Vary's true motive

Amber Jade

Varys fed Aerys's paranoia. Feeding it led to the Targaryens getting overthrown.

Barristan said the rot in Aerys's reign didn't begin until Varys came.

Barry is the most bias man I read, Varys told Aerys whatever halfass MOW would tell him the ,truth.

Barry is the most bias man I read, Varys told Aerys whatever halfass MOW would tell him the ,truth.

Most biased? Isn't that stretching it a bit given from what we hear in his POV? His job was to serve, and this man served Aerys his entire reign, and watched and observed.

Three heads of the dragon.

Hmm.

Define dragon.

:)

Perhaps we should be lookng at something like this:

http://www.thedailybrick.co.uk/wp/gallery/ninjago-autumn-2012-lego-sets/lego-ninjago-9450-epic-dragon-battle.jpg

Yes, Jon, Dany and Aegon are going to morph into one being like the Power Ranger's thing.

i still stand by, the three heads of the dragon do not pertain to riders, in fact, i see no one riding dragons other than dany riding drogon. not brown benn plumm, not anyone, not tyrion, nope.

buy the hype. Aegon's coming. The dragon has three heads (blackfyre/brightflame/targaryen), and Aegon is all three. For the realm.

What's a Brightflame again?

I'm still not sold on why would Varys be a Blackfyre supporter.

Also, what significance would be there in putting a Blackfyre on the Iron Throne if everyone still believed he was a Targaryen? Would that really be a Blackfyre triumph if nobody was to know about it?

Another question I've always had: if Aegon is a fake, why didn't they simply seal his legitimization right away, having him bethrothed and wed to Dany when they were both kids? Why wait until she was grown and strong and likely to refuse?

I'm still not sold on why would Varys be a Blackfyre supporter.

Also, what significance would be there in putting a Blackfyre on the Iron Throne if everyone still believed he was a Targaryen? Would that really be a Blackfyre triumph if nobody was to know about it?

Another question I've always had: if Aegon is a fake, why didn't they simply seal his legitimization right away, having him bethrothed and wed to Dany when they were both kids? Why wait until she was grown and strong and likely to refuse?

Aerion Brightflame, was mad, and drank a vile of wildfire, believing it would transform him into a dragon. He died madly, screaming for his own life as he combusted into flames. He owned a dragon egg, (gold/silver), and he had an unknown son that was passed over in his succession.

Now the son couldve has other descendents, etc, and if the cards played right, if the Blackfyres and those descended from Aerion united at some point along the way (a lot of people speculate Illyrio/Serra), and a theory is that Aegon is fake and actually Illyrio/Serra's son. This would give Aegon Blackfyre/Brightflame/Targaryen blood, the three bloodlines

In the first D&E tale (The Hedge Knight) the main antagonist is Aegon V's (aka Egg) older brother Aerion. His nickname is Aerion Brightflame. His offspring was passed over for the Kingship in favor off Aegon V. After that his trueborn son (and the bastards he might have left behind in Lys) vanished from the grid.

So, if we speak off a Brightflame we're talking about a descandant of Aerion Brightflame (technically they are still Targaryens, since Brightflame is no official House name. But to avoid confussion people call Aerion's decendants Brightflames).

This would give Aegon Blackfyre/Brightflame/Targaryen blood, the three bloodlines

Actually no. If you subscribe to that theory than Faegon has blood of the Blackfyres and of the Brightflame branch of the Targaryens. He does not have the blood of main branch Targaryens (Aegon V's decendants like Daenerys).

Actually no. If you subscribe to that theory than Faegon has blood of the Blackfyres and of the Brightflame branch of the Targaryens. He does not have the blood of main branch Targaryens (Aegon V's decendants like Daenerys).

This is where our opinions always differed too lmao. Respectfully, because i buy highly into brightfyre theory, Targaryen blood is always apparent in blackfyre and brightflame, it's the basis

If you mix black, and white, you get grey. it's still a base of white and black either way

if you think about it, if our theories are correct, Aegon would have more targaryen in him than from blackfyre and brightflame descent, because targ blood is included in both blackfyre and brightflame. the ratios would favor targaryen because it appears twice on both sides of black/bright, right?

No, I'm sorry to say this but their is a logic gap right there. If you say three heads of the dragons is Targaryen/Brightflame/Blackfyre blood than there has to be a distinction between the three.

In the Brightfire theory Faegon has blood of the Brightflames (Aegon IV -> Daeron II -> Maekar -> Aerion ->...) and the Blackfyres (Aegon IV -> Daemon Blackfyre ->...), but he has no blood of the Targaryens (Aegon IV -> Daeron II -> Maekar -> Aegon V ->...) unless you have Egg's third son marry into either of the two other branches.

Still, what interests me the most is, if Varys and Ilyrio are Blackfyre supporters, why would they settle for supporting a Blackfyre as a Targaryen? Makes little sense to me. The whole world would still believe it's ruled by Targs. Would simply knowing they did it suffice to let them die in peace?

And come to think of it, if Aerion was the older brother, then his descendants should have a better claim to the throne than those of Aegon V, right?

Aegon IV?

And this is all legitimate debating, not trolling or anything, and im enjoying this.

If everything is descended from Aegon IV, and Aegon IV is a targaryen, logically he has Aegon IV Targaryen blood in him, am i correct? Thus giving him legit targ blood

Still, what interests me the most is, if Varys and Ilyrio are Blackfyre supporters, why would they settle for supporting a Blackfyre as a Targaryen? Makes little sense to me. The whole world would still believe it's ruled by Targs. Would simply knowing they did it suffice to let them die in peace?

And come to think of it, if Aerion was the older brother, then his descendants should have a better claim to the throne than those of Aegon V, right?

through the years of conquest and such, iirc aerion wasnt the oldest either of all the brothers, that i could be wrong on though, id have to go through awoiaf to verify, but im pretty sure he wasnt the oldest.

Archived