How would you rate episode 404?

Ran

How would you rate episode 404?  

678 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I think I'm over the show, after the rape last week and then this week which I could barely watch, it's not holding my attention at all anymore.

Also why did they have to have both Littlefinger and Olenna explicitly spell out poisoning Joffrey? it was made quite clear in the last two episodes and was pretty clear if implicit in the books.

Settling on a 9.

Didn't hate anything, but still disappointed with Aiden Gillen's portrayal of Littlefinger.

Everything at the Wall is being done really well, and I like the mutineers arc.

Also thought they nailed Dany's bit (pun not intended).

The final scene more intrigued me than anything else. Looking forward to see whether they take it any further.

One thing kinda irritated me, it's really a small thing and I'm definitely nitpicking, but when Olenna says "back when marrying Targaryens was all the rage", I don't like the "all the rage" line, not fitting for the show at all.

Great episode, though I don't like Bran being/getting captured at Craster's and I don't like them sending Jon to Craster's either. Other than that... that ending!

I thought the exact same thing. That sounded like something a parody show making fun of a middle ages show would say.

Great episode gave it a 8.

Would have been a 9 if they didn't have Jon know about Bran, fucks too much up for the future. Also not a fan of Jojen being dumb enough to all them to get so close to Crasters that they could get captured that easily.

I thought the exact same thing. That sounded like something a parody show making fun of a middle ages show would say.

Great episode gave it a 8.

Would have been a 9 if they didn't have Jon know about Bran, fucks too much up for the future. Also not a fan of Jojen being dumb enough to all them to get so close to Crasters that they could get captured that easily.

To be fair that line was used in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. When Ron's dad was talking to Harry about the disappearing cabinets he said they were all the rage back when you know who was in power.

Maybe it's because I started watching the show first and read the books later but I don't mind the deviations in this episode. Particularly with Bran whose story line isn't too interesting in the books and I am hoping Bran and Jon get to meet to each other.

The last 5 minutes were totally WTF but I loved it. If the show wants to spoil me on WoW stuff, go ahead.

Great episode. 9/10

To be fair that line was used in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. When Ron's dad was talking to Harry about the disappearing cabinets he said they were all the rage back when you know who was in power.

I guess, but sometimes I just laugh at things that aren't meant to be laughed at. Like last episode with Danny talking only slightly loud, yet everyone in Mereen could hear what she was saying. She was far enough away where arrows couldn't make it to her, but close enough to be able to talk and have people behind walls hear her.

I ended up giving it a three. The worst episode of the series so far, IMO.

I didn't mind the small deviations from the books that occurred in King's Landing.

I really liked the scene with Margaery in Tommen's bedroom. Ser Pounce was nice, but I'd have liked the scene without seeing him.

I even thought that the changes to the Mereen plot added quite a bit. Getting the slaves to assist in their own liberation was a tactically sound thing to do.

Up to the last 10 minutes or so I'd have given it an 8 or so.

I hated, hated, hated all the changes that they made at and north of the wall.

The show just crossed the Rubicon there and torched the bridge behind it.

SO MANY desperately negative negatives there, I don't even know where to begin.

I just think they made some very bad choices that they're going to regret sooner rather than later.

It bodes ill for the rest of the season, and the rest of the TV series in total.

They're going to have to perform a miracle to pull this one out of the fire.

Straight 8 from me.

I'm not too sure where the whole Bran/Jon/Locke/mutineers arc is gonna end up.

The scene between Margaery & QoT wasn't the best, I don't like how they're basically spelling everything out, not leaving any room for speculation.

Again, Natalie Dormer is too old for me, It just makes me uncomfortable to see her interact with Tommen. Was there really no other actress, one at least 8 years her junior.

A solid 9 for me. SO much was unexpected/different from the books that by the end I was on the edge of my seat, dying to know what will happen next week. Must be how the non-readers feel after each episode. I liked the divergence from the books, for the most part.

* good to see Sansa wiseing up and telling it like it t-i-is. Littlefinger is so creepy.

* nice to see Bronn advocating for Tyrion

* loved the Jaime/Brienne scene . . . Is this no spoilers? Just in case

I can NOT wait to find out what happens with them after Brienne is almost hung by unCat, then goes to get Jaime.

* glad we're seeing more Grey Worm - budding romance with Missandri?

* Tommen is just too cute - eyes big as saucers and obviously loving every minute of Margaery.

* as someone else posted earlier, so glad we got Dany out of the way at the beginning. I'm already sick of her and we've just entered Meereen. The worst is yet to come. But I really liked Barristan Selmy's reaction to her rejection of mercy.

* is there anyone better than Pod?

* there's still hope for CH, but I also hope Jon and Bran get to see each other. Those Poor Starks.

* the Land of Always Winter?

isn't that where Bloodraven lives? And aren't TCOTF thought to be around there somewhere?

* lots happening! and happening so fast. I'm loving it.

I should add I don't really dislike giving Jon something to do. But the seams are showing in the story construction to get everything there at the same time in a very clumsy way.

Personally I'd have preferred having better logic for why Bran might be at Craster's Keep (seriously, looking for friendly wildlings?) and maybe to have Jon simply stick to the mutineer idea without having a thought to Bran possibly being there. Let Locke go with him just because he hopes it'll make Jon trust him more, so he can kill him more easily.

I think they ran into problems trying to figure out why Sam wouldn't tell Jon about Bran. But Jon does know on the show, and it sort of felt like he was looking for an excuse to look for Bran plus I think it's more wishful thinking. Also I thought that was why Locke was going with him, and I did think it was primarily to kill the rouge watch.

It does sort of make sense for Bran to be there. Though Jon must of healed from those arrows really quickly, Bran must have been north of the wall for weeks now. Without Coldhands those I am not sure what is guiding Bran. But he did get close to Crasters in the books. I am actually curious to see where this goes, it''s hard to gauge the direction a bit but I don't mind surprises, which this episode had plenty of. I can't say if it is good or bad for the show yet, but I do find it interesting which is better than uninterested.

This ep was worst.

Why they showed the sack of meeren n stuff in such a fast pace?. I mean they could have split d whole fuckin meeren story n freeing thing in at least 2 episodes going in much depth on slavery n master n cruelty in meeren n then Danys entry in city in much stylish way. I would rather watch Spartacus for slave stuff. This is tasteless n insult to martins books.

It makes show tasteless when u don't give good timeline gap to the series of events.

How d fuck Locke reached to d wall so fast. Y did cersei didn't react to Jamie after she got raped as if nothing happened.

Jamie n tyrion scene could have been much deeper.

Sansa asking Lf "' where r we goin ?" as if she doesnt know where Lf taking her? I mean wtf happened to writer of this show ? Why they goin with such ordinary shtty writing?

Why Jon is not angry on Sam after he learn that bran is beyond d wall. Y didn't he ask sam wat was dat silly reason for bran to go north n why did Sam let his little bro to go such dangerous place? Y didn't he ask about rickon n remembered him n for a sec ? No sadness n no worries on jons face. At least show writer should have made Sam to keep it secret n shuld have shown samwell dying to tell Jon about his little bro but he couldn't coz of his promise to bran.

Karl n rast r not leaving any good impression on this show that they r real assholes n evil bastards.

Scenes of dis ep are made just for sake n not of memorable kind the one u will not remember for long.

1 of 10: Reason -- no lower options

The first scene was a bit iffy, but I liked the KL scenes for the rest of the first half, but the last half (the North) was as bad (or worse) than Season 2.

Seriously, I can't see us getting less than 1 hour total of completely invented/rewritten scenes, which means at least 10% of this season's total running time, and that's *not* counting scenes outside of the North.

1) Sam told Jon about Bran -- OFF SCREEN, even

2) Craster's Keep no-names doing no-name stuff

3) Bran & crew getting captured

What a waste of screen time.

FYI, I'm ok with Locke at the Wall (minus overhearing Bran) and the Craster reveal, but most of it was just complete garbage that does not substitute for actual (or implied) book material.

On the plus side, at this rate, we'll be done in six seasons with no real spoilers about how the last two *books* end.