Bakker XXVI: Atrocious predictions, piled

Borque

And would not the Ark be extra-damned for birthing the damned Inchies? And if so, kind of crazy that the Ark houses the IF.

Only if giving birth to a would be sinner a sin.

But I don't think the IF is an actual portal into the Outside/Hell, it's a device that works the same way Hell/damnation does; it tortures a person based on how deep the scarring of their soul is, or however damnation actually works. The Inchies figured that out (how damnation works), and built a small scale replica of it.

Evidence? That one specifically rapes Biaxii after killing all his men.

The section you are reffering to is small and does not explicitly state that Serwe rapes Biaxi. I am not saying you are wrong, just the evidence does not clearly support this.

"That night Biaxi Sompas learned there were rules for everything, including what could and could not happen to one's own body."

The section you are reffering to is small and does not explicitly state that Serwe rapes Biaxi. I am not saying you are wrong, just the evidence does not clearly support this.

"That night Biaxi Sompas learned there were rules for everything, including what could and could not happen to one's own body."

Sounds like rape of all sorts to me.

I don't know where it is, but I have a distinct memory a female skin-spy getting an erection because of upcoming bloodshed or rape or murder or whatever atrocity. Either way, I know this stuff has been discussed in-depth before. As far as the text goes, "female" skin-spies all have dicks.

I mean if they had pussies, I think we'd of seen at least ONE reference to vaginal intercourse of some kind, neh?

I don't know where it is, but I have a distinct memory a female skin-spy getting an erection because of upcoming bloodshed or rape or murder or whatever atrocity. Either way, I know this stuff has been discussed in-depth before. As far as the text goes, "female" skin-spies all have dicks.

I mean if they had pussies, I think we'd of seen at least ONE reference to vaginal intercourse of some kind, neh?

But one skin-spy is not all skin-spies. We already know some are made different. There was that one that had infiltrated the Mandate and could apparently do sorcery, for example. Now personally, I do think all of them are indeed male, and that there is some as-yet undiscovered reason behind this probably (sigh) having something to do with feminism somehow. But it's just incorrect to say that every female skin-spy we've read about has a penis, or that because we've read about female skin-spies with penises, all female skin-spies have penises.

I thought it meant that he had his first period.

Weird. It's been some time since I read TTT, but I remember a reference to Esmi's 'cunt' in the Aurang scene... and I don't remember Kellhus noting that she has a dick, but I could be wrong.

But, could it have something to do with procreation? I'm sure the Consult doesn't want to SSs to start breeding like the Sranc?

Weird. It's been some time since I read TTT, but I remember a reference to Esmi's 'cunt' in the Aurang scene... and I don't remember Kellhus noting that she has a dick, but I could be wrong.
That was the actual Esme, possessed by Aurang.

Esmi is definetely the real Esmi possessed rather than a Skin Spy - there is some clear exposition in the book between Kellhus and Esmi and then Achamian and Esmi where she discusses and muses on her possesion. How the thoughts originate from her own Soul.

I would imagine that as Aurang can percieve the Onta that he could Cant through Esmi but at a significantly reduced level. Similar to when occupying the Synthese Aurangs own internal monologue reflects on the limitations of his current shell and how he was so dramatically reduced.

We can assume that possession from distance is limited - I suspect the Synthese needs to dominate (sexually or physically) to the point of submission before it can possess.

Inchoroi are such bastards but I love their POV scenes.

76% through TTT now. Making good progress despite workload.

Finished TTT last night.

Here are some general musings:

Moe Snr and Kellhus scene was great - I really believe Moe did not see his own death coming. I don't think Moe could reconcile Kellhus madness with his own "truth". If Moe did see his death coming then he chose the spot where Inri Sejenus ascended to the Nail - coincidence or not I am not so sure.

I always believed (on my initial read) that the Dunyain were almost infallible. My perceptions have changed somewhat and I think Kellhus makes a lot of emotive decisions which he veils in logic.

Interesting that Kellhus haloes don't cast any real light or shadow.

I know Bakker has stated Cnaiur arc is done - I am not so sure we are getting a red herring there though.

Really liked the Inchi PoV scenes and remember there being a lot less in TJE and WLW.

After re-reading the Xin section I think it unlikely he is Meppa - also think it unlikely Moe is Meppa. I think Meppa could be Cnaiur but I would prefer Cnaiur to be revealed as some tool of the consult now he has been broken.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the PoN series back to back.

Thoughts welcome!

The explicit description of hair (Moe was bald) and skin (Moe was pale) is part of why I think it's him. I mean a shitload (the majority) of the characters are Ketyai, all who have brown skin, and Bakker doesn't call attention to it because there's no need to. He only describes skin color when they stand out, like when a Zeumi appears. Why specifically describe Meppa's skin-color? If he was really the last Cishaurim, and there was no secret, then he'd just be another Ketyai majority.

It's fishy is all I'm saying.

Archived