Tansy

paulh_85

Jon Arryn was married thrice, yet he had no living children before Robert. Methinks his health is an issue here and getting older didn't help. That's not to say the moon tea didn't play a part as well.

However, in the end it doesn't matter what exactly caused the miscarriages, it's enough if Lysa in her grief and bitterness thought that the moon tea might have been the cause. It's likely that she blamed her father and Hoster knew that, hence his guilt-ridden fever mumblings.

Also, if the miscarriages were blamed on Jon, then it still means that Lysa was robbed of the one chance she might have had for a healthy child. Hoster comforted her with the promise of more children: "sweet sons and trueborn" - quess it didn't work out so well. :rolleyes: Plenty of reason for conflicted feelings here.

OT, but does anyone else have a trouble with figuring out Hoster Tully? At the first glance he's a sympathetic (if rigidly traditional) character and I get that he was acting within is rights as the society dictates them, but... argh. :bang: There's a bit of Randyll Tarly in him. Or Tywin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You guys seem to make a distinction between moon tea and tansy. I just lumped them together, ie like tansy is an ingredient in moon tea. Can you point me where it is in the books, I'm curious now :)

Edit: oh wait, it is a ingredient, but they put too much in. Still would be nice to see what chapter it is in. I guess I could not be lazy and search too.

Archived