Who will die? Jaime or Brienne?

jaimecersei

Honestly I will be SHOCKED if both Jaime and Brienne survive Stonheart. GRRM has said that he plans on killing POVs in TWOW and neither Jaime or Brienne have anything to do with white walkers or dragons so one of them has got to go in my opinion.

So I"m just curious what this forum thinks.

If you had to place a bet one of them getting the axe who would it be??

Jaime

or

Brienne???????

Jaime to me has always seemed like a more useful and interesting character by far than Brienne. She's just kind of meh.

There's lots of things that can happen if he lives and she dies, but the other way around... not so much.

Both. Not in the first chapters of Winds, but before they leave Lady Stoneheart behind for good.

Jaime has a whole lot left to do in the story. I just don't see him dying soon.

Granted, I don't see how he gets away from Stoneheart, but GRRM can find a way.

also stoneheart must die in TWOW too imo. i just dont know how she will....

another question??

if brienne dies, do you think that will help Jaime redeem himself further or will he go on a darker path?

I looked forward to cathelyn s death from her first chapter (could never stand her), but I think she has to see her children once more before she dies

I looked forward to cathelyn s death from her first chapter (could never stand her), but I think she has to see her children once more before she dies

i think that will be her tragedy

that she'll never see her kids again

or who knows maybe stoneheart, jaime and brienne will reach sansa after all

I am thinking Brienne will sacrifice herself for Jamie's life. Jamie after all came back and saved her life, so she has a life debt towards Jamie. Though I am not sure how Lady Stoneheart would treat with Jamie. Especially if the popular notion is that Jamie will kill Cersei which means he would traveling back south and that takes time.

Probably Brienne. She's an essential part of Jaime's arc but other than that I don't see her having a real purpose in the story. She's really not all that interesting when she's with Jaime, let ony without him.

Obviously grrm doesn't really agree with you, since he gave her many povs for herself.

I can't with people seeing "no real purpose" in characters. The story isn't finished yet, so unless you're grrm or talked directly to him, how do you know? It's fine not to like characters, but it has nothing to do with purpose, just say you don't like them.

As for who will die first, I don't know really. I don't think Jaime has more left to do than Brienne, I think they're about the same level.

I am thinking Brienne will sacrifice herself for Jamie's life. Jamie after all came back and saved her life, so she has a life debt towards Jamie. Though I am not sure how Lady Stoneheart would treat with Jamie. Especially if the popular notion is that Jamie will kill Cersei which means he would traveling back south and that takes time.

I see this all the time, but personally I don't think this is the way the story has been set up. There's a parallel between Jaime and Brienne, and the fact Brienne is now facing the "too many oaths" problem, in a similar way Jaime did before her. This whole story is about Brienne as much as it is about Jaime, in fact when it comes to LS it's more about Brienne as she's the one faced with the conundrum.

Obviously grrm doesn't really agree with you, since he gave her many povs for herself.

I can't with people seeing "no real purpose" in characters. The story isn't finished yet, so unless you're grrm or talked directly to him, how do you know? It's fine not to like characters, but it has nothing to do with purpose, just say you don't like them.

As for who will die first, I don't know really. I don't think Jaime has more left to do than Brienne, I think they're about the same level.

I see this all the time, but personally I don't think this is the way the story has been set up. There's a parallel between Jaime and Brienne, and the fact Brienne is now facing the "too many oaths" problem, in a similar way Jaime did before her. This whole story is about Brienne as much as it is about Jaime, in fact when it comes to LS it's more about Brienne as she's the one faced with the conundrum.

meh brienne's pov chapters in affc were mostly filler imo. her chapters is one of the reasons why affc is the weaker book in the series. GRRM goes way too far when it comes to worldbuilding imo

i do think that jaime has more plot armor than brienne

meh brienne's pov chapters in affc were mostly filler imo. her chapters is one of the reasons why affc is the weaker book in the series. GRRM goes way too far when it comes to worldbuilding imo

i do think that jaime has more plot armor than brienne

For being someone who thinks Brienne's pov was just filler, you sure talk an awful lot about her. Maybe you might want to consider occupying your time talking about characters you ACTUALLY like, no?

I disagree anyway. And I don't believe grrm gave her that many chapters for "filler" either. He must have something in mind, obviously.

For being someone who thinks Brienne's pov was just filler, you sure talk an awful lot about her. Maybe you might want to consider occupying your time talking about characters you ACTUALLY like, no?

I disagree anyway. And I don't believe grrm gave her that many chapters for "filler" either. He must have something in mind, obviously.

lol calm down i actually like brienne. and this is the first time i've ever made a post about her. frankly i wasn't a huge fan of the jaime chapters in AFFC either. AFFC and ADWD are generally the weakest book in the series imo. the only POVs i enjoyed in those books were dany,sansa,arya,arianne,cersei and theon.

Archived