How would you rate episode 402?

Ran

How would you rate episode 402?  

640 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

It was a bit choppy. Lena headey was terrific though. Gave it a 9.

jom

I agree. I actually felt Cersei's anguish when Joff died.

I need to watch the episode again before rating it I think, as I was so excited for the end when Joff dies the rest of the episode was a blurr. But the wedding was really well done, especially the end. The proper amount of super awkard drunk Joff vs Tyrion before Joffs death and Lena did a great, great job showing Cersei's pain.

Another 8/10 for me.

Brienne being so friendly with Marg and the Tyrells seems very odd to me. The Tyrion and Shae scene was basically the same thing we've already seen several times before only with a new angle from Tyrion, and it was too long.

Other than that I loved it. Bran, Ramsay, Bronn and Jaime, the wedding, Oberyn; all great.

I loved the episode, but I agree with you about how Brienne interacts with Marg/the Tyrells. I think Brienne has played on odd part for all of season 4 so far though. I don't know what your thoughts were with episode 1 of this season, but Brienne's scenes have seemed very awkward (for lack of a better word) to me.

Not sure if I like new Tommen. He's too old. Anyone know why they replaced him?

Pretty solid episode. Not sure what they are doing to Stannis' story. Enjoyed Bran's scene. Unsure of why they had the Brienne/Cersei conversation... are we supposed to believe that Cersei is jealous of Brienne or something? Wedding was pretty well done, shot really well and all the costumes/props and stuff were really nice. Jack's performance was top notch, per usual. Going to miss his acting on GoT.

Not sure if I like new Tommen. He's too old. Anyone know why they replaced him?

Pretty solid episode. Not sure what they are doing to Stannis' story. Enjoyed Bran's scene. Unsure of why they had the Brienne/Cersei conversation... are we supposed to believe that Cersei is jealous of Brienne or something? Wedding was pretty well done, shot really well and all the costumes/props and stuff were really nice. Jack's performance was top notch, per usual. Going to miss his acting on GoT.

yep...why wont he bang hot Margery? Are they making him gay? And how a bigger boy can be so manipulated by cersei? We are losing all his good kittens, outlaw beets, etc scenes. Edited by Señor de la Tormenta

Charles Dance is just an awsome Tywin Lannister..... his scene with the Red Viper was epic......setting the groundwork for whats to come.....and again they're white washing Stannis......but Geoffrey's death was worth the wait .....and Jaimie's concern for the king is meh....he doesn't really give two shits in the books about him .....again the skipped on the neck clawing....lol

To be fair, I listened to Martin's audio commentary on his episode from the third season, and there were substantial portions that he didn't write. Some of his scenes were shifted to other episodes, and other writer's scenes dropped into his episode. As I believe that is pretty much standard for certain television shows, then I don't think we can put a lot of the blame on Martin if we feel his episodes aren't up

to snuff.

well stated...you beat me to it

He'd said he didn't even know about the changes until he saw the show. He asked whether it was done in editing etc..

I gave it a 9.

Jack killed his death scene. Though some stuff was over the top, the episode was also very subtle.

Tyrion and Joff were outstanding at the wedding, I did not mind the Viper and Cers scene, I rather enjoyed it, I don't really recall the Viper being all that subtle to begin with. Jaime and Bronn I thought worked, I am always ok with more Bronn, thought Mel and Dragonstone was really interesting. Though I sure could use a little Jingle bell rock. Brans vision was great, and I enjoyed the brief scene we got. Theon and Ram were great, I don't really have a complaint.

I just really enjoyed the episode and there were subtle clues I think people are missing, that Martin dropped in there, going to watch it again and look it's starting. Da da da da Da da da da.

I gave it an 8. The end scene was a solid 10 and I had so many chills, and some of the stuff before the wedding was great too ... but Team Dragonstone felt completely out of place in this episode. Loved, loved, loved everything with the Boltons. The Bran scene was alright. I got super excited over the visions bit if only because we haven't had hardly ANY ... but really, they didn't even reveal that much save for the dragon shadow over the Red Keep.

Oberyn vs. The Lannisters = GOLD. When Oberyn got his final "murdering women and children" line in, I was like "BOOM."

And of course ... the Wedding. They did such a fantastic job of building the tension with Joffrey and Tyrion. And focusing on Sansa's grief as they mocked her brother was a nice little added touch. I have to also say Lena Headey was in fine form for this episode. I love that we are truly starting to see small bits of her paranoia as well as the whole Queen vs. Former Queen Regent dynamic.

One of the most satisfying ends to an episode ever.

+ Oberyn/Ellaria vs Tywin/Cersei

+ Jamie and Bronn

+ Queen of Thorns

+ Well executed Wedding

+ No Danny

+ Stannis sticking up for Shireen

- Tyrion/Shae

- Another step towards religious fanaticism for Stannis.

I was also hoping for "Don't make me rue the day..." from Roose but I guess there is still time.

8/10

Edited by Gannicus

I give it a 8 and think it was generally satisfying. Better than the RW.

I was hoping it would be more chaotic and that Joffrey would be more

foaming at the mouth making a fool of himself crazy. The Queen of

Thorns & Oberyn were very good.

Jaime/Bronn was good.

Cersei/ Brienne scene. WTF?

Fat Walda! Hopefully, Ramsay won't kill her. She's one of the less

odious Freys and harmless. The actor that plays Roose is very good.

Mel/Shireen scene, blah. Not sure where they're going with Selyse.

But I doubt they hired a name actress like Tara Fitzgerald to just

be unpleasant boring book Selyse.