How would you rate episode 404?

Ran

How would you rate episode 404?  

678 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

• 3 weeks later...

This was my favorite episode so far this season, like come on Ser Pounce was in it! In all seriousness though pretty good episode with a lot of interesting material that I'm happy to have on the show that tied in nicely with the books. The whole Others thing at end was... Interesting I guess I'm not sure how I feel about it. Horse guy potentially coldhands?

Hmm I'm really not liking where the Bran story I'd going. It seems as though they altered it to make him seem relevant, but that might come back to bite them. Either that or it ends up being a small detour as Ghost and Summer free them. Still, not a fan of it.

Decent episode otherwise. And Craster's sons...become Others. I wasn't expecting to find that out from the show.

- Daenerys "evil" moment was rushed. Like a visit to the ass doctor. Something that it so evident D&D dont want to do.... I belive it was shorter than all Stannis evil moments. Even the last one.

- Dont like the butterfly effect of Bran and Jon story.

- Book spoiler area grows bigger and bigger....now we know were WW come from.

- Older Tommen cast switches a childish lovely character to one likely gay or dumb.

- Cartoonish evil guys in Crasters.

Its a 4.

Edited by Señor de la Tormenta

Best episode of 4th season to me. Brienne and Pod seem to have a nice chemistry. Little finger being awesome telling Sansa about his plot to murder Joff using the Tyrell's motto Growing strong. They changed Bran's part and nothing to complain, that was pretty nice and I have the felling that they might still introduce coldhands. I didn't like Jon knowing about Bran's whereabouts tho, that was the only thing Sam didn't blurt out to everyone in the books. And now everybody knows what the WW do with Craster's baby, I never thought that they would have some kind of WW touch. Oo' People who haven't read the books are always complaining about spoilers and now book readers just got one.

Edited by Prince_of_ice_and_fire

I thought it was rather uneventful save for Darth Maul showing up at the end, which was... weird. I figured that's what they were doing with the boys, but it felt a bit odd for them to show it.

I'm interested to see what they're going to do with Bran and co with Jon headed in their direction.

10/10 love it, Bryan Cogman did it again.

My only complain is that Jaime/Brienne was too short, but still amazing episode

Ser Pounce FTW

Jon knowing Bran is north, good change, I always though it was idiotic for Sam no to tell him

And the WW, we all suspect something like that is what happened to Craster's child, but why did the great other wear clothes? :P

Edited by franko99

Very good episode. The book deviations in the north are a bit contrived, but i think its working so far. They did a good job of building up the tension in that story line. I liked the KL stuff also. The Jaime stuff is presented as if nothing unusual happened last episode, which tells me they totally failed to convey what they thought in the rape scene. If you pretend the scene happens as it did in the books it all works.

How is this show uneventful? Things are happening that haven't even happened in the books, and we got glimpses into the future perhaps.

Dont mind the changes, it's the tv show, creative license and all.

The fact we have the direwolves back and looking big and mean is great. Not sure how they'd be captured so easily though. They are going to be big trouble for the mutineers soon.

Strong 8 bordering on 9. I like that they had Dany at the beginning to get her out of the way. I hate it when you look the clock and realize that it's 45 minutes past the hour and you just know they're going to close out with Emilia making some boring diatribe with that stupid smug look on her face...

The violent stuff at Craster's was pretty lame, IMO. I hate caricatures like Karl who are evil for no reason other than 'because they're evil'. GRRM knows how to build a true character, D&D still have no freaking clue.

Everything outside of Dany and Craster's was top-notch.

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL. 9/10 because 10 is reserved for the Baelors and Blackwaters.

The ONLY gripes I have are...

- Why did the slaves write "KILL THE MASTERS" in the Common Tongue?? Unless Grey Worm wrote it?

- Where did Dany get that giant dragon banner?

Everything else was either good or PERFECT.

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL. 9/10 because 10 is reserved for the Baelors and Blackwaters.

The ONLY gripes I have are...

- Why did the slaves write "KILL THE MASTERS" in the Common Tongue?? Unless Grey Worm wrote it?

- Where did Dany get that giant dragon banner?

Everything else was either good or PERFECT.

That might be just "English for the viewers benefit". Not uncommon...like how they're speaking English in Valkrye, which takes place in Nazi Germany.