Small Questions v 10027

Stubby

Any guesses as to how important that horn will end up being? :P

If you think it's the winter-horn-that-will-bring-down-the-wall or whatever it's name, yes, it's important.

If you follow the Ragnarok theory, very important.

If it's only a horn that Sam happens to carry the whole saga and never uses, extremely important.

If you think it's the winter-horn-that-will-bring-down-the-wall or whatever it's name, yes, it's important.

If you follow the Ragnarok theory, very important.

If it's only a horn that Sam happens to carry the whole saga and never uses, extremely important.

wait, what's the "Ragnarok" theory? (I've already read about it in another thread). There is any link?

Any guesses as to how important that horn will end up being? :P

I figure it has to be fairly important:

SSM

I think the broken horn that Ghost found with all the obsidian is the real horn of winter. It hasn't been mentioned yet though. Any comments?

Nope. Keep reading.

wait, what's the "Ragnarok" theory? (I've already read about it in another thread). There is any link?

I found it recently. I think Martin indeed got inspiration in this particulary mithological story, but not following by heart.

http://gameofthronesandnorsemythology.blogspot.com.ar/2013/05/ragnarok-song-of-ice-fire.html

1.How do the ravens work?

2. Are the Andals and the first men pretty much like Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals?

3.What's the deal with airline food?

1.Ravens work like cooler carrier pigeons

2.I believe that the two are the same, just the products of different environments

3.They have to do something with the pets that no one claims :D

1.How do the ravens work?

2. Are the Andals and the first men pretty much like Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals?

3.What's the deal with airline food?

1)As @mindchap said, like pigeons.

2)I think that Andals means like Greco-Romans, and First Man like Europeans to the Americas.

3)Airline food??? WTF?

eta: typing

Is it known when and how Jorah sent word to Illyrio that Daenerys was pregnant? We know he likely sent word of Viserys's death from Vaes Dothraki via the Pentoshi caravan, and of the dragons from Qarth via some ship bound for the west. The show suggested he rode for Qohor as soon as he heard Daenerys was pregnant. But that wasn't in the novels was it?[/

quote]

I'm not sure because I havent read Game of Thrones for a while (at least sixth months, lol) but the Khalasar goes via Norvos and Qohor from Pentos. Depending on where Dany fell pregnant, the message could have been sent from there. If not, well...hmmm...I suppose since there are traders who travel to Vaes Dothrak, they must cross the Dothraki Sea...so Jorah could have spoke to someone in one of thos groups?

airline food? As in "plentiful of roasted ravens when flying long-haul with Targaryen-Air"?

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Is it a slang thing? Or simply that I lack the quick wits? (got the Targ roasted food thing, though)

Thank you, Ser :)

Ok, I read the novellas, not the comic. Besides that generic Tully there, did I miss some important info?

I don't know, that's why I asked :P I imagine the differences might be additional descriptions due to he comics having pictures, and the scroll with the names or participants at Ashford tourney. Perhaps ser Eustace's names can be seen as well?

All I know for certain is that Tully name.

They both are. Wex is Lord Sawane Bolton's nephew, his father being Sargon Botley.

At least one of Cotter's parents is highborn, since he got the "Pyke" surname, too. I don't think we are told how he ended up on the wall.

As for Wex, maybe he did not grew up at his uncle's court? If he lived with his lowborn mother, it makes sense that he'd be illiterate. Or maybe he just wasn't interested in letters, like the Lord Baratheon from tPatQ.

But Wex doesn't talk either, right? So perhaps there is something off in his brain, which makes speaking impossible for him (understanding speech is processed in a different brain area, which could explain why he is able to understand what is being said to him). In combination with not growing up at court, and thus by learning to read and write, that could lead to the Wex we know.

snip

Haha, that's why I added my voice to your question :laugh:

And to the Wex question, I'm no doctor in the matter, but in some cases deaf people can understand what you're saying by reading your lips, but they are incapable of hearing and speaking.

Wex seems to be a different sort of guy (if truth be told, I can't remember very well his character), but he seems to understand what he is being said, and the wiki says he was born a mute, and as the other poster said, if he was illiterate, IMHO it's not a matter of being highborne, lowborne or bastard, but that he did have some learning/phsycological issues that were not treated in time, and derived on what he is now.

Again, I have no degree, or anything availing knowledge in the matter. So take it or leave it...

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Is it a slang thing? Or simply that I lack the quick wits? (got the Targ roasted food thing, though)

I cannot read @Ser Stefan`s (OP) thaughts either, I just tried to make up a a way of an airline serving food in the world of Ice and Fire.

As to the Wex question. If I haven´t missed anything, Wex isn´t deaf at all, only either he is mute (as was said) or just not speaking.

As to litteracy: the Ironborn shun Maesters as we learn from Aeron Pyke´s POV.

On the other hand:

it won´t be an easy task to teach people with untreated brain damage conditions from suffocation in letters, that they won´t have any use for where they live nor where they go a-raiding.

snip

snip

snip

As to the Wex situation that always puzzled me that he had to be taught to tell them where Rickon and Shaggy were, I mean surely he knows how to nod and you can get a wealth of knowledge just from asking yes and no questions, I mean it's not like he was feral or anything just mute. Or maybe his questioner just didn't know what questions to ask?

Or maybe his questioner just didn't know what questions to ask?

I think that's it. It seems there is little Skagos-Mainland communication and thus Skagos is of the map of the Northerner's minds much as Europeans do not think too much about Hawaii :-) err ... or Iceland.

What looks like uneducated Wex was unintentionally outsmarting his questioners.

Hopefully I am not reading too much into Wex, I find him quite vexing :)

I think that's it. It seems there is little Skagos-Mainland communication and thus Skagos is of the map of the Northerner's minds much as Europeans do not think too much about Hawaii :-) err ... or Iceland.

What looks like uneducated Wex was unintentionally outsmarting his questioners.

Hopefully I am not reading too much into Wex, I find him quite vexing :)

I think a trip to Skagos with him and Davos has the potential to yield some comic gold, first there was Dunk and Egg, then Brienne and Pod, now playing Davos and Wex, makes me laugh just thinking about it. :D But looking at the app I think they were referring to Wex having to be taught his letters to explain everything that happened with Ramsay and Winterfell so maybe Wex wasn't trying to tell them just about Rickon but it came out in the wash later on. I guess we won't know for sure until WoW.

Archived