Vikings 3: Eye-Stabbing as a means of social mobility

Talleyrand

Anyone see the promo for the next episode?

It looks like Ivar the Boneless is born. I wonder how they are going to play that out?

I haven't. Woo.

I have a question but I don't know where the spoiler option is, so I won't. Is the spoiler option done with a code tag?

Yeah, I've been a fan of theirs even before Vikings came around. But I think they produced these songs for the show only, and they probably wont release full-lenght ones for their albums and what-not. That's why the show's gotta release a soundtrack.

\o/

Actually most of their stuff in the show is just mixes of existing songs from both records. But a great deal of stuff from this season is off of Yggdrasil.

The songs used in the show are actually a part of the Wardruna's albums "Gap Var Ginnunga" (2009) and "Yggdrasil" (2013):

- "Fehu" - season one, episode 4 "Trial" (when Ragnar & Co. pillage the village)

- "Heima Thurs" - season one, ep. 9 "Sacrifice" (during Athelstan's mushrooms hallucinations) and season two, episode 7 "Blood Eagle" (during Jarl's Borg torture)

- "Bjarkan" - season two, episode 4 "Eye For An Eye" (when the Saxons crucify Athelstan)

- "Løyndomsriss" - season two, i don't remember which episode it was, but it's a background score for beheading scene involving Bjorn.

These are a couple of songs I recognise, I've heard they used "Helvegen" as well, although I'm not sure it's true. Also, the piece of music at the Floki's wedding was awesome, I wish someone tells what it is.

Oh, and "Vikings" OST has only Fever Ray's song and some background music, which is not Wardruna :frown5:

Episode 4 of this season saw a lot of "Ehwar" (Yggdrasil)

No they have not used Helvegen yet.

Gets me excited that people are getting into Wardruna through this show. My friend got me into them before i started watching the show.

\o/

Actually most of their stuff in the show is just mixes of existing songs from both records. But a great deal of stuff from this season is off of Yggdrasil.

Episode 4 of this season saw a lot of "Ehwar" (Yggdrasil)

No they have not used Helvegen yet.

Gets me excited that people are getting into Wardruna through this show. My friend got me into them before i started watching the show.

I recently got Yggdrasil on Amazon, and Helvegen is my favorite song from that album.

Okay, so is Princess G really the best bet in that family?

AND "Helvegan!"

Beat me to it. And they pretty much used the entire song. The Way to Hel. It particularly fit with Floki's talk of darker gods, since that's what Hel is.

Beat me to it. And they pretty much used the entire song. The Way to Hel. It particularly fit with Floki's talk of darker gods, since that's what Hel is.

Yep, and Flokki seems headed that way. Wait til he finds out its a rescue mission to get Athelstan back, lol.

Edit; Did that shit just happen?

Yep, and Flokki seems headed that way. Wait til he finds out its a rescue mission to get Athelstan back, lol.

Edit; Did that shit just happen?

Yes, it did, also I think Floki is still Ragnar's man. That look between them said a lot.

Yeah they used Helvegen. They also used a bit of Solringen (which the lyrics are in my sig) and that was awesome. Its my favorite song by Wardruna.

Also...Bitchy McNitpick here but thats hella weird context to use Helvegen. Thats a funeral song so...yeah weirdass context.

It particularly fit with Floki's talk of darker gods, since that's what Hel is.

Thats a cool catch and it does make some sense. But the song is about sending off the dead. Floki's talk of darker gods...i thought he was talking about Loki. He could be talking about Hel too (and for good reason. Hel is Loki's daughter) or even his own angries. Floki's anger makes a little more sense now but im still struggling with the real why. Floki did put a sock in Horik's mouth with "You think you can buy me with riches?" While Horik was all "Your ideas~~~" Floki was like "ORLY? Well..we'll see about that." If Floki is thinking of Loki as one of the "darker gods who haunt me" then..we have to keep an eye on him for he may go full on opportunist.

Princess G is...wow i cant even. Shes hella catty and annoying.

Ivar the Boneless happens and poor Ragnar cant bring himself to kill him. Getting a little tired of the Lagertha Getting Rape Threats Every Other Episode thing though.

Athelstan is facing another serious "battle" with his loyalties. He also got sorely tempted by the Princess. His time with Ragnar and pals taught him to appreciate bold women a great deal. But i think shes wayyyyy too bold for him. Good job, A-man in not going for it. (so far) That girl is POISON. Oiiiii....

Aethelwulf almost got his ass handed to him. By a kid. looooooool

Yeah they used Helvegen. They also used a bit of Solringen (which the lyrics are in my sig) and that was awesome. Its my favorite song by Wardruna.

Also...Bitchy McNitpick here but thats hella weird context to use Helvegen. Thats a funeral song so...yeah weirdass context.

And what is King Horiks "Mick Jagger-like" son up to?

I didn't catch the Solringen bit, where was it? Also, I don't know the words for Helvegen but it is a really haunting song.

The way Ragnar snatched at that bracelet....

Ragnar was like "omfg..." He misses his A-man.

I didn't catch the Solringen bit, where was it? Also, I don't know the words for Helvegen but it is a really haunting song.

When Lagertha rides back to her home with her shield maidens.

Thats a cool catch and it does make some sense. But the song is about sending off the dead. Floki's talk of darker gods...i thought he was talking about Loki. He could be talking about Hel too (and for good reason. Hel is Loki's daughter) or even his own angries. Floki's anger makes a little more sense now but im still struggling with the real why. Floki did put a sock in Horik's mouth with "You think you can buy me with riches?" While Horik was all "Your ideas~~~" Floki was like "ORLY? Well..we'll see about that." If Floki is thinking of Loki as one of the "darker gods who haunt me" then..we have to keep an eye on him for he may go full on opportunist.

Princess G is...wow i cant even. Shes hella catty and annoying.

Ivar the Boneless happens and poor Ragnar cant bring himself to kill him. Getting a little tired of the Lagertha Getting Rape Threats Every Other Episode thing though.

Athelstan is facing another serious "battle" with his loyalties. He also got sorely tempted by the Princess. His time with Ragnar and pals taught him to appreciate bold women a great deal. But i think shes wayyyyy too bold for him. Good job, A-man in not going for it. (so far) That girl is POISON. Oiiiii....

Aethelwulf almost got his ass handed to him. By a kid. looooooool

Yeah, I'd forgotten that like the Spartans, the Vikings exposed their children if they were weak.

And, methinks King Ecbert still has a little Saxon pagan in him.

The way Ragnar snatched at that bracelet....

Horik clearly does not desire peace with Ecbert and sent his son to do a bit of dirty work. I thought for a moment there that Ecbert's son was a dead man, but someone had to deliver word back about the northmen's treachery.

Yeah, I'd forgotten that like the Spartans, the Vikings exposed their children if they were weak.

And, methinks King Ecbert still has a little Saxon pagan in him.

Well in Ivar's case, if they were born broken. D:

Yeah Ecbert's sprinkling of that herb was not a Christian practice...

Horik clearly does not desire peace with Ecbert and sent his son to do a bit of dirty work. I thought for a moment there that Ecbert's son was a dead man, but someone had to deliver word back about the northmen's treachery.

Yarrrr

:lol: The episode where everyone wants a piece of Athelstan.

Also, perhaps Ecbert should have spent less time in the bath and more time working out if he's wanted to keep up with Princess G. . . at least do some water aerobics while he's in there . . .

Archived