accepts that, he ends up as King of the Stormlands, Crownlands, Vale and maybe Dorne.

What if ...

Dany had decided NOT to get the blood magic done for Khal Drogo and thus her son (probably) would have been born fine. She probably would have remained with the khalasar, probably eventually remarried. Some Central Asian tribes that the Dothraki are modeled on, it was the duty of the brother or other close male relatives to take widows of their make kin as their wives. Dany probably would have eventually remarried, given birth to Rhaego. But her journey to Westeros would have depended on the new khal.

Probably no adventures in Astapor or Meereen, which may be a good thing

What if ...

Dany had decided NOT to get the blood magic done for Khal Drogo and thus her son (probably) would have been born fine. She probably would have remained with the khalasar, probably eventually remarried. Some Central Asian tribes that the Dothraki are modeled on, it was the duty of the brother or other close male relatives to take widows of their make kin as their wives. Dany probably would have eventually remarried, given birth to Rhaego. But her journey to Westeros would have depended on the new khal.

Probably no adventures in Astapor or Meereen, which may be a good thing

She would became a crone and the other new Khals would have smashed Rhaego's head to the floor.

Stannis would have killed him .

Jon would have killed Stannis.

Castle Black would have fallen from the south, the Free Folk pour in and fight Stannis, who doesn't have siege equipment nor too many men, from the Wall.

Maybe Jon, with Mance's approval, would then try to raise the mountain clans to wrestle Winterfell from the Boltons in Sansa's name. But it's tricky as he's now known as a turncloak. Maybe he can justify it claiming the Watch turned their cloaks by protecting Craster, but who's buying that?

Jon would have killed Stannis.

Castle Black would have fallen from the south, the Free Folk pour in and fight Stannis, who doesn't have siege equipment nor too many men, from the Wall.

Maybe Jon, with Mance's approval, would then try to raise the mountain clans to wrestle Winterfell from the Boltons in Sansa's name. But it's tricky as he's now known as a turncloak. Maybe he can justify it claiming the Watch turned their cloaks by protecting Craster, but who's buying that?

Are you joking? The wildlings are the enemies to the northerners, they rape their women and steal their crap. Do you think they would side with them after they attacked CB? As to Stannis, why would he need siege weapons? He can just meet the free folk south ,CB has no walls and he has the element of surprise, as well as East watch on his side. The same reaction just one dead Jon Snow. Seriously, this just giving Stannis more hero points.

I still believe that if Joanna survived childbirth, complete ASOIAF would have been different...

And that would also affect RR, which would affect Wo5K etc, etc... Completely different universe

And Tyrion had to ruin that! Bloody Imp :P

What if Jorah sold Longclaw to the Lannisters in order to provide a lavish lifestyle for his wife?

His family would hate him forever giving up their rare, priceless sword for a woman. Mormonts of the future will call him Jorah the Sell-out. The Lannisters would over the moon though. And Tywin would give Longclaw to Jaime.

What if king bob was sober and Ned the drunk womanizer?

Catelyn would've murdered him. Also, we the fans wouldn't be nearly as big Stark fans.

In terms of impact on the world, Ned would've never come south as Hand because Sober Bob wouldn't need his help and wouldn't want it even if he did need it. So Wot5Ks never starts. Heck, if Bob had been sober, Cersei wouldn't have minded being married to him so much and might've actually borne him trueborn kids.

Archived