Vary's true motive

Amber Jade

Example:

if A mates with B, they get C(A/B)

if A mates with D, they get E(A/D)

now, if C(A/B), mates with E(A/D), they get F(A/B/C/D/E)

genuinely, it would run like that, right?

granted, bloodlines would be diluted, but still, it's still within him? in fact, (A), is a constant, i would think since (A) repeats, it'd be more concentrated

Aegon IV?

And this is all legitimate debating, not trolling or anything, and im enjoying this.

If everything is descended from Aegon IV, and Aegon IV is a targaryen, logically he has Aegon IV Targaryen blood in him, am i correct? Thus giving him legit targ blood

You can't count Aegon IV as the Targaryen if you go for the Blackfyre/Brightflame/Targaryen trifecta, because you would lose the distinction between Targaryen and Brightflame, thus making the division into three heads obsolete. If you go for the Targaryen/Brightflame/BF as three heads deal than you have to start counting from where the branches seperate. Thus you count BF from Aegon IV, Brightflame from Aerion and Targaryen from Aegon V.

If you could somehow unite those three bloodlines than you could go for the Targaryen/Brightflame/Blackfyre are the three heads of the dragon deal. Faegon only unites Brightflame and Blackfyre.

You can't count Aegon IV as the Targaryen if you go for the Blackfyre/Brightflame/Targaryen trifecta, because you would lose the distinction between Targaryen and Brightflame, thus making the division into three heads obsolete. If you go for the Targaryen/Brightflame/BF as three heads deal than you have to start counting from where the branches seperate. Thus you count BF from Aegon IV, Brightflame from Aerion and Targaryen from Aegon V.

If you could somehow unite those three bloodlines than you could go for the Targaryen/Brightflame/Blackfyre are the three heads of the dragon deal. Faegon only unites Brightflame and Blackfyre.

i do believe we've come at a gentlemen's impass then, good sir. because blackfyres, and brightflames, are made from targaryens, thus containing the original line. which for me substantiates the third head, and i do recognize your point too, theoretically yes, however even diluted or halved blood, still contains the original sample

believe it or not, a healthy compromise, which would put all questioning at ease and to rest, would be if your Aegon (Blackfyre/Brightflame) were in fact to marry Daenerys Targaryen and create the Varys dreamchild he's always wanted, For the realm.

That would put our dilemma to rest

In your eyes that would make baby targaryen, 50% Targaryen, 25% Blackfyre and 25% Brightflame, and i think thats what your counting on, right? their dragonspawn would be the three headed?

in my eyes i think Aegon, already is that child, with a possible adjustment in the ratios to accomidate

Still, what interests me the most is, if Varys and Ilyrio are Blackfyre supporters, why would they settle for supporting a Blackfyre as a Targaryen? Makes little sense to me. The whole world would still believe it's ruled by Targs. Would simply knowing they did it suffice to let them die in peace?

It's all about blood with Illyrio. The man has made his disdain for Westerosi sigils and culture quite clear. What matters for him is blood (some contracts are written in blood). If he places his son on the IT, his bloodline wins.

On top of that there is the fact that Blackfyre was probably not meant to be a permanent surname anyway once the Rebellion broke out, there is no reason for a victorious Daemon to keep that name, so his decendants are probably not attached to it (perhaps they also feel that there is misfortune attached to the name).

And Varys has been a mummer for all his life. I don't think he really cares about names anymore. Especially since passing him off as a Targaryen is crucial for their success. If they could chose they would probably prefer to make hs true heritage known to the world, but then they would never succeed in planting his ass on the IT.

And come to think of it, if Aerion was the older brother, then his descendants should have a better claim to the throne than those of Aegon V, right?

Maekar's succesion was settled by a great council. Instead of appointing Aerion's trueborn son or Daeron's feeble witted daughter they chose to offer the Kingship to Aemon, who declined because of his position as a Maester and then the Lords offered the crown to Aegon V (which earned him the nickname the Unlikely).

The reason why they passed over Daeron's daughter is clear (she was feeble witted). We have to speculate about Aerion's son though. It was probably a combination of the fact that he was to young to rule the realm (and the BF across the Sea were still a very real threat) and the fact that everybody hated Aerion and no one wanted to risk his offspring to get a stab at the IT.

Still, technically Aerion's son was the true heir. That would explain part of the grudge that Varys holds against main line Targaryens, if he turns out to be a Brightflame decendant.

Archived