Bakker XXVI: Atrocious predictions, piled

Borque

We've reached 400+ posts, so here goes:

Happy Ents intro:

"This is the perpetual thread devoted to the works of R. Scott Bakker, primarily the books in the Second Apocalypse series, the first of which is The Darkness that Comes Before.

The current publication status is 5 volumes of novels, including The White-Luck Warrior, as well as 2 short stories, in particular The False Sun . This thread contains spoilers for these publications.

Since Bakkers writing uses layers of revelation, newcomers are strongly advised to finish the books before coming here; otherwise the spoilers will rot your soul. Eternally.

Most denizens of this thread have also read Bakkers non-fantasy novels Neuropath and Disciple of the Dog, but the spoiler policy is unclear. You are advised to hide crucial plot points in those novels."

ETA: And having three properly numbered Bakker threads on the first page is a rare and joyous event.

Clearly the Mother Ark! No female Inchoroi anywhere except her.

The Inchoroi are her children, refer to her as mother, often described as a dead womb and in TTT one of the Inchoroi as a Synthese comments that "Golgotterath will not be happy." I know it could mean the rest of the consult however I read it as "Mother will not be happy."

Haha

Shes gonna raise her big fucking head and theyre going to be horns on top of a big Ciphrang a a hundred mile high haha.

We've reached 400+ posts, so here goes:

Happy Ents intro:

"This is the perpetual thread devoted to the works of R. Scott Bakker, primarily the books in the Second Apocalypse series, the first of which is The Darkness that Comes Before.

The current publication status is 5 volumes of novels, including The White-Luck Warrior, as well as 2 short stories, in particular The False Sun . This thread contains spoilers for these publications.

Since Bakkers writing uses layers of revelation, newcomers are strongly advised to finish the books before coming here; otherwise the spoilers will rot your soul. Eternally.

Most denizens of this thread have also read Bakkers non-fantasy novels Neuropath and Disciple of the Dog, but the spoiler policy is unclear. You are advised to hide crucial plot points in those novels."

ETA: And having three properly numbered Bakker threads on the first page is a rare and joyous event.

I was wondering what that feeling was.

Clearly the Mother Ark! No female Inchoroi anywhere except her.

The Inchoroi are her children, refer to her as mother, often described as a dead womb and in TTT one of the Inchoroi as a Synthese comments that "Golgotterath will not be happy." I know it could mean the rest of the consult however I read it as "Mother will not be happy."

Haha

Shes gonna raise her big fucking head and theyre going to be horns on top of a big Ciphrang a a hundred mile high haha.

Huh, Golgotterath/the Ark is really a demonic, decrepit Moya.

By the way, there are over forty numbered Bakker threads in Literature. Unless you're not counting the JE/WLW threads.

pre-post-humans.

So, like the Dûnyain?

I've been thinking about all the cursing that Psatma did while fucking the WLW,

Is this Fanayal? Or a hint that Moe, who lead the Dunyain Cishaurim is still alive? This is also the only one that she repeats twice.

Or is she just speaking generally and not referring to specific people?

Probably Fanayal. IIRC, this is the last time we see her in TJE, and in the next book she's been captured by him. At first I thought that was kind of abrupt, but I guess this was supposed to foreshadow it. Interesting though, that she does not mention Maithanet.

Probably Fanayal. IIRC, this is the last time we see her in TJE, and in the next book she's been captured by him. At first I thought that was kind of abrupt, but I guess this was supposed to foreshadow it. Interesting though, that she does not mention Maithanet.

Honestly, I thought she just got back to referring to Kellhus again. And I likewise found the omission of Maithanet to be very strange, but really not of those fit very well for him.

There is actually one that fits him,

Not Maithanet. The thing that was Maithanet.

Are you suggesting that Maithanet was replaced with a skin-spy? Why wouldn't Kellhus or Theliopia notice when they came in contact with Maitha in WLW?

I could see that quote cursing skin spies in general, but I don't know why she'd bother doing that.

Archived