Small Questions v 10027

Stubby

No, I meant outright lie about content in the books, avoidance is a different thing entirely, as is deadlines, release dates, etc.

Yeah I know, but he hasn't done it so I made a joke about Martin. I get they are different things, I am not being literal in the reply.

You can try asking Ran, he does world building and is dealing with Maps for his book with Martin. He may recognize it.

Yes, thanks, I'll do that, though right now he's running the annual fundraiser plus getting ready for Sunday night's mad rush.

Yeah, I get what you mean :) I got it the first time, but the Whent situation was the only thing I could come up with that looked even remotely like what you were looking for.

:)

That's why I brought up avoidance, Martin is very good at not saying what he wants to and he knows where to leave openings. Like he has not said Jon is alive but when asked in an interview his reply was "oh you think he is dead?" He didn't say the pink letter was a lie but hinted heavily that it was lie.

I know he once made a mistake where he said a Lannister was dead but then brought him back. He forgot he needed him and had killed him off, not a lie just a mistake. He does not lie he just plays games.

That's why I brought up avoidance, Martin is very good at not saying what he wants to and he knows where to leave openings. Like he has not said Jon is alive but when asked in an interview his reply was "oh you think he is dead?" He didn't say the pink letter was a lie but hinted heavily that it was lie.

I know he once made a mistake where he said a Lannister was dead but then brought him back. He forgot he needed him and had killed him off, not a lie just a mistake. He does not lie he just plays games.

Interesting. Which Lannister was this?

Just finished my reread of the entire series. Took me a few months haha, phew.

Ok, so Rosby Inheritance. Who's the ward? I know Bronn is probably one of the claimants, which isnt a problem. I havent found any good threads that give particular good theories or otherwise, and i know if Pycelle says something that gets brushed aside, it's 99% of the time actually important.

Edric as ward?

Just finished my reread of the entire series. Took me a few months haha, phew.

Ok, so Rosby Inheritance. Who's the ward? I know Bronn is probably one of the claimants, which isnt a problem. I havent found any good threads that give particular good theories or otherwise, and i know if Pycelle says something that gets brushed aside, it's 99% of the time actually important.

Edric as ward?

Edric Dayne? It's not Storm, the Ward is at Rosby and has been for awhile. I don't think there is a chance that anyone refers to Edric as an I'll born or a wretch, he is The Lord of Starfall and his uncle is a legend.

If you can't find a theory write a theory. Martin makes a point about Rosby, he brings it up in multiple books, and the rule of 3 is also applied to it. So it probably should be remembered.

I agree - it would take some hunting, but someone should be able to figure out who that ward is.

Someone who comes up to King's Landing and bites Cersei in the ass, I hope. Not literally. Figuratively.

She stole their inheritance, and doesn't even bother finding out who it is.

Edric Dayne? It's not Storm, the Ward is at Rosby and has been for awhile. I don't think there is a chance that anyone refers to Edric as an I'll born or a wretch, he is The Lord of Starfall and his uncle is a legend.

If you can't find a theory write a theory. Martin makes a point about Rosby, he brings it up in multiple books, and the rule of 3 is also applied to it. So it probably should be remembered.

yeah i meant dayne sorry haha, storm was at dragonstone forever.

see im thinking, this is a subject mentioned a few times, and every single time it gets brushed off, much like daenerys was tot he small council, and the others from the wall.

this has to be bigger than the little evidence we have. the six claimants perhaps not, but id put bronn there.

the ward though is whats getting me, awoiaf doesnt give us much, but at the same time im thinking "it's gotta be someone we've met already, someone that has a name, but has been brushed aside."

edric dayne comes to mind, no one knows where he came from or where he goes after that arya chapter.

theres just like, zero information on it, but i want to bet it's someone we know, or have met once or twice. the hidden ward has to be someone we least expect but have met already. any davos kids left?

That is weird, because the Stranger, iirc, is referred to as a hooded figure. But is it a lizard, or a hound? It looks like a panting hound to me. I think Death is sometimes shown as a skeletal hooded figure with a scythe, on a horse, sometimes accompanied by hounds.

But I don't ever remember the Stranger being referred to as anything but the figure of a person.

AKA Other-In-Law :)

My only question, why is the Stranger a lizard?

OTHER-IN-LAW!!!! That's IT !!! Thanks so much, its been driving me bonkers all day. I remembered it was an odd username, kept trying to come up with all the odd usernames I've seen. Kissyfur? Nope. FussyButt? Nope. Strangler? Un-uh. GotRocks, MouseLegs, BrotherFK, AtomicZ, ShitForBrains, Machocist, , no, no, nada. Other-In-Law! Thanks so much, I may actually be able to sleep tonight.

BTW, no clue why the Stranger is a lizard. I love those maps! The work that went into them is...boggling.

Thank you again, all.

Archived