Who will die? Jaime or Brienne?

jaimecersei

I think people here are overestimating Jaime. He is literally going to be face to face to someone who holds him responsible for the death of her son, the crippling of another and the destruction of her family. Convincing her to help find Arya / Sansa is not going to work. The only way Jaime could get out of it, is if what Catelyn has in mind for him is a fate worse than death, kind of scenario. Or if Brienne spills the beans beforehand and he runs off or whatever.

The undead (Beric, Ser Robert Strong, WW) are all portrayed as slipping into a madness/unattached to the world. They are no longer human and thus increasingly dangerous.

The mad and delusional characters such as Cersei are very, very much alive. The amount of dangerous characters such as Varys and Littlefinger are also, alive and not resurrected.

Brienne. At least for now, she is in more dangerous situations than Jamie. She is more willing to take an arrow or a sword for someone else too.

Since I think Jamie is at least a suspect to kill Cersie, and I think Cersie won't die until late in the last book, Jamie outlives Brienne.

Since I think Jamie is at least a suspect to kill Cersie, and I think Cersie won't die until late in the last book, Jamie outlives Brienne.

I agree about the valonqar being Jaime, though I also think Jaime and Cersei will "leave the world together," so IMO they're bother goners in the last book (after their kids die). I don't know if this means Brienne will die though. I think they might find a way to both live through it.

I like brienne but honestly her whole relevance to the story is kinda by Jaime and Catelyn's hands. Jaime has plot armor but him dying is considered a big death and Brienne dying is just kinda like Arys getting killed

So, so far, no one thinks they're going to both live and kill Stoneheart?

Just found the thread, but I can give you a ME ME ME!!

I'm not sure if they'll be the ones to kill LS, but perhaps Brienne will have to do so, mirroring Jaime's past issues with conflicting oaths, although Cat has already broken hers by LS asking Brienne to do things that bring her dishonor, IMO

I'm not sure how it will resolve, but I don't see it necessary that Jaime or Brienne die, not anytime soon, anyway.

Well to you it is. I disagree.

ETA to explain a bit: because I think it will be Arya, for several reasons. Especially the last chapter that just came out convinced me of that even more.

See, this is more along the lines of what I think even before the new chapter was out. Still, I do see the chance that Brienne may have to do it, but.......I'm more inclined to believe someone like Sandor is back in the picture and a wildcard in the situation with Jaime and Brienne. I do think the hunt for a Stark girl or two, not to mention the need of a TRUE KNIGHT like Brienne, may lead The Hound out of the graveyard. At least, I hope, LOL

I think people here are overestimating Jaime. He is literally going to be face to face to someone who holds him responsible for the death of her son, the crippling of another and the destruction of her family. Convincing her to help find Arya / Sansa is not going to work. The only way Jaime could get out of it, is if what Catelyn has in mind for him is a fate worse than death, kind of scenario. Or if Brienne spills the beans beforehand and he runs off or whatever.

The mad and delusional characters such as Cersei are very, very much alive. The amount of dangerous characters such as Varys and Littlefinger are also, alive and not resurrected.

For myself, Jaime face to face with LS would be the point of no return. That's why I think it won't be that simple and LS won't hold all the cards. Someone like The Hound could be a wildcard, not to mention, Thoros himself. He seems not to be in line with the new leadership. It's hard to peg, but to believe that Brienne is simply walking Jaime to his death is also hard to believe, especially since it APPEARS that is what's going on.

I like brienne but honestly her whole relevance to the story is kinda by Jaime and Catelyn's hands. Jaime has plot armor but him dying is considered a big death and Brienne dying is just kinda like Arys getting killed

I'd consider it to be a big death, since she's been around so long. not as big as jaime, but still a big one.

For myself, Jaime face to face with LS would be the point of no return. That's why I think it won't be that simple and LS won't hold all the cards. Someone like The Hound could be a wildcard, not to mention, Thoros himself. He seems not to be in line with the new leadership. It's hard to peg, but to believe that Brienne is simply walking Jaime to his death is also hard to believe, especially since it APPEARS that is what's going on.

:agree: Brienne isn't happy about doing this. She and Jaime are going to try to figure out a way to save her companions without LS getting etiher one killed.

:agree: Brienne isn't happy about doing this. She and Jaime are going to try to figure out a way to save her companions without LS getting etiher one killed.

I wish I could say I knew what the answer is to this equation, but I just don't think it's as simple as it appeared at the end of ADWD, LOL Then again, if I could figure it out, I might not need the books, right?

:agree:

I think GRRM expects/leads the readers to believe this, but I'm betting on a clever twist/trick on his behalf, or Brienne 'simply killing' LS.

:agree:

I think GRRM expects/leads the readers to believe this, but I'm betting on a clever twist/trick on his behalf, or Brienne 'simply killing' LS.

I'm torn between the idea that Brienne will have to be the one to kill her soon or it might fall to someone like Arya or even The Blackfish. Either way, I'm hoping that LS is given knowledge about her children living before she goes. That in itself may help her go willingly to her rest. That creature is not Cat, it's just a revenant of her pain and loss and last moments of sanity leaving her.

As for those who think Brienne is not important to the story, I'm not sure I understand that. No, she's not the liveliest personality, but she may be the strongest. She may also be the Truest Knight, and I think Sandor would get a kick out of that, that in itself is one reason I suspect The Hound may just show up in this storyline soon. That, and well.......Brienne's visit to The Quiet Isle lead me to suspect we'll see him again soon.

I'm torn between the idea that Brienne will have to be the one to kill her soon or it might fall to someone like Arya or even The Blackfish. Either way, I'm hoping that LS is given knowledge about her children living before she goes. That in itself may help her go willingly to her rest. That creature is not Cat, it's just a revenant of her pain and loss and last moments of sanity leaving her.

As for those who think Brienne is not important to the story, I'm not sure I understand that. No, she's not the liveliest personality, but she may be the strongest. She may also be the Truest Knight, and I think Sandor would get a kick out of that, that in itself is one reason I suspect The Hound may just show up in this storyline soon. That, and well.......Brienne's visit to The Quiet Isle lead me to suspect we'll see him again soon.

Yes, while I don't think LS has much Catelyn left in her, she still deserves to know her other children are alive.

We can't know for sure, but I believe Brienne still has a role to play, and even if she doesn't, she's still an important character regardless :not everything is about plot.

Also, I have to say Jaime-Brienne-Sandor is my ultimate dream-team, please make it real !

Yes, while I don't think LS has much Catelyn left in her, she still deserves to know her other children are alive.

We can't know for sure, but I believe Brienne still has a role to play, and even if she doesn't, she's still an important character regardless :not everything is about plot.

Also, I have to say Jaime-Brienne-Sandor is my ultimate dream-team, please make it real !

I love that idea, the dream team. I hope I'm not getting too attached to it, though. Poor Jaime, he'll have to do the talking for all three, but it'll be fun. Although, feed Sandor some wine and he might get conversation. :lmao:

Archived