Football LXIX - I'm running out of title ideas

baxus

We'll have to wait and see exactly how fucked DC United are on the stadium deal. My understanding is that Mayor Bowser (yes, I understand that it now sounds like we have an evil Mario character as mayor) was very against it at first, but mellowed significantly. I'm hoping that she'll just want to renegotiate the deal, but keep it more or less on track. I cannot be upset that a corrupt mayor got voted out of office, DC stadium or no. It sounds like she just doesn't like the land swap idea, so hopefully they can work something out.

That is very true. Don't know how I overlooked that...Imagine if Pinto retired, as well. :laugh:

The Ter Stegen deal is supposedly already agreed although neither club have yet confirmed it. Barca can still sign him if they can prove an arrangement was in place beofore the transfer ban

Still it's a massive blow to Barcelona as they need some serious improvements in that squad the youth team doesn't seem to be making them like they used too and with Valdes and Puyol going and Xavi getting on replacements are needed

It's time for a cover version of Smokie's golden oldie:

24 years waiting for a chance,

to win again the league and be the champions,

but for 24 years we were living next door to Alex.

Alex!? Alex!? Who the fuck is Alex!?

Back on topic: hilarious if Barca have to get through a season relying on a crocked Valdes and aged Puyol. But disappointing that this regulation turns out to have more teeth than all the FFP waffle.

We'll see. FIFA can say 'no appeal' but Barca can still take them to the CAS. I suspect CAS would not like the idea of a penalty that can't be appealed, if nothing else.

Archived