How would you rate episode 402?

Ran

How would you rate episode 402?  

640 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

HELL YEAH!!! WHOO!! For me, the events that occurred in this episode were bigger than the Red Wedding when I read the books, and HELL YES, this episode totally did the book justice! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Someone said epic. RIGHT ON! Fantastic episode! Every actor stepped their game up. I felt nervous, because I didn't care for the season opener so much, but this episode has completely redeemed season 4 for me. I won't worry about how the rest of the season continues from here on out. =)

9 or 10. The War of the Five Kings with dwarves was completely unexpected for me and hilarious.The costumes and sets for the wedding were great too, and Jack Gleeson's acting was perfect. I'm also really looking forward to the recast Tommen.

Edited by Kaspiro

I liked the one last season, this one, for GRRM, not so much.

I remember thinking his episode last season was the worst of the entire season. So I'm no longer in the "Martin's episode will be the best" mindset.

Edited by Lord Godric

8 stannis couldn't call them traitors and they actually have done something wrong but no he says infidels cause they won't convert that ruined it for me.

its just so wrong....also he is having supper like whatever...." Yeah the wall...Im coming..."

The burning was not even to get a good wind to set sails.

Edited by Señor de la Tormenta

Another 8/10 for me.

Brienne being so friendly with Marg and the Tyrells seems very odd to me. The Tyrion and Shae scene was basically the same thing we've already seen several times before only with a new angle from Tyrion, and it was too long.

Other than that I loved it. Bran, Ramsay, Bronn and Jaime, the wedding, Oberyn; all great.

Edited by Er Rn

I was happy to see Boltons, Stannis, and Bran. I've seen people complaining there wasn't enough action before the wedding. That's because anything that happened before the wedding was gonna get overshadowed anyway.

This episode set up everything I'd hoped it would set up.

And can we talk about OBERYN'S FUCKING LINE TO TYWIN LIKE WHAT A STONE COLD STUPID BADASS YESSSSS.

Joffrey dying was so much more gruesome than I pictured.... It really, really unsettled me. To the point where I'm not even excited he's dead. I just wanted to puke. Once I come down from Jack Gleeson's wonderful acting (I'm gonna miss him!!!) I'll be happy that Joffrey is finally fucking gone.

its just so wrong....also he is having supper like whatever...." Yeah the wall...Im coming..."

The burning was not even to get a good wind to set sails.

I am surprised you guys aren't bringing up how it was Axell, or him keeping the seven.

I remember thinking his episode last season was the worst of the entire season. So I'm no longer in the "Martin's episode will be the best" mindset.

To be fair, I listened to Martin's audio commentary on his episode from the third season, and there were substantial portions that he didn't write. Some of his scenes were shifted to other episodes, and other writer's scenes dropped into his episode. As I believe that is pretty much standard for certain television shows, then I don't think we can put a lot of the blame on Martin if we feel his episodes aren't up to snuff.