[NO SPOILERS] Positive Nitpicking: What did you love about the episode?

shiola

Ser Duncan the Tall and Arthur Dayne!

Loved seeing Maester Aemon.

Oberyn was great.

Margaery and Olenna were great.

Arya and the Hound were great.

Jon was very much improved from the last two seasons.

The dragon cgi looked really cool.

The Dreadfort in the opening credits :devil:

I loved the episode, the best premiere after the first season IMO. But to list some of my favorite moments I have to go with the majority here: Oberyn and Tyrion, Jon scene and the great lines from Maester Aemon and of course the whole scene at the inn with the Hound and Arya. Ah, I also loved the scene of Dan and the dragons, of course.

They nailed Oberyn. His scenes told you everything you need to know abou him, dangerous, reckless, arrogant, graceful, sensual, and fearless. It woudl've been interesting to watch Oberyn interact with pre-Vargo Jaime, although I'm not sure if one scene could handle that much ego!

I also enjoyed seeing this episode pull together events from each of the first three seasons (Ned's beheading, blackwater, red wedding), the writers did a great job of illustrating the gravity of all of these events and the shift in power from the Baratheons and Starks (counting Joffrey as a Lannister) to the Lannisters.

The first scene was excellent. Really atmospheric, and the theme change from Stark to Lannister was well done.

Oberyn is very good. People here seemed to be worried about him, but he seems to have nailed the character so far. The positive aspect of the show is that we'll see more of him than just the few scenes he's in with Tyrion in the books.

I liked that they're trying to bring in mentions of other characters from the background: Elia and Rhaegar, as well as Arthur Dayne. While it's impossible for it to be as vast as the books, the show does a great job at showing the scope of this world.

The final scene was very good. Arya's murder of Polliver was quite chilling in the way she brutally stuck the sword into his throat, while methodically repeating his words. Different to the books where she seems more angry instead of cold, but still very good.

The statue of Joffrey was a nice touch- comical, yet anger invoking. And people say the Iron Throne needs to be destroyed....right after that damn statue. I really hope it pops up again and is smashed....maybe someone can behead the thing!

The hellish, waste land shot of the Riverlands at the end. It was symbolic that Arya was heading down a destructive and dark path.

The statue of Joffrey was a nice touch- comical, yet anger invoking. And people say the Iron Throne needs to be destroyed....right after that damn statue. I really hope it pops up again and is smashed....maybe someone can behead the thing!

The hellish, waste land shot of the Riverlands at the end. It was symbolic that Arya was heading down a destructive and dark path.

Maybe we can melt it down and turn it into a pair of smaller statutes of Arya and Bran.

*snicker*

Archived