Small Questions v 10078

Stubby

Was the Sack of Winterfell (and the accompanying it butchery) done on Roose's orders or was it Ramsay taking initiative?

It was clearly done on Roose's orders. Hence "bring me the Freys and burn the rest."

why couldn't Ramsey have ordered that himself?

Well why would he? Unless Roose had told him about his plans with the Freys and Tywin. (I doubt Roose told Ramsey everything, but he told him "hey keep those Frey boys alive" so he would have insurance he wouldn't be killed at the Red Wedding)

Well why would he? Unless Roose had told him about his plans with the Freys and Tywin. (I doubt Roose told Ramsey everything, but he told him "hey keep those Frey boys alive" so he would have insurance he wouldn't be killed at the Red Wedding)

But Ramsey knew who those boys were and their value as hostages. He wanted to kill all others but he the Walders were valuable to him without his father's approval or direction.

Is it ever mentioned if Oberyn was around during RR and if he took part? Was it fact that Elia was considered a hostage during the rebellion? I always wondered why Doran didn't send for her at the beginning of the war or at least send guards to stay with her.

Is it ever mentioned if Oberyn was around during RR and if he took part? Was it fact that Elia was considered a hostage during the rebellion? I always wondered why Doran didn't send for her at the beginning of the war or at least send guards to stay with her.

I think there is a reference in the books that Aerys hinted to Lewyn that he considered Elia as a hostage to Dorne's aid against Robert.

I think there is a reference in the books that Aerys hinted to Lewyn that he considered Elia as a hostage to Dorne's aid against Robert.

:agree: From the App: HERE (sorry didn't feel like retyping all that)

Here's the text...

He floated in heat, in memory. "After dancing griffins lost the Battle of the Bells, Aerys exiled him." Why am I telling this absurd ugly child? "He had finally realized that Robert was no mere outlaw lord to be crushed at whim, but the greatest threat House Targaryen had faced since Daemon Blackfyre. The king reminded Lewyn Martell gracelessly that he held Elia and sent him to take command of the ten thousand Dornishmen coming up the kingsroad. ..."

Seeing the lack of participation on Oberyns side, and the active role he played in creating a rebellion for Dorne a short while after the Rebellion, I'd say that Oberyn was across the sea during the war, and returned at the very end, or when it was already over. I feel like there is absolutely no way that Oberyn would nicely stay in Sunspear while his uncle was fighting and dying and his sister was a hostage.

Elia was indeed factually known as a hostage, at least at the end of the war, of not before.

Doran was reluctant to send aid to Aerys because of Rhaegars treatment if Elia during the tourney at Harrenhal, and the fact that he disappeared so shortly after Aegons birth with Lyanna.

I'm certain Ramsay would not have sacked Winterfell without his fathers say so... Don't ask me how I know just trust me...

It sounds to me just like Ramsay. He likes taking initiative. Or do you think the Hornwood thing was also on Roose's orders? Theon's torture?

Speaking of that screenshot, it says that Lewyn was Oberyn's great-uncle (grandparent's sibling, like the Blackfish and Robb), while the wiki says he was his uncle (parent's sibling, like Edmure and Robb). Which one is it?

Prince Doran mentions at some time in the later books that Dorne actually is not able of rising that big a fighting force as the history books and songs of the past boast. It is a secret that must be kept. A bluff to help keep potential invaders away. So they might have been even more unwilling than others to seend troops away at any time before as well.

It sounds to me just like Ramsay. He likes taking initiative. Or do you think the Hornwood thing was also on Roose's orders? Theon's torture?

Speaking of that screenshot, it says that Lewyn was Oberyn's great-uncle (grandparent's sibling, like the Blackfish and Robb), while the wiki says he was his uncle (parent's sibling, like Edmure and Robb). Which one is it?

Lewyn is stated as Oberyn's uncle, the brother of Oberyn's mother. ;) That should be stated several times in the books

Edit: From Arianne's POV:

“Yes,” she said, “that fine white cloak. You forget, my great-uncle wore the same cloak.

He's Arianne's great-uncle, thus Doran's and Oberyns uncle.

Lewyn is stated as Oberyn's uncle, the brother of Oberyn's mother. ;) That should be stated several times in the books

I think it's just a mistake in the app, because it also says in the app that Lewyn is Doran's uncle, not his great-uncle.

I'm sure this has been asked before:

The 7 Kingdoms are in danger of being invaded by the White Walkers/Others....are the other continents in danger too? Would they take to ships and destroy everyone, or maybe cross over on an ice bridge over the Narrow Sea?

Just curious if Essos and all of those other civilizations have anything to worry about besides some bad weather. Personally I always thought the Others were the doom of everyone, but after thinking about it...maybe not. The wall is simply in Westeros.

Not exactly a "small question".... :dunno:

Archived