Small Questions v 10027

Stubby

If avoidance is a lie, then yes, yes he has many and more times than can be counted. His characters do most of his lying for him. Though do release dates count? Cause then yes his early dates were way wrong though that is a mistake rather than a lie unless he really knew he couldn't finish the books in that amount of time. Which I think he knew, just wanted to toy with the fans hope.

No, I meant outright lie about content in the books, avoidance is a different thing entirely, as is deadlines, release dates, etc.

@Mindchap, perhaps the SSM about Shella Whent? That one does not align with the books, though undoubtly, that's why it was asked in the first place. The SSM was made in 2000, after the release of Storm, where we have all the info on the Whents that we have today. It's the only one I can come up with right now, and either the SSM is the truth, or the books tell the truth, (or it's some strange mixture of both), and GRRM just misspoke, or misremembered.

It's not exactly what you are looking for, I fear..

@Mindchap, perhaps the SSM about Shella Whent? That one does not align with the books, though undoubtly, that's why it was asked in the first place. The SSM was made in 2000, after the release of Storm, where we have all the info on the Whents that we have today. It's the only one I can come up with right now, and either the SSM is the truth, or the books tell the truth, (or it's some strange mixture of both), and GRRM just misspoke, or misremembered.

Well they start in 2000 but they date all the way up to this year, depending on when and where the info comes from. But I was actually referring to something like saying this person is dead but then we find out is alive. For example he never says baby Aegon was killed, only the little princess, so the door is open for Aegon to actually be Aegon, but if a girl turned out to be Rhaenys that would completely contradict the SSM, as he says flat out that she is dead. If that makes any sense to anyone.

Well they start in 2000 but they date all the way up to this year, depending on when and where the info comes from. But I was actually referring to something like saying this person is dead but then we find out is alive. For example he never says baby Aegon was killed, only the little princess, so the door is open for Aegon to actually be Aegon, but if a girl turned out to be Rhaenys that would completely contradict the SSM, as he says flat out that she is dead. If that makes any sense to anyone.

Yeah, I get what you mean :) I got it the first time, but the Whent situation was the only thing I could come up with that looked even remotely like what you were looking for.

:)

@RT It's okay, I was just looking for any precedence for the Rhaegar's alive theories, but since GRRM says "Rhaegar was cremated" and not "it is said that Rhaegar was cremated" I have to think he's gone, plain and simple. :)

@RT It's okay, I was just looking for any precedence for the Rhaegar's alive theories, but since GRRM says "Rhaegar was cremated" and not "it is said that Rhaegar was cremated" I have to think he's gone, plain and simple. :)

Do things like changing his initial ideas on Targaryen history count? E.g. Harwin Strong.

Also, does what GRRM say on Not a Blog count as SSM, and if so have his replies to Lord Varys been added? (like the Laena and Laenor stuff)

If he had said Rhaegar's son was alive that would be a lie :)

Do things like changing his initial ideas on Targaryen history count? E.g. Harwin Strong.

Also, does what GRRM say on Not a Blog count as SSM, and if so have his replies to Lord Varys been added? (like the Laena and Laenor stuff)

You could notify the Citadel, perhaps they can put it online. For as far as I know, this is the kind of info that makes up part of the SSMs :)

I don't know how you can contact them, but no doubt it's stated somewhere on the website

For as far as I'm aware, the Laenor/Laena stuff, Viserys/Balerion, and Jaehaerys/Alysanne have not yet been added to the list.

You could notify the Citadel, perhaps they can put it online. For as far as I know, this is the kind of info that makes up part of the SSMs :)

I don't know how you can contact them, but no doubt it's stated somewhere on the website

For as far as I'm aware, the Laenor/Laena stuff, Viserys/Balerion, and Jaehaerys/Alysanne have not yet been added to the list.

If someone's gonna be sending a message to Ran/whoever else runs the SSMs, you might mention they also never added the reports from the Bubonicon reading about Aenys and Maegor.

Not necessarily. There remains a possibility of Aegon/Young Griff to be real, and also, assuming R+L=J, Rhaegar still has a son alive.

Did I just bring that debate into the Small Questions thread? Shame on me...

This line from the Ned's last POV chapter pretty much confirms that he was still at the Eyrie, either as a ward or guest until the Tourney at Harrenhall past his 18th birthday, no?

It was the year of false spring, and he was eighteen again, down from the Eyrie to the tourney at Harrenhal.

This line from the Ned's last POV chapter pretty much confirms that he was still at the Eyrie, either as a ward or guest until the Tourney at Harrenhall past his 18th birthday, no?

It was the year of false spring, and he was eighteen again, down from the Eyrie to the tourney at Harrenhal.

Yes. (strikethrough by me: ThereĀ“s that SSM...)

Thank you, I have messaged Lord Varys first, to check and see if he updated the Citadel. I'll update you all if the info is added :)

what was this one about?

what was this one about?

This was what was in it:

Shella Whent

I was wondering if you would tell me where Lady Shella Whent is right now. We know that she isn't at Harrenhal, and that she had left Harrenhal before Tywin got there. But where is she? Also, is she the aunt of the Maid /Queen of the Harrenhal tournament? or the Queen of tournament herself? If the former, is she Lady Minisa Whent 's and Ser Oswel Whent's sister?

Lady Shella Whent was the mother of the "fair maid" at the Harrenhal tournament. Ser Oswell Whent would have been her husband's brother, and therefore uncle to the "fair maid."

A Little Question here. A Little Question here--some years back, there was a wonderful book fan who made gigantic pictorial maps of GRRM's world. I just came across one at another site and don't want to bring it to this site until/unless I can credit the original artist. Anybody remember his/her name?

Archived