Football LXX - Chihuahuas Rising

Zoë Sumra

Pretty much anyone from Villa or below could get relegated. Villa, Swansea and WBA have quietly had such abject form that they've played themselves into relegation contention even as Sunderland, Fulham, Norwich and Cardiff have been cannon-fodder for most of the season.

Also don't see why Monreal started before Gibbs. But the fact is we haven't done enough with our possession or taken the odd chance that has been created.

Not sure if it's just me, but we seem to give away lots of penalties in crucial matches.

Gibbs has been injured. There is no reason Sanogo should still be on the pitch. He's shocking. Bring on Akpom. Fucking hell.

Phew. 5am, bedtime. Good play from Wigan, bad way to go out. I'm still annoyed at Arsenal for the way we played though.

On the plus side, we should have Koscielny and Ozil back for the final and Ramsey match fit.

Never in doubt though? I had a chance to get a ticket but passed it up, I'd like to think if I hadn't we would have lost. Didn't catch any of the first half, but it sounds like we had chances early on to score a couple. Sanogo might not be at the level yet, but he does try and I quite like him.

Edit: Certainly thought the game was fairly one sided, though Wigan were quite good on the ball and pressed us well for most of the game.

Watching that match it was hard to remember how thoroughly Arsenal were at the races in the first half of the season. Ah, well: plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose: Arsenal finding a way to cave again, albeit still with a decent trophy chance.

Fulham are only two points behind Norwich. One win should do it. Hope is the killer. Spurs? Hull? I don't much fancy the match at the Britannia. At least by the time we play Palace they should be safe.

..just for the record, since this is really exciting...

Everton today set a new club record for points in a PL season. With five games to go.

Great stuff :) Everton are a proper club and cannot be begrudged anything. Very pleased for you!

Archived