Will Arya meet "Arya"

Mrmanakan

When she was getting a raw deal selling her horse she was upset that people were around so that attempting to kill the women was not an option

I am not sure she would actually have done it. That seems more like a moment of impetuousness and a demonstration of her general violent mood, but her list is something deeper than that.

I am not sure she would actually have done it. That seems more like a moment of impetuousness and a demonstration of her general violent mood, but her list is something deeper than that.

I agree her list is different.

But she is willing to kill an impediment w/o remorse (Guard to escape)

She is willing to kill to stay in the FM, and her initial plan was to off a guard and than stab the old guy.

She killed Dareon

The Horse trader was cheating her, threatening her and denying her the money she needed to berth on a ship anywhere having sold her horse she needed transport somewhere (note also the implicit threat that Arya would not be allowed to back out of the bad deal either) - I really don't think Arya was simply having angry thoughts at that point. Now maybe her brief thoughts about shutting Hot Pie up were just that but I think Horse trader women would have died if the situation was more private. In all honesty if she had not got on a ship what is to say the women might not still have fingered her for a horse thief?

I guess I am jus wondering if she is in the same place, psychologically, as she was then. She is a bit less traumatized, possibly now. Dareon was a deserter so she felt justified. She hasn't really done any random killing since she got some distance from the war zone.

It is speculative, but I am not sure she feels the same about death now as she did in the middle of the horrors of the Riverlands

Arya's a killer, if she thinks she's been wrong or that in anyway they have/will wrong her family she will kill them.

So the horse trader for instance someone who cheated her out of money Im not so sure she would have killed him it's hard to say if she felt her life depended on it and getting more money for the horse then yes she would have.

The guard from harrenhal got in the way of her freedom so she killed him, do you believe if she stayed in harrenhal she would of been safe? Her life was in imminent danger she was going to be left with vargo hoat do you believe she would of been safe in that situation? No she killed the guard to be free of danger and really she was backed against a corner.

Jeyne however has not done anything to arya or her family really she's like family, one of her father people, her people really. She'd help jeyne in anyway she could I do so believe. Even if jeyne asked for death I think arya would try to help her first.

She's not like the faceless men she doesn't do it for "the god" she does it for vengeance, revenge and justice. She will do it for mercies sake too but will not set out for that IMO.

Look how jagen h'gar looked at things for Saving him and the other 2 life's he gave her 3 deaths, would you see arya doing the same? I don't she wouldn't do it without question she asks why, like with that old man in bravos she convinced herself he was evil and wronged many people. She convinced herself it was justice.

That's how I look at her atleast not just a blind killer, she needs true motives of justice when killing others to see the wrongs or to feel her life depends on doing so.

If Arya and "Arya" meet I think our Faceless Girl will have an identity crisis. If there's already an "Arya Stark", would there really need to be another one?

Honestly, I didn't think it was necessary at all to have Jeyne go to Braavos until I read that, and now that that's been said, I actually think that it would be extremely interesting to have such a situation. With all the dilemmas surrounding Arya and identity, this would be the perfect emotional trigger that either makes her realise she doesn't want her identity stolen from her (thus ending her training and going back with Justin and Jeyne) or makes her question the fact that she actually ever was Arya and is the necessary step to make her a real faceless girl. The latter being unlikely with the wolf dreams and seeing her behavior in the latest chapter.

In any case, such an encounter is certain to have a big emotional impact on Arya and would really be a clever trigger.

Thinking about it, I'm starting to think it very possible that she would kill her in the trauma following their meeting, and I'm really picturing a messy job, OOOOOR she could just meet her, say "hell no girl I'm the real deal", Jeyne answering "yeah, I'm not actually you", and they all go back to Westeros hand in hand.

Arya might hatch a plot with Jeyne and Massey, return to Winterfell as herself, scare the bejesus out of Ramsay, and bury her needle in some dark place even Renly couldn't find. There are also still plenty of Freys and Boltons she could use for target practice there. Stannis will storm the castle and find one little girl Stark on the throne in the North surrounded by a mountain of bodies, Conan style, with an unsheathed Needle across her lap. Whoa, I just shuddered there for a minute.

If Arya and "Arya" meet I think our Faceless Girl will have an identity crisis. If there's already an "Arya Stark", would there really need to be another one?

They'll create a paradox in the universe, kerplode, and out of that warp in space time, a faceless dragon will crawl forth.

It would certainly be an interesting meeting, but the one I'd look forward to more is Jeyne Poole meeting up again with Sansa.

Wouldn't that blow Littlefinger's act wide open?

"Oh by the way, old friend. Your fake father is a pimp who beat me, trained me as a whore, then sold me to Ramsay Bolton.

The things Littlefinger did to me would make you sick, but what Ramsay did was far, far worse."

It would certainly be an interesting meeting, but the one I'd look forward to more is Jeyne Poole meeting up again with Sansa.

Wouldn't that blow Littlefinger's act wide open?

"Oh by the way, old friend. Your fake father is a pimp who beat me, trained me as a whore, then sold me to Ramsay Bolton.

The things Littlefinger did to me would make you sick, but what Ramsay did was far, far worse."

I agree. Regardless of which sister runs into her, I am quite sure her story will be what provokes Sansa to put LF's head on a spike.

I'm actually pretty certain that they will meet, my question is, will Arya kill her?

After everything Jeyne has been through, I don't think Martin could have Arya kill her without her forfeiting all of her (considerable) audience sympathy, and I doubt that's in Martin's plan, even if Arya has become a darker character.

After everything Jeyne has been through, I don't think Martin could have Arya kill her without her forfeiting all of her (considerable) audience sympathy, and I doubt that's in Martin's plan, even if Arya has become a darker character.

Oh I think Arya will die, but not until the last book.

Jeyne will be very p*ssed at Arya I imagine. I mean, Jeyne had to act as Arya because Arya went missing. And as such Jeyne had to endure a lot of bad things (aka Ramsey).

Thus I cannot imagine it will be a happy reunion between Arya & Jeyne. No, not at all.

Jeyne will be very p*ssed at Arya I imagine. I mean, Jeyne had to act as Arya because Arya went missing. And as such Jeyne had to endure a lot of bad things (aka Ramsey).

Thus I cannot imagine it will be a happy reunion between Arya & Jeyne. No, not at all.

Now that is pretty silly. You are saying all that stuff rightfully should have happened to Arya? Because that is fucked up.

She will blame Littlefinger for what she has been through. And Ramsay. Arya had nothing to do with it.

Now that is pretty silly. You are saying all that stuff rightfully should have happened to Arya? Because that is fucked up.

She will blame Littlefinger for what she has been through. And Ramsay. Arya had nothing to do with it.

Eh, I can imagine Jeyne being really out of it after all that happened. Do you think she will say "oh arya, I am so glad your alive, I had to pose as you and have Ramseys dogs have a go at me". Huggy huggy.

It is not that Arya would have deserved it either but did Jeyne deserve it?

Eh, I can imagine Jeyne being really out of it after all that happened. Do you think she will say "oh arya, I am so glad your alive, I had to pose as you and have Ramseys dogs have a go at me". Huggy huggy.

Well certainly noone deserved it.

IIRC Jeyne was never particularly fond of Arya. In fact she bullied her. So even if she had not been through hell she would not be giving Arya big hugs.

I rather suspect that if Arya meets Jeyne, Arya will be in disguise anyway, so it will be one way recognition.

Arya had nothing to do with what happened to Jeyne. Why would Jeyne ever be pissed at Arya? Besides Arya and Jeyne never got along in the first place so I doubt Jeyne would have ever been "huggy huggy" with her. Also Jeyne has been so mistreated and abused at this point that I doubt she could muster any negative reaction to Arya not to mention that Jeyne would probably be terrified of Arya if she had any inclination of what Arya had done or been through.

• 1 month later...

What did Jeyne expect Arya to do? Stoically face death at the hands of the Lannisters? Swashbuckle herself into King's Landing, slay everybody, and carry Jeyne out on her back? I'm sure she's not a BFF of Arya, but she'd be very grateful to see a familiar face and not blame her for her situation.

Archived