Bakker XXVI: Atrocious predictions, piled

Borque

Demented is a bit harsh. You can go anywhere from misguided to wrong but he's not the Tom Kratman of women in fantasy. Not that that quote has anything to do with gender.

He seems to mean well, even with the whole "I think women are our better half, really), it's just...things get away from him.

I always thought that Bakker's views on male sexuality deserve their own thread. How about it then Serwe? "Bakker and Men I" would be very interesting. For the reactions more than the discussion.

She had the JE since the beginning because since the JE is the eye of the Unborn (which is part of the Outside) it witnesses time in a nonlinear manner or something, she gets pregnant at some point, therefore she always had the JE.

I always thought that Bakker's views on male sexuality deserve their own thread. How about it then Serwe? "Bakker and Men I" would be very interesting. For the reactions more than the discussion.

I actually think this would be interesting. Though I'm not so sure I want to be the one to start such a thread.

OK, I couldn't recall, thank you serwe. U have any thoughts on the Nau-Cayuti/Seswatha, Mimara/Akka parallel?. Just seems important to me. As i think the Great Ruiner told me the dreams Akka was having being in line awaiting the internal fire or whatever was going on, he was dreaming as Nau-Cayuti. Seems important.

I feel like Achamian first dreaming about Nau-Cayuti's death,then him being taken back to Golgotterath in a sarcophagus and dumped before Aurang suggests that he was turned into the No-God, or maybe given control of the Sarcophagus if Mog Pharau had already awakened in his time.

If (big if) Nau-Cayuti was "turned" into the No-God, and he ended up with that identity crisis, then could it be that the parallel is that Mimara will be used to create him this time, but because she has the JE he/she won't be asking those questions anymore?

If (big if) Nau-Cayuti was "turned" into the No-God, and he ended up with that identity crisis, then could it be that the parallel is that Mimara will be used to create him this time, but because she has the JE he/she won't be asking those questions anymore?

maybe we will see what happens when the chorae on the sarcophagi are inverted.

I want Wutteat in the carapace just to see what font his speech would be rendered in.

It'd be like the large print edition of the Reader's Digest that my grandmother gets.

That's still one of the many questions that I hope we'll get a satisfying answer to but wonder if we will. It's like Chorae normally banish sorcerers to the Outside but Mimara's Chorae banished the Outside itself.

You're saying that we won't get answers or that the answers won't be satisfying? I'm actually hoping that he doesn't answer every question out there, but knowing Bakker I'm sure he will. What worries me more about the ending though, is the idea that TUC will end with the No-God rising. I'm not sure how that could be a satisfying ending to be honest. Unless he rises and is destroyed right away, which isn't that satisfying either.

Archived