Who will die? Jaime or Brienne?

jaimecersei

There's a parallel between Jaime and Brienne, and the fact Brienne is now facing the "too many oaths" problem, in a similar way Jaime did before her. This whole story is about Brienne as much as it is about Jaime, in fact when it comes to LS it's more about Brienne as she's the one faced with the conundrum.

you know, this NEVER occurred to me! I honestly don't know how I didn't see it before. It's been irking me that Brienne keeps taking new missions before completing the last one, and I never thought to look at it as a parallel with Jaime's story.

The obvious plot direction to take it is that Brienne would have to kill LS to save Jaime. Which oath is more important? That would force Brienne to make a similar decision with Jaime/LS as Jaime did with Aerys and his father. Brienne killing LS could give new fuel to both her and Jaime's stories.

Jamie will die, but not before becoming the realms first 'Dragonslayer' in 300 years, mercifully overshadowing his unjust kingslayer title.

Brienne will also be a Dragonslayer, prior to her new role as commander of Aegon & Sansa's kingsguard.

Archived