Bakker XXVI: Atrocious predictions, piled

Borque

Thats a really nice peice of art.

Its pretty much how I imagined the Inchoroi. Although I imagine them more translucent and with more mucous - they are often described with sounds like "sucking" and "popping" and smells like "fish" and "sweat" so I imagine them more slimy. The shape is great, although I would have the head slightly flatter at the top and again the wings more slimy and translucent and a bit more viscous claws. I would also have fleshy and mucousy protrusions extruding from the shoulders ending in a sort of tripod with the head. Texture more similar to the first pic on this page http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=901.15

That corpse armour is great. The Tree on the shield is also really nice. The Bronze tree is the House of Siol sigil. Guy has some other great art and I like his Bashrag, I just have them a bit bigger in my mind.

Awesome art though and better than anything I could do.

More cool art fron Spiralhorizon.

Do the Inchoroi really have a huge head like this? And bat wings?

That Inchie is amazing cool. In regards to correct-ness, iirc, the original eyes are supposed to be vestigial and overgrown with skin. Not sure about the chicken-legs either. I don't think the Heron Spear is correct. The Non-man call it the Heron-Spear because it's got the shape of a Heron, I assume because it's got a long barrel (the Heron's leg), some sort of body (the Heron's body), and then a shoulder-rest (the Heron's head). It's a laser-rifle.

So just some random questions from reading WLW again.

Near the end, the Captain kneels before Mimara as her Judging Eye opens and pleads her to save them from damnation. But in the very next scene it's all about him grunting about and treating her like dog poop on the slog, as usual. Did he not really kneel? Was he being sarcastic, just a kind of melodramatic and dick way to reveal he knew her identity? Was it a figment of her Judging Eye and/or imagination? Is he just insane and so contradicts himself constantly by this point?

Also, what is the significance of Akka's dreams about worn down prisoners being marched inside the Ark - the flashing light, etc? Are these prisoners being held by Nonmen being dicks, or of the Consult? Is it related to the Inverse Fire somehow?

So just some random questions from reading WLW again.

Near the end, the Captain kneels before Mimara as her Judging Eye opens and pleads her to save them from damnation. But in the very next scene it's all about him grunting about and treating her like dog poop on the slog, as usual. Did he not really kneel? Was he being sarcastic, just a kind of melodramatic and dick way to reveal he knew her identity? Was it a figment of her Judging Eye and/or imagination? Is he just insane and so contradicts himself constantly by this point?

Also, what is the significance of Akka's dreams about worn down prisoners being marched inside the Ark - the flashing light, etc? Are these prisoners being held by Nonmen being dicks, or of the Consult? Is it related to the Inverse Fire somehow?

As for the captain kneeling, I can't recall. But, I believe the dream is a Seswatha dream. But only Akka is having different ones. I believe its when Seswatha is a captive of the Consult. IIRC

Those aren't Seswatha dreams they are dreams of what's his nuts the kings son. He's captured by Consult and being marched maybe to IF. Maybe as part of some ritual to create No God.

Oh, okay. I was confused since the dream where he is explicitly Nau-Canuck getting betrayed by his wife and then awakening to Allbang is later in the book than the shambling prisoner scene and hadn't made the connection. Damn, sucks to be him.

I stand corrected. I never made that connection either, I guess. Always thought all his dreams was of Seswatha's life. He was just having more intimate ones then other Schoolmen.

Eta: so am I making this up in my mind or is it true that Seswatha got the Heron Spear from the Consult? And wasn't he a prisoner there also? Or am I just confusing him with Nau-Cayuti?

Seswatha was held and tortured by Mekeritrig in the dream at the beginning of TTT, and he did steal the Heron Spear (only according to the Glossary IIRC) when he went into the Ark with Nau-Cayuti to supposedly find his concubine.

Hi my name is Larry and I'm a bakkerholic. It took all my willpower not to bakkake all over the feminism thread when solo made the distinction between gymnophoria and apodyopsis/oculoplania. I typed out a bunch of watcher/watched and cycle of souls nonsense before I regained my wits and got the fuck out of there before I made an ass out of myself. Thanks for letting me share.

The very first TSA podcast, featuring Madness, WIlshire, and myself: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/y4gz9q7xunt9kxy/tsacast%201%2C%20may%2012%2C%2014.mp3

ETA: This one seems a little better, just follow the link and the little rectangular blue "play" button.

Link to the TSA forum topic: http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=1331.msg16294#new

Madness did all the recording and such himself. From the topic:

I'm still working on getting it into the iTunes podcast library and it's my hope that Bakker will link the TSACast on TPB eventually.

I'm also learning how to do this and there seems to be a lot to go over in order to distribute effectively. Apologies for any issues anyone has accessing, streaming, or downloading the first episode.

Also, forgive us that this is our first TSACast. There was probably some minor editing to be done but I think the moments of distortion are basically irreparable (but I don't know anything about audio files). I think the three of us are just excited to get it out there.

Also, also... there is much profanity wink.gif.

Cheers. Hope everyone likes the attempt. I know I had fun making it - especially as I've got the downs hard right now so I was surprised that the conversation could pick me up so much. I basically just forget it's us talking and enjoy the fact that someone, anyone, is talking TSA online.

Thanks to Wilshire and FB for being a part of it.

The very first TSA podcast, featuring Madness, WIlshire, and myself: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/y4gz9q7xunt9kxy/tsacast%201%2C%20may%2012%2C%2014.mp3

Link to the TSA forum topic: http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=1331.msg16294#new

Madness did all the recording and such himself. From the topic: http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=1331.msg16294#new

Pretty good. The audio static issues were particularly unfortunate, however. I felt like they happened precisely when you were expounding on an interesting theory. Then I got paranoid and wondered if the Consult was using the Tekne to prevent the truth from being known. Ever are Men deceived.

ETA: This link seems a little better, just follow the link and the little rectangular blue "play" button.

Thanks to any and all who listened! And by the way, we want guests! The more people involved, the better it will be, and the more it will help the franchise in some minuscule fashion. There's also a possibility of RSB himself making an appearance eventually, but nothing's set in stone obviously. At the very least, I can guarantee each one will get better and better as we find our footing.

Pretty good. The audio static issues were particularly unfortunate, however. I felt like they happened precisely when you were expounding on an interesting theory. Then I got paranoid and wondered if the Consult was using the Tekne to prevent the truth from being known. Ever are Men deceived.

Yeah it's a shame about the technical issues, but like I said it was our first one, and we're all still learning (Madness in particular deserves most of the credit, I'm not very tech-savvy beyond casual day-to-day affairs). Regardless, any critiques, advice, or tips are greatly appreciated!

Next time I'll have my Kindle versions of the series on hand, so we don't spend ten minutes blabbering about a map, lol.

Just listening now.

I think my voice sounds frighteningly similar to those of Madness and Wilshire.

Comments to come. :)

I honestly had trouble telling them apart sometimes during the actual recording, but eventually I started catching the hint of a Canadian accent in Madness.

Listening right now. Well done, lads. Love hearing the pronunciation of the names.

Also, in the other 'should i read Bakker' thread, the topic of humor came up, and I didn't want to drop spoilers over there, but have to say that Sarl is indeed hilarious, as are Wuteat's ALL CAPS FUCK YEAH SPEECH, and Sorwheel's Fast Times at Ridgemont High-style voyeur episode.

edit:

You guys had me cracking up with the Cleric / Modern Nonman discussion and then the hopes for a Sarl POV in TUC...

Archived