Small Questions v 10027

Stubby

About the Hound - he got scared of the fire, and in my opinion he was not getting exposed to his biggest fear for this king. He has also never cared much for knighthood, vows and any of the such.

Also, the Hound had no choice but to flee King's Landing once he abandoned the battle. He essentially deserted in the middle of a battle, endangering the King's life which he had sworn to protect. He was therefore guilty of desertion, and potentially treason. As such, he couldn't just return to Joffrey after the Battle and say: "Hey, yeah, fire scares me. Sorry."

Coincidentally, this is the reason I don't believe the Hound could be the Faith's champion against Robert Strong :)

They're said to be very old, so they were almost certainly a First Men house. Since they weren't north of The Neck they weren't protected from the Andals. At this point they're probably not really a First Men House in the sense that the majority of the northern houses are. They're blood would probably be more Andal than First Men.

Except the whole Dawn legend seems to be part of the Dayne family since its very beginning - so wouldn't that indicate that they had to be knights all along?

Then again, I may be overthinking this - all of Bronze Yohn's sons are knights, even though the Royces are one of the oldest First Men Houses in the Vale. I guess I just find it weird that the family that is supposed to be the safekeeper of Azor Ahai's sword embraced the Faith of the Seven, even though the legend of their House is rooted in the Old Gods.

About Ned - he was most of all strongly opposed to killing children. He also was almost certain the Dothraki will never cross the sea. He also knew they are not good at siege warfare even if they do.

About the Hound - he got scared of the fire, and in my opinion he was not getting exposed to his biggest fear for this king. He has also never cared much for knighthood, vows and any of the such.

I figured as much with both those answers just wanted confirmation. Thanks!

What are some opinions from when Arya meets Mel in the show and she tells her they will meet again? This one really makes me wonder how that will play in the books. When and where will they meet?

This should probably be in spoiler tags, as it's from the show. I know it's not from the new episode, but I think still...

Anyway,

Doesn't she say "We won't meet again."

This should probably be in spoiler tags, as it's from the show. I know it's not from the new episode, but I think still...

Anyway,

Doesn't she say "We won't meet again."

No need for spoilers, that scene is from season 3 no?

Do we know why ned doesnt fear danny and viserys as much as robert does? I mean I can see why robert has the hatred he has, but you would think ned would as well to some extent, unless this is another sign of who jon really is or is it ned just being ned? Also, do we know why the hound leaves the services of the king? I understand that the battle of blackwater really screwed with him, or is it that he had enough himself?

We know Ned really values family relationships. Consider that he offered to have Lysa and young Robert Arryn come to Winterfell. And compare the apparent motivation behind his offer and Tywin's plotting to get the boy fostered at Casterly Rock. If Rhaegar wed Lyanna, and if Lyanna believed thst to have been a true marriage, and if Ned accepted it as such, then after Ned had fought and helped to kill Rhaegar and the other Targaryens, he would have discovered that young Viserys and Daenerys were is brother- and sister-in-law.

Did Black Walder kill his grandfather Stevron?

I think thats the general consensus, obviously Tom o Sevens was there as well and could have told the brotherhood.

Except the whole Dawn legend seems to be part of the Dayne family since its very beginning - so wouldn't that indicate that they had to be knights all along?

Then again, I may be overthinking this - all of Bronze Yohn's sons are knights, even though the Royces are one of the oldest First Men Houses in the Vale. I guess I just find it weird that the family that is supposed to be the safekeeper of Azor Ahai's sword embraced the Faith of the Seven, even though the legend of their House is rooted in the Old Gods.

Where are you getting that Dawn is Azor Ahai's blade? That is nowhere in the books, or the show.

What are some opinions from when Arya meets Mel in the show and she tells her they will meet again? This one really makes me wonder how that will play in the books. When and where will they meet?

Seeing as that whole scene was waaay off what was taking place in the books and was frankly ridiculous because there is no way Mel could just sale up the Blackwater on a pleasure stroll, I don't think we can draw anything from it, but if we do perhaps it means Arya will head back with Massey rather than Swyft.

Did Black Walder kill his grandfather Stevron?

I think thats the general consensus, obviously Tom o Sevens was there as well and could have told the brotherhood.

Wut? Stevron died three days after the Battle at Oxcross. Was Black Walder even there?

Where are you getting that Dawn is Azor Ahai's blade? That is nowhere in the books, or the show.

I believe that's a theory going around on the forum. I haven't really read those, though, but I'm certain the OP's of that theory explain why they think it's possible. I'm guessing (but am absolutely not certain) that they've drawn some sort of parallell between dawn and dusk -> fire and ice -> the fire sword to defeat the others (ice) is the sword Dawn

It's my pet theory, based on the fact that Dawn is a unique blade, made from unique material, and surrounded by a unique tradition.

And when I say "my pet theory" I don't mean that I invented it - just that I saw it on the board and think it may be true.

Wut? Stevron died three days after the Battle at Oxcross. Was Black Walder even there?

I think areyougonnakill confused Stevron with Ryman Frey who was hanged by the Brotherhood. I imagine Lost Melnibonean's idea comes from the fact that Stevron's wound was not thought to be life threatening. In which case, its not really a small question because it would be open to interpretation but my gut feeling is he died from his wound

Seeing as that whole scene was waaay off what was taking place in the books and was frankly ridiculous because there is no way Mel could just sale up the Blackwater on a pleasure stroll, I don't think we can draw anything from it, but if we do perhaps it means Arya will head back with Massey rather than Swyft.

I think areyougonnakill confused Stevron with Ryman Frey who was hanged by the Brotherhood. I imagine Lost Melnibonean's idea comes from the fact that Stevron's wound was not thought to be life threatening. In which case, its not really a small question because it would be open to interpretation but my gut feeling is he died from his wound

Yup, thats what happened. I thought he was talking about the Frey that Jaime sent home to the crossings from the siege of Riverrun because he was acting foolishly by threatening to hang Edmure every day and then not hanging him.

i just finished reading The Mystery Knight

where do I read about what happened in Summerhall? I don't remember it being told in the books but everyone just seems to know it. and yeah its not in the 3 'dunk and egg' stories too

Nobody (readers I mean) knows what happened at Summerhall. GRRM hopes to tell that through the tales of Dunk and Egg, but that wont happen until after the Winds of Winter is completed at the least.

There are few theories that exist,although what is known is that there was a fire, in which Aegon V (Egg) Ser Ducan the Tall (Dunk) Prince Duncan "The Prince of Dragonflies" (Egg's son) and Jenny of Oldstones (Prince Duncan's wife) were killed. (I could have made some errors there) Some believe this was in a Targaryen scheme to hatch more dragon eggs. Rhaegar was born on the day of the Tragedy at Summerhall (I've seen it said before he was born at Summerhall but don't know where that claim is from). The Ghost of High Heart was also at Summerhall, but obviously survived.

i just finished reading The Mystery Knight

where do I read about what happened in Summerhall? I don't remember it being told in the books but everyone just seems to know it. and yeah its not in the 3 'dunk and egg' stories too

All we really know is that there was some sort of catastrophe resulting in the castle collapsing and many Targs dying, and that this wast the same day Rhaegar was born.

Archived