Season 4 Impressions

Westeros

I think the scene we spoke of as being controversial in its depiction is more ambiguous than it's being depicted in discussions. I will not speak of it in detail, however, that shall have to wait for our ep 3 review.

I think the scene we spoke of as being controversial in its depiction is more ambiguous than it's being depicted in discussions. I will not speak of it in detail, however, that shall have to wait for our ep 3 review.

lol i'm not surprised you would think of it as ~ambiguous~. but there are no blurred lines and grey area when it comes to sex. cersei explicitly wanted jaime to have sex with her in the book, and she was into it and she enjoyed it. removing her explicit consent to make this show ~edgier~ and to amp up the ~shock factor~ is disgusting. not to mention completely out of character for jaime, i truly believe that if cersei hadn't given her explicit consent in the books then jaime would have stopped

i completely understand that you can't talk about it fully right now though and i respect that. i dont actually expect you to reply to this but i'm voicing my thoughts anyways.

We certainly can't really speak about that scene, before we have seen it all. If there's a scene where nuances in acting will be important, it should be this one...

Any hint, though, what you were referring to when speaking about them rearranging Arya scenes/plot points? Just the fact that

will get Needle back in the first episode, causing them to come up with a different story for Sandor's (near-)fatal wound later on

or is there something else to it?

And can you also please confirm that Oberyn is merely a Prince of Dorne, not the Prince of Dorne (i.e. that Doran has not been permanently cut from the show like Garlan or Willas).

That Doran thing is a good sign. With

the Golden Company mentioned as well

this looks now really looks promising. I daresay it's very likely now that

we are going to see Dorne in season 5. And we are going to meet Aegon and Jon Connington as well.

That Doran thing is a good sign. With

the Golden Company mentioned as well

this looks now really looks promising. I daresay it's very likely now that

we are going to see Dorne in season 5. And we are going to meet Aegon and Jon Connington as well.

I don't see how you could not have Aegon and Connington. Or at least Aegon. It gives the Unsullied a nice shock "Holy shit Rhaegar's son is ALIVE?". Even if he is a Blackfyre or a fake.

Even knowing in advance that the show takes more and more liberties with each season and with even Elio and Linda saying that these are good (even though in their opinionnot great) episodes people still talk of "butchering characters" and "mess". Seriously, get overyourselves.

Even knowing in advance that the show takes more and more liberties with each season and with even Elio and Linda saying that these are good (even though in their opinionnot great) episodes people still talk of "butchering characters" and "mess". Seriously, get overyourselves.

This is a website dedicated to the books, with sub forums to talk about the show. Do you expect people who have read the books who have a problem with a characters portrayal in the show to not voice their opinion. Get over yourself, or whatever the fuck that means. Does that imply that those who criticize any aspect of anything ASOIAF related are into theirselves too much?

Did you actually listen to what Elio and Linda said in the video?

I don't think we said unequivocally that anything is a mess or butchered in those first three episodes. If we come up across something that really deserves a rant, don't worry, we'll rant. But right now, some of it is "wait and see", and some of it seems "Eh, acceptable," and some is perfectly all right.

No, I know you didn't, but you also expressed some concerns about the characterisation of some characters and going forward, although without spoilers they were a bit hard to put in context. But I was looking forward to your opinions on the screeners, so it was interesting anyway.

Well the fact that Lady Waynwood and Bronze Yohn are appearing this season and ST's comments in interviews that beyond Sansa's innocent facade she's been learning a few things, suggests to me we're going to see some politicking on her part this season...which is all for the good.

I really hope the reference to Doran means we DO see Dorne this season.

Well the fact that Lady Waynwood and Bronze Yohn are appearing this season and ST's comments in interviews that beyond Sansa's innocent facade she's been learning a few things, suggests to me we're going to see some politicking on her part this season...which is all for the good.

I really hope the reference to Doran means we DO see Dorne this season.

This season? We definitely would have heard of that by now.

^It means that we likely will see Dorne next year though. One way to do that would be to have Varys go there (perhaps after sailing with Tyrion for a time) and have him come up against Arianne's plans and maybe strike some sort of deal with Doran. It would work best with a known character and main cast member to introduce us and it really wouldn`t need more than five or six scenes to establish what we need to know for whatever happens between Faegon and Arianne later on.

Varys better disappears until he murders Kevan and Pycelle, just as the books. Conleth Hill (and Varys) has a life, he doesn't need to stand in the background all the time

I don't expect much of the Waynwood/Royce thing. If Lysa and Littlefinger marry at the Eyrie, they may only appear for the wedding, but I guess Harry the Heir will be mentioned, as well as the fact that the Bronze Yohn is pro-Stark and anti-Littlefinger.

Archived