Crack Shipping

Olligarchy

She probably is, actually. I'd forgotten about this but it jumped out to me pretty early/shortly after reading ADWD. Stannis' assault didn't give her time for her usual cup of (Moon) tea.

It would be an interesting plot thread/challenge for her to face, too. Struggle to find balance between two disparate roles/definitions of femininity: the one society (and biology) would impose on her and the one she's carved out for herself. This song has given us Catelyn, who despite displays of mental and even physical ferocity never truly becomes a "warrior" or stops being a mom, and it's given us Brienne, who rejects the shackling, subservient Traditional Female Role but in so doing also tries to reject/deny her femininity completely, but it hasn't quite given us someone struggling to straddle that line and be both quite like a Pregnant Asha would. THAT would be a fun read.

Also it would mean continuation of the Greyjoy Line after all (oh and bet your bottom dollar that if it's a boy and Theon dies, Asha names the boy for Theon.)

Yes, I'm interested on where this goes. Theon probably is unable to have kids so Asha's child could be vital.

Like Arya though they both are currently married but I'm not sure how legal it is since they had someone/something in their place. I doubt it will last too long in both cases. The husbands will die.

ETA: On Catelyn she actually disliked swordfighting and she associated being a warrior with motherhood more than once. She said that the Mother can be fiercer than the Warrior when it came to her children and that childbirth was a battlefield but no less fierce. Asha may also see it that way but I can see her still appreciating the literal sense.

I don't see the Elmar thing. Even if Arya got a personality transplant where she able to like former enemies or would want to marry at all Elmar was repeatedly mean to her in the books. So even on his end he did not want her.

She would not even need to use seduction unless Elmar grew differently. He seemed sickly to me and he was described as short for his age.

There's a good chance he's actually Black Walder's son so I can see why he's not nice.

Of course the thread does say crack and Jamie was mentioned.

Honestly, I think the idea of her ending up with anyone is crackpot which would qualify any ship.

I'm thinking he does a lot of changing. And I find it funny that he was mean to the very girl he was so set on marrying. Arya was mean to him too. She actually said "I hope your princess dies!" Hopefully that's not foreshadowing of anything.

But yeah, we're talking crackpot ships. For a real ship for Arya I'd have to go with Gendry.

Bloodraven (as Bran), and Meera.

Meera doesn't know Bran is actually sorcerer-warged, and Branraven does this for an heir that he can permawarg that can actually walk.

Wargs the infant, grows up all over again, enhancing his powers through time.

The theoretical powers, between the old blood of the cotfm, & crannogmen, with warged targaryen sorcery?

Muy delicioso!

and his name shalt be.... Howland Stark.

Bloodraven (as Bran), and Meera.

Meera doesn't know Bran is actually sorcerer-warged, and Branraven does this for an heir that he can permawarg that can actually walk.

Wargs the infant, grows up all over again, enhancing his powers through time.

The theoretical powers, between the old blood of the cotfm, & crannogmen, with warged targaryen sorcery?

Muy delicioso!

and his name shalt be.... Howland Stark.

:uhoh:

I'm thinking he does a lot of changing. And I find it funny that he was mean to the very girl he was so set on marrying. Arya was mean to him too. She actually said "I hope your princess dies!" Hopefully that's not foreshadowing of anything.

But yeah, we're talking crackpot ships. For a real ship for Arya I'd have to go with Gendry.

She was because she tried to be nice only for him to be nasty. Saying no one cared that her brothers were dead led to the princess dies line. Before that it was him making her do his work and calling her too skinny then she called him too stupid and said that he should get leeched because she knew he was afraid of it.

His behavior made her respond to him that way. Comparably she was very sweet to Ned Dayne until he mentioned Ashara Dayne and Denyo when she was on the ship to Braavos.

Weren't Darkstar and Arianne former lovers?

No. Arianne looks at him, and considers the idea, because he's soooo handsome. But they never actually sleep together at any point. Arianne actually shows a bit of intelligence and stays away from him because she thinks he's a little TOO dangerous and cruel.

Weren't Darkstar and Arianne former lovers?

I believe that was Daemon Sand with whom Arianne was with in the past, Oberyn's squire. Though in AFfC, Arianne clearly wouldn't mind hitting that.

Archived