How would you rate episode 403?

Ran

How would you rate episode 403?  

629 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I HATE HBO!!!!

THIS IS WORST THAT THE STANNIS BUTCHERY JAMES RAPERY TYRION WHITEWHASHERY CERSEI VICTIMIZATION!

I give the episode a 5.

Wait, I already voted.

Lets see how they handle Shae. She is not the bitch she was in the books. This could only look darker than in the books.

Daenerys however, stays as whitewashed, supercool and badass as ever.

7. It wasn't bad or anything... it was like Sam trying to start a fire. Sparks and all, but no fire at the end of the day.

I don't get why people say Emilia Clark can't act. I don't see how she's any worse than Sophie Turner or Lena Headey. I'm just fine with her.

The Gilly filler was way too long and absolutely pointless in every possible way. How could Gilly possibly be more safe in a town where people go whoring all the time with nobody to protect her than at Castle Black among people sworn to celibacy whose majority would even protect her (including Sam, Aemon, Jon, Pyp, Grenn and Edd)??? That's -1 in itself.

Boobs - check, deaths - check, Charles Dance being awesome - check, humor - check... but overall it was still just one big Meh.

Turncloak, you probably want to put all that about Craster's in spoiler tags. That's a rather detailed giveaway for upcoming episodes!

I'll give it an 8.5, rounded down to 8 because 9 is pretty much the highest score I give. Really enjoyed this episode. Not quite as good as the first episode this season (although I may have been rating that a bit higher simply because it was great to see new episodes again), but just as good as last week's. An excellent start to the season.

Liked Jamie/Cersei because it was disturbing. As Bald Move pointed out in their instant podcast, this episode was wonderful at undercutting expectations. Oh, so you like Ygritte and Tormund? Watch them kill villagers. Like the Hound now? Watch him beat up someone and steal his gold. Like Jamie? Watch him rape his sister.

I'm very curious what King's Landing is going to be like next season with, um, only Cersei? Oh, and Tommen and the Tyrells I guess. It's not going to be the same.

Enjoyed Sam and Gilly, although I can see why people think those scenes are a bit slow.

Like many others, I'm glad to see Jon Snow becoming an interesting character. Plus the interplay between him and Alliser is great.

Not entirely fond of whatever happened with the sound mix this time. There were a bunch of lines I had to replay to catch.

Is Daenerys channelling some kind of Italian thing when she speaks Valyrian?

Pod and Tyrion fantastic. I'm curious how he's going to wind up with Brienne.

By far my biggest gripe: Littlefinger's voice. I know the guy can act, so what is going on with his voice in this show?! Minor gripe: while the payoff of Oberyn asking Tywin if he wanted a seat was great, I'm not sure it was worth just how long the preceding scene was.

Also gave it a 7. Sam and Gilly scenes were just in the way of a better episode and pulled it down. I would have much rather heard more from Edd and ??? Grenn?? Name slips me right now.

Did not like Jaime/Cersei scene. Would have made more sense for Cersei to use her feminine "weapons" to try to get Jaime to kill Tyrion and Sansa. They made it look like a rape, when in the book it was not.

Did not like Jaime/Cersei scene. Would have made more sense for Cersei to use her feminine "weapons" to try to get Jaime to kill Tyrion and Sansa.

There's a strong possibility she did try that - that she started kissing him, then turned away, using that refusal as a weapon to make him kill Tyrion. And Jaime decided he would have none of that - hence the "hateful woman" line, his acknowledgement and indeed realization of how she's trying to control him. That's how I read the first part of that scene, although of course there are other ways to interpret it.

7. It wasn't bad or anything... it was like Sam trying to start a fire. Sparks and all, but no fire at the end of the day.

I don't get why people say Emilia Clark can't act. I don't see how she's any worse than Sophie Turner or Lena Headey. I'm just fine with her.

The Gilly filler was way too long and absolutely pointless in every possible way. How could Gilly possibly be more safe in a town where people go whoring all the time with nobody to protect her than at Castle Black among people sworn to celibacy whose majority would even protect her (including Sam, Aemon, Jon, Pyp, Grenn and Edd)??? That's -1 in itself.

Boobs - check, deaths - check, Charles Dance being awesome - check, humor - check... but overall it was still just one big Meh.

I agree with you that Emila Clark is a decent actress, however, please don't compare her to Lena Headey. Lena is an amazing actress. EC could never humanize Cersei the way Lena has.

A strong 8. I liked Tywin's interference into Cersei's grief and his history lesson. The birds and bees lesson he started giving to Tommen was hilarious. So, nice outside the book dialogue writing. Also, useful for the viewers who haven't read the books. Since you can, pls tell D&D to stop playing pranks with book readers. Trailer for episode number 3 was suggesting that Gilly and Sam were on their way to somewhere else, but Moletown (no spoilers here). My heart stopped there for a second. I'm not sure why D&D decided to expand Gilly&Sam arc, but since I love Sam, I think that's fine. Dragonstone was an interesting out of book context that will tie up well with the book in the end. Kudos for Littlefinger/Sansa scene. Gillen was as creepy as humanly possible without being menacing. The only big objection is portrayal of Jaime's behavior in the sept. I don't think it's character consistent and useful at all. Hence, 8 out of 10.

Edited by Modesty Lannister

Gets a 9 from me. Loved it!

The beginning (Sansa's escape) was good, well edited.

The Tywin-Tommen interraction was pretty cool.

The Cersei rape scene didn't shock/bother me since I don't really care about Jamie and his character development, neither in the book nor in the show, so...whatever. Jamie could have killed a puppy in this episode, I wouldn't have cared.

The Dornish orgy. Gods bless the Martells for providing us the sex scenes this season! (I can only imagine how Arianne's introduction next season will be...) And then the Tywin-Oberyn dialogue (Tywin's badass moment #2 for this episode). I remember how last summer many people here worried that Pedro Pascal didn't look Dornish enough or that he couldn't convey Oberyn's badassery. LOL!! Pedro is perfect for this role imo.

The wildling attack was scary but awesome at the same time. (Although I did chuckle when the big bad Styr said "mama" and "papa". I doubt those words would exist in the Common Language, let alone a wildling know them or use them. But it was funny.) Also, it reminded me a bit of a scene from Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers.

Arya and the Hound are hilarious.

The Meereen scene was quite amazing as well (and it didn't even have dragons!!). Unlike the old Daario, the new Daario can act and is better looking. At least now I can understand Dany being attracted to him. Dany delivering a speech in High Valyrian is always a plus. And attacking the city with the collars of the former slaves was a nice twist (I don't remember that being in the books?...). Talk about saving the best for last.

The ending was perfect.

Overall, episode 3 was infinitely better than episode 2 (which was an absolute bore - save for the ending - and all over the place. I didn't even bother rating that one since I didn't know how to rate it.) and as good as episode 1 as far as I'm concerned. I only gave it a 9 because the Sam-Gilly scene went nowhere, the Lannisters kept interrupting the hot Dornish sex scenes (just like in episode 1) and because there were no dragons.

4 for me... I slightly liked the Dany scene but I see what you mean about how they've turned her into this one note character that keeps giving off these speeches. Belwas will be missed but Naharis (>_> BROWN haired Naharis) did good, I salute.

I'm surprised so many people love the wildling scene, it was bad ass in its own odd way but as a book reader, knowing what the Thenns are really like and what the Magnar of Thenn, Styr is really like- it's painful watching them being degraded into wild, savage cannibals. Aren't the Thenns in the books supposed to stand out amongst the wildlings because they're much more civilized than most free folk ?!

Jaime raping cersei was painful to watch, I mean... What hell, D&D?

I just didn't like this episode. Mereen looked amazing btw, though if they have enough money to pull those kinds of environments off- why didn't they just go all the way and make the pyramids colourful or give the mereenese their insane hairstyles?

Ahh, I maybe give it a 5 at best, all in all

Seven seems fair. It's a transition episode so I wasn't really expecting anything, but I feel like the ending could have been waaaay better. It just fell flat on it's face.

I have to agree. It was hard to follow the last 2 shows this week. The show started out great, & moved along very well. Like many others until Sam stuff just fell way short ( meanwhile the Wall other business was good). I have been so over dani for the past 2 seasons it isn't even funny. Her Birth right Blah Blah Blah. JM even told her that her family came over & took the throne from that king, not unlike Robert B. Who ever gets there & wins it, it belongs to them until the next.

But, her Mother of Dragons & her birthright speeches has turned me off. & I think that, is what suppose to happen. She seems to be getting full her herself( Which is what a King/Queen usually does). But, without the killing of children, she seems to have the Targ mental issues, just to a lessor scale right not.

As for the rest. My Fav of course: Tyrion & Pod. Good God, I started to tear up. I know come next week I will probably be in full Crying mode :(. Him sending pod away because he knows that Pod too is also in danger of getting killed because of him. He is truly alone ( except for Jamie), I think with the show they may have fixed a problem for me from the books. A certain person turns on him from out of no where & for no reason. Now, with the show you can see why they turn on him. The Jamie & Cersi thing Eh, whatever. At least we did not see her MB. I did not know what to make of it. She kept saying no & this isn't right however, she was hugging & kissing & such. Again, whatever. Tywin, Mr. Badass. He knows that Kings Landing & His family is in much trouble & needs help. In order to get that help he must give up his PET. I also , loved the fact that he stepped right in & took over Tommen from Cersi ( being that she did such a wonderful job with Joffrey). I think that Sansa is finally opening her eyes, but she still doesn't see. Finally we get to see some WW action come next week.

In the end, I don't think that there will be any Iron Throne

Edited by Panther2000

i liked the wildling attack and littlefingers accent changed, its creepier noww an 8 for me

I agree. Super creepy. Sansa needs to wise up. You'd think by now she would have learned...something....anything. Ugh. I hope she kills him and grows a few brain cells. Am I the only one who would love to see Sansa and Tyrion wind up together?