Small Questions v 10027

Stubby

Arya squirmed through the press, ducking between the legs of horses and clutching tight to her sword stick. From the middle of the crowd, all she could see were arms and legs and stomachs, and the seven slender towers of the sept looming overhead. She spotted a wood wagon and thought to climb up on the back where she might be able to see, but others had the same idea. The teamster cursed at them and drove them off with a crack of his whip.

Was this Yoren's wagon?

I thought Yoren's wagon had the cage with Rorge Biter and Jaqen in on it. Or.did he have multiple.wagons?

I thought Yoren's wagon had the cage with Rorge Biter and Jaqen in on it. Or.did he have multiple.wagons?

it's not explained, but i do recall a few wagons, one had the cage, the other they all rode in together in the beginning (lomym greenhands, she first meets gendry, and hot pie used to be a little shit)

Thank you, I have messaged Lord Varys first, to check and see if he updated the Citadel. I'll update you all if the info is added :)

Has this happened yet?

Most likely it is the dictionary installed on the particular browser.

How do I change this? It happens only on the forum, on no other website do I have this problem (not even on the wiki).

I couldnt work out how I was supposed to. I have all the information, I asked in the Updating the Citadel thread, then yesterday I messaged Ran directly. :dunno: No response yet, but with S4 coming up i imagine he is busy? :dunno:

How do I change this? It happens only on the forum, on no other website do I have this problem (not even on the wiki).

In Firefox you can right-click in the text box and un-check "Check Spelling", and just below "Check Spelling" is an option that says "Languages" if you mouseover that, it shows your dictionary and a link to get different ones. I'm not sure about all the other browsers though, because I only use firefox.

Question:

Somewhere it's stated that Aerys did not want the councilers Jaehaerys II and Aegon V had had, because they were all older men. He wanted young men to be his advisors, so he fired all those councilers when he came into his crown, and raised younger men to their positions, amongst them Tywin Lannister.

Does anyone remember where this was said in text? (Or SSM?)

I couldnt work out how I was supposed to. I have all the information, I asked in the Updating the Citadel thread, then yesterday I messaged Ran directly. :dunno: No response yet, but with S4 coming up i imagine he is busy? :dunno:

Probably. With Season 4 beginning to air tomorrow (!), they've been busy updating the server so the site won't go down when everyone visits the thread to talk about it :) Let's give it some time...

In Firefox you can right-click in the text box and un-check "Check Spelling", and just below "Check Spelling" is an option that says "Languages" if you mouseover that, it shows your dictionary and a link to get different ones. I'm not sure about all the other browsers though, because I only use firefox.

No option like that available.. ah well..

Question:

Somewhere it's stated that Aerys did not want the councilers Jaehaerys II and Aegon V had had, because they were all older men. He wanted young men to be his advisors, so he fired all those councilers when he came into his crown, and raised younger men to their positions, amongst them Tywin Lannister.

Does anyone remember where this was said in text? (Or SSM?)

SSM.

Did Tywin Lannister's campaign against the Reynes and Tarbecks play a part in him being named Hand of the King?

A: It played a small part. Aerys and Tywin knew each other from their youth. Aerys was 19 when he took the throne and wanted a young court, not a bunch of old men around him. Jahaerys was 39 when he died.

I don't think Cersei ever says she did in her POV, but when the girls are in Maggy's tent, Maggy tells them "Some are here who have no futures", and then in answer to her demand for a telling, she says " Worms will have your maidenhead. Your death is here tonight, little one. Can you smell her breath? She is very close."

You can interpret that as either a figurative spirit of Death, or a literal one, and since there are only three of them in the tent, either Melara killed herself or Cersei did it.

Cersei, when she speaks of Melara, just says she died, and it seems like she has buried the memory of what happened very deeply and will not consciously think of what happened, but eventually at one point (in aDwD, iirc) she remembers how Melara screamed in the well. Presumably she knows because she pushed her in, but you might also interpret that as Cersei was nearby and heard her, but from what we know of Cersei now and her habit of tidying up messy loose ends, I think the consensus is she killed her.

Melara signed her own death warrant by telling Cersei if they don't speak of the foretelling, it won't come to pass. Since Cersei does not plan to talk about it, she makes sure Melara won't. When Cersei eventually does talk about it to Qyburn, it seems to foreshadow the fact that she will indeed die as foretold.

Anyone else have more?

Did Cersei kill Melara by pushing her in the well?

There's at least one longwinded thread about it and it looks pretty much she did.

eta: Melara has been mentioned 24 times in the text. Compare that to Lyanna who has 49 mentions.

While evidence for the deed itself is totally missing,

there's the strongest kind of evidence in Melara's ghost haunting Cersei's conscience (she's actually got one) when she is looking back in ADwD 65 Cersei:

A young girl sat beneath a fountain, drenched in spray, and stared at her with Melara Hetherspoon's accusing eyes.

sure she crawled through the caverns of Casterly Rock and came out in Asshai where she was adopted...

Melara was Tysha, she was grateful for tyrion cleaning the sewers and letting her out.

Anyone want to start a thread, Is Melara Really Dead? :p

Melara is eerily similar to the name Mance, who is obviously Rhaegar. Melara = Rhaegar, this is known :) :leaving:

More serious: Do we know what happens to Maelor Targaryen when he is separated from his father and sister? Or at the very least, do we know if he survives the Dance?

Melara is eerily similar to the name Mance, who is obviously Rhaegar. Melara = Rhaegar, this is known :) :leaving:

More serious: Do we know what happens to Maelor Targaryen when he is separated from his father and sister? Or at the very least, do we know if he survives the Dance?

It seems he dies off screen.

By nightfall, a darker tale was being told in the streets and alleys of King’s Landing, in inns and brothels and pot shops, even holy septs. Queen Helaena had been murdered, the whispers went, as her sons had been before her.

sure she crawled through the caverns of Casterly Rock and came out in Asshai where she was adopted...

O_O She's Melissandre..... It's totally clear now!!

On a more serious note :)

Is it anywhere mentioned Ned and Robert had the same age? Or were born in the same year? Because "Of an age with" means only "about the same age", right?

Robert was older iirc. He was born 263, which made him 15 in 278 when his father held the tourney Barristan won (included this because I was looking into it after the post earlier this thread) and 19/20 during the Rebellion. Ned was 18 unless I am mistaken.

ETA: Rhaenys - thanks. I dont know why, but I thought Larys smuggled Jaehaera, Aegon and Maelor from the Red Keep. My bad :p

Archived