How would you rate episode 403?

Ran

How would you rate episode 403?  

629 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

They Twin/Oberyn scene was the best of the episode.....the Sam scenes were blahhhh.....I would have liked to have seen the scene where Littlefinger tells Sansa about the true poisner of Geoffry....Aria scenes were also very blehhhh.....and too bad they cut out the big Eunich....

I must be like the ONLY one who likes Sam

Liked the new Daario, except for when he peed

Littlefinger is so pervy, but that's awesome

Dany was good, Jon was good

Not a fan of the Jamie/Cersei scene

Oberyn still comes off as Meh to me

Tywin is beast as per ush

It looks like Margaery didn't know of the plot and Olenna is awesomely Awesome

Davos is too good for Stannis (even though I totally ship them)

Also, yay Shireen in another episode!

Tommen is better like this for me

Laughed at Aryas "you're the biggest ****" to the Hound

Used to love Arya series 1, hated her 2+3, now love her again, strange

I love Pod, and liked Tyrions wittiness

Wildling attack was Amazing, still love Tormund

I think that's pretty much the episode, haha

Edited by RenlyTheOneTrueKing

8/10

It was a solid episode throughout, but not much stood out as outstanding either. I didn't much like Sam's scenes, but that's about it for my complaints.*

Yeah, the Sam scenes. The second one wasn't so bad, but the first one was hard to get through.

I thought it was awesome. Enjoyed it more than episode 2 actually. I feel like they've finally figured out how to accurately pace each episode. If the rest of the episodes are like the first three this season will turn out to be the best by far.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

A 9, I really cracked at Arya and the Hound scene with the stew.

I actually found myself asking what had Davos figured out, couldn't relate the Bank of Braavos loan that early in the story.

I'm not sold into the Gilly in Mole Town story, but well, she can't be around in the Battle of Castle Black.

New Daario is ok, but not super cool like Daario should be. Total hottie either way.

Olenna and Tywin were superb, specially Papa Lannister educating Tommen over a yet not so cold Joffrey corpse.

*Except one. I don't usually have any issues with the show's production designs, but it looked embarrassingly warm and sunny during the wilding raid. What happened to winter? If it weren't the Starks' words, viewers could be forgiven for thinking winter already came and went and now its early summer.

Where I live, in winter, if we have a polar wave, the polar winds clear up the sky. Those sunny days are usually the coldest ones.

edit spell

Edited by Baltan

Also, I think the pacing is the best its ever been. The writing seems to be more confident and everything just flows seamlessly. Usually the first few episodes are the worst, so the fact that I have really enjoyed the episodes thus far should mean good things for later in the season.

7/10. The best scene by far was Tywin quizzing Tommen -- THAT is the right kind of deviation. It perfectly established the kind of thoughtful, positive counterpart Tommen will be to Joff, and Dance killed it as usual. Excellent scene.

Shame it was followed by, uh, that.

Edited by Jamie Lannister

boojam,

Eh? Juggernaut? She's stuck besieging the place for a good long stretch, almost gets killed, and discovers one of her most trusted advisors has been selling her out. She's not that much of a juggernaut in ASoS.

I liked the Cersei/Jaime scene in teh sept, but it was definitely creepy. Was really excited to see Sansa reunite with Littlefinger, but the scene ended up flat for me...not sure why. And why did he throw the necklace into the boat with Dontos? Doesn't Sansa still have the hairnet in the book - seems like that could be important! I really thought Margaery might be in on the poisoning, but this made it seem like she didn't know at all. Sam scenes WERE boring...we know, you LOVE her, just get on with it. Also not sure I'm going to like the trip up to rout out the Craster rebels...seems unnecessarily risky! I gave it a six, maybe I should change it to a seven.

I give it a 6 until I re-watch it. The dialogue wasn't engaging in most of the scenes. A lot of the acting felt kind of off. The way Jaime was handled really, really bothered me. New Daario just doesn't work for me so far. Margaery not being involved in the murder was disappointing to me.

The good things: Seeing Grenn again. The episode actually managing to shock me with the scene of the wildling massacre. The Hound/Arya are a pleasure to watch. Cersei in the very beginning of the episode was good.

ETA: Was gonna give it a 5, but I bumped it up to a 6 for Shireen<3

Edited by shiola

Forgot to mention that I hate, with every inch of my being, the TV version of Littlefinger. I can hardly stomach his stupid, skeevy, breathy voice. To me, there's nothing compelling or interesting or intelligent about him at all.

6, it was ok, nothing stood out, except I felt the acting was a bit over the top all around. It felt more melodramatic than dramatic to me. Oberyn keeps doing the same thing, raise chin, stare, cock head to the side a bit make a quip. Not really sure if that was Stannis panic but he never seems to have the answer to anything. Dink is pushing his accent to hard, it's like he is speaking to children all the time. Sort of incest rape, a lot of Sam not doing much, a little of Jon being broody but not much else. The Wildlings, I am going to eat mommy and daddy, yes I know your so bad and scary, you can't act but so scary, really. Oh god and little finger elongating every word he could. Speaking of bad acting Tywin and Tommen what was that? It was like some dark version of school house rocks. Arya and the hound came off almost like a comedy schtick to me, meet the Odd couple. I thought the gate to Meereen was the best part in terms of production and melodrama, Dany has always been a bit melodramatic, so fit right in with her.

Drama or Soap Opera can be a fine line at times, I don't think D&D would know a fine line if they tripped over it, probably hit it with a sledge hammer like most things if they did. I don't mind the changes, or anything, just thought the acting, themes, and plot were a bit off tonight, and I didn't find much interesting in the episode.

Drama or Soap Opera can be a fine line at times, I don't think D&D would know a fine line if they tripped over it, probably hit it with a sledge hammer like most things if they did. I don't mind the changes, or anything, just thought the acting, themes, and plot were a bit off tonight, and I didn't find much interesting in the episode.

Ellaria Sand probably bothers me the most. Her acting is like something from a bad telenovela. JMO.

8.. on par with the last few weeks and pacing was good, felt it ramping up to the ending bits..

Tyrion/Pod

2nd half of Arya/Sandor

Night's Watch stuff (Sam/Gilly felt like it dragged along but what can ya do)

Tywin/Tommen conversation - very Socrates'esque as a friend of mine pointed out.

Mereen - just the scope of it felt very grand compared to seasons past and I enjoyed that despite my not being the biggest fan of that story

Edit; How could I forget Dontos/Sansa/LF - seems we'll get more into the 'necklace' next week.

All highlights for me..

Will save the cons for nitpicking thread..

Edited by Daenerys Must Die