Ramsey & Theon/Reek - not POV in ASOS?

Mother Of Dragon

I am only 1/3 through ASOS and am surprised that Ramsey nor Theon/Reek is a POV. Is this storyline just left hanging throughout ASOS and then resumes in AFFC? Spoliers are fine by me :)

It's left hanging in ASOS and then resumes in ADWD (AFFC and the first two thirds of ADWD happen at the same time, and AFFC only deals with the characters who are in King's Landing, Riverlands and a few other locations I will not mention for possible spoilers, and ADWD deals with the characters who are in Essos and the North - except for its last third, which is where the storylines catch up and you see the continuation of both AFFC and ADWD plots). AFFC and ADWD were meant to be the same book, but Martin had to split them in two because it was too big, with too many locations and characters, so he decided to split them geographically.

So, you don't hear anything about Theon or what Ramsey's been up to until A Dance with Dragons, where you see Theon as Reek, the way he's become after his long torture and mutilation, which is only alluded to in his thoughts. The TV show is doing it chronologically, on the other hand, so they've been showing what's happening with Theon.

It's worth the wait - Theon's chapters and his arc in ADWD are really fantastic, the best part of the book. (They're really, really dark and disturbing, though.)

Archived