Who will die? Jaime or Brienne?

jaimecersei

I love that idea, the dream team. I hope I'm not getting too attached to it, though. Poor Jaime, he'll have to do the talking for all three, but it'll be fun. Although, feed Sandor some wine and he might get conversation. :lmao:

Yeah, if Sandor gets some of his snark back, I'll feel sorry for Brienne most of all : the both of them will tease/ annoy her to death.

For myself, Jaime face to face with LS would be the point of no return. That's why I think it won't be that simple and LS won't hold all the cards. Someone like The Hound could be a wildcard, not to mention, Thoros himself. He seems not to be in line with the new leadership. It's hard to peg, but to believe that Brienne is simply walking Jaime to his death is also hard to believe, especially since it APPEARS that is what's going on.

Thoros might not be happy with LS, but I doubt he likes Jaime Lannister anymore seeing how it was Lannister forces and allies that were most responsible for the atrocities inflicted on the Riverlands. Moreover, there is no purpose to LS if she only meant to hang a few unknown Freys and bring Jaime and Brienne together.

Simply, out of a choice of Jaime, Brienne, and Lady Stoneheart I would pick Jaime to be sacrificed as he is still the worst of the bunch.

Thoros might not be happy with LS, but I doubt he likes Jaime Lannister anymore seeing how it was Lannister forces and allies that were most responsible for the atrocities inflicted on the Riverlands. Moreover, there is no purpose to LS if she only meant to hang a few unknown Freys and bring Jaime and Brienne together.

Simply, out of a choice of Jaime, Brienne, and Lady Stoneheart I would pick Jaime to be sacrificed as he is still the worst of the bunch.

I'm not saying he would pick anything for Jaime Lannister specifically. I'm just throwing out guesses, quite frankly, but you made me think of something interesting. What if Sandor showed up, Sandor who was set free by Thoros's Lord of Light, that could make for something interesting. It may take many things happening, not one specific thing, but I do suspect Thoros will reach a breaking point. I don't have a problem with some of the Freys LS hangs, I have a problem with the other people she condemns, like Podrick. Hell, by LS's own rules it seems anyone who has wielded a weapon on someone should die, therefore.....she should put herself out of MY MISERY, LOL, and kill herself for her crime against Jinglebell, ya know?

Thoros might not be happy with LS, but I doubt he likes Jaime Lannister anymore seeing how it was Lannister forces and allies that were most responsible for the atrocities inflicted on the Riverlands.

He seemed to have "warmed up" to Brienne though, or at least he does show empathy towards her.

NO way Brienne dies a virgin, Jamie is gonna hit that. till then she stays alive. Plus, she's awesome FTW

This :leer:

Seriously though, I think there's too much emphasis on her maidenhood for it not to happen.

@Minsc, personally, I do think it will come down to Arya, The Blackfish, or Brienne finally killing LS. I'm thinking THE POINT of LS is to show, even in a beloved character, this coming back is not a good thing. But, I do think there will be some story or sense to how she finally goes out in the end.

Anyway, I realized I didn't address everything in your post, just trying to do so now.

Sorry I just re-read the chapter where Jaime orders Jory butchered. I'm feeling vengeful :D

I totally understand. I just watched that episode recently and was mad as hell at him, even with the slight story differences. I was horrified to first enjoy Jaime, look forward to Jaime POVs, but in the end......he really did win me over. His heart and soul finally won me, not just his pretty face. That helps, though. :blushing:

Besides, I do try and not start too many internet hissyfits.

I'm not saying he would pick anything for Jaime Lannister specifically. I'm just throwing out guesses, quite frankly, but you made me think of something interesting. What if Sandor showed up, Sandor who was set free by Thoros's Lord of Light, that could make for something interesting. It may take many things happening, not one specific thing, but I do suspect Thoros will reach a breaking point. I don't have a problem with some of the Freys LS hangs, I have a problem with the other people she condemns, like Podrick. Hell, by LS's own rules it seems anyone who has wielded a weapon on someone should die, therefore.....she should put herself out of MY MISERY, LOL, and kill herself for her crime against Jinglebell, ya know?

She's really just following the "law" of combat that has gone on for most of humanity's history. If you're not with us, you're against us kinda deal. Hell, even in today's more peaceful and "enlightened" world (comparatively), the US still calls enemy combatants any male over the age of like 13 who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (like an indiscriminate drone strike).

I honestly can't wait to read of her many more slaughters of Lannister stooges. Hopefully her spy at Riverrun yields a particularly bloody massacre of the Freys and Lannisters stationed there. I want to see a house eviction to end all house evictions. Would also be nice to get some retribution for Gregor's many atrocities upon the commonfolk earlier in the war.

@Minsc, personally, I do think it will come down to Arya, The Blackfish, or Brienne finally killing LS. I'm thinking THE POINT of LS is to show, even in a beloved character, this coming back is not a good thing. But, I do think there will be some story or sense to how she finally goes out in the end.

Anyway, I realized I didn't address everything in your post, just trying to do so now.

But Beric was a good commander, he did good, the Brotherhood did and does good, they had a moral mission, punished war crimes, regardless of wolf or lion, and helped the smallfolk victims of the war. And He Was A Zombie.

So, he's sort of already shown us that coming back, while it may not be better than staying alive in the first place, seems a lot better that being straight up dead.

I think Brienne will kill her to make Brienne make the same type of no good choice choice that he had to make, where she will have to break her oath to do what she thinks is right.

If she has sex, she's then definitely doomed. You're safe while you're a virgin. It is known.

Joan of Arc disagrees.

Seriously though, I hope GRRM won't go down that path of punishing female characters for having sex. :rolleyes:

I just don't find it that simple, and strangely, I bet if a living, sane Cat could be asked what she thought of this existance, she might agree with me. If we're going with two wrongs make a right, even in this world, and it goes round and round and round, perhaps we should just cheer on the Others and be done with it?

As I recall, Bolton and The Bloody Mummers were under Robb for quite awhile, I wonder........who should be hung like a tapestry for that? Having every squire, every soldier killed and calling it justice is just BS to me, sorry. I love Cat, but the Cat I loved knew that murder would not return someone their children.

But Beric was a good commander, he did good, the Brotherhood did and does good, they had a moral mission, punished war crimes, regardless of wolf or lion, and helped the smallfolk victims of the war. And He Was A Zombie.

So, he's sort of already shown us that coming back, while it may not be better than staying alive in the first place, seems a lot better that being straight up dead.

I think Brienne will kill her to make Brienne make the same type of no good choice choice that he had to make, where she will have to break her oath to do what she thinks is right.

Beric did good because he didn't die in a moment of insanity or anger or loss. Beric also made it clear that more and more of HIM disappeared each time he returned. For me, it's not about, OH......so and so might be okay if they come back, it's about it not being worth the risk, IMO. For every decent Beric, how many monsters do we get? Ser Robert Strong? UnCat? I can't imagine an UnTywin would be a good idea, hell, he didn't have much humanity to begin with.

Joan of Arc disagrees.

Seriously though, I hope GRRM won't go down that path of punishing female characters for having sex. :rolleyes:

Brienne is of age, and will make a choice, I'm hopeful that will save her. It BETTER be known.

Archived